“Limited Fun”

Amazing Chicago's Funhouse Maze
Ranked #168 of 640 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Squeezing, stomping, spinning... double over laughing... delightfully dizzy, twisting and turning... An exhilarating sensory experience for the whole family. Amazing Chicago’s Funhouse Maze is located on Chicago’s Navy Pier. We open daily at 10AM. Adult and Child 1-time pass is $7.95 per person.Group rates available.Part Funhouse, Part Maze 100% Fun!
Arlington Hts, IL
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Limited Fun”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I got a Living Social deal for the Funhouse Maze at $5 per person. This cheaper price helped a bit considering it was a rather quick trip through this maze. It reminded me more of a carnival spook house, rather than a real maze. The maze part was small, as well as the rest of the attraction. We took a 9 year old and 6 year old. They both thought it was fun and went through it with little to no fear. The 6 year old held my hand at the beginning, but quickly went with her brother ahead of my husband and me. Our deal did include a free ticket for "Time Freak" which is a 1 minute race hitting buttons that light up and competing against another team. All in all the Funhouse Maze attraction was a good time, but could have been much more for the price. I certainly wouldn't have paid full price for this experience!

Visited April 2013
12 Thank happytraveler048

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Short trip funhouse”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Took a trip into the Funhouse very short maybe five minutes long not worth the 9.99 A person. Visible sign "not for children under five" I had an 11-year-old and a seven-year-old who were terrified.

7 Thank Jrhender74
MazeOwner, General Manager at Amazing Chicago's Funhouse Maze, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Let me begin by saying thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. If we do not hear comments from guests, be them positive or negative, we miss out on how we can better serve our customers. I am sorry your visit with us was not what you expected. Our goal is to provide a fun, memorable experience to our guests that is also a great value. When the situation arises that a guest feels they did not get the experience or value they expected we gladly refund their money. Again my apologies that you did not enjoy your visit. If you can email us or give us a call we can begin the refund process. We can be reached at 312-595-5375 or emilybandza@amazingchicago.com
Mullingar, Donegal, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great.....Love it....Amazing.... :)”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Great for younger kids.Me and my friend went and we were really scared.Its worth it though.The prices are not that expensive but i had groupon so it was a great deal.The time freak is also a really small fun place where u have to push the buttons and who ever wins wins haha..Really fun place to enjoy.In my opinion kids under 5 should not go because they would get really scared.Hoped i helped bye.

Visited March 2013
5 Thank Dea H
Montréal
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Ok but don't plan to spend the day”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Funny moment. We payed for both attractions. 13 year old son appreciated the activity. We had a good time together there. But as a whole, including paying at the cashier, we spent 35 minutes in the place. So it's not very expensive, but you don't get that much for your money. If you know and accept that, it's ok. Not Disneyworld but some fun.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Mario D
Bradenton, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Fun, we loved it.”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My husband and I went through with our 14 yr old son, and we all loved it. The price is a little high but you're in a tourist location, that is to be expected When we emerged, we were all laughing and talked about for a while after. The maze is entertaining, great for teens and adults. I don't think it would be too good for the younger kids. Overall it was worth it. We did the time freak after the maze and it was free with the maze. I wouldn't purchase time freak but as a bonus for the maze, it was fun.

Visited November 2012