“Not quite as good as I remember”
Review of Tilted Kilt

Tilted Kilt
Reserve with OpenTable
Tilted Kilt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,497 of 9,902 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Madison
Transit: CTA Train - Red at State St/Blue at Dearborn/Orange, Purple, Brown, Green, Pink at Madison
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We've been in a few branches of the Tilted Kilt, and remembered it fondly for reasonably-priced drinks, and better than average bar food. Having found surprisingly few bars in the centre of Chicago, we were glad to come across this place early on. The food was in fact still very good - great burgers and sandwiches, and anything else I saw coming out of the kitchen looked pretty appetising. The selection of beer was good, but it's tough to get a pint of anything remotely 'ordinary'. If craft-brewed orange-zest-infused catchily-named ale is not your thing, you'll struggle. In fairness, this is true of anywhere in Chicago. We found the prices a little on the high side, which is again possibly down to location but the other branches we've visited all have frequent offers that make up for this. I didn't see any here. Atmosphere seemed a bit unusual - as it's in an office building up an escalator, but nothing to complain about. The staff uniforms, (which many customers may regard as the main attraction!) remain the same.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I knew there were half naked girls for servers so that didn't bother me but the tasteless food needs some improving! We ordered margaritas that didn't even taste like a margarita and when the manager asked us how they were he just asked if we wanted more lime. When we said we didn't think that was it he just walked away. We ordered the garlic fries because another review said they were really good but ours were tasteless. I barely even knew there was garlic on them. The ceasar salad was strange tasting too. In their defense my father said his sandwich was really good. Not sure if I will give them another chance, unless my husband wants to go for the atmosphere :)

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Needed a quick and cost-efficient meal and the Tilted Kilt provided that plus great food! I had the Sloppy Jane with cold turkey and my husband had the Spicy Sausage sandwich. Also, the homemade chips were good - I added malt vinegar and salt to them but they were goo plain too.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I made a reservation here off of a major booking site. What the reviews there failed to mention was that the waitresses serve the tables in bras and micro-kilts. Some have to work hard not to fall out. It is a shame really, because of this I will not be back. The selection of beers is good, the fish and chips tasty. But I am not at all comfortable with the treatment of the staff here. Women should not be forced to dress like strippers in order to have a job in a pub.
To top it off, even though I ate there with a reservation, the restaurant reported me as a no show and would not correct the error.

3  Thank bluesonwhyte
Reviewed 11 February 2013

First time visiting a Tilted Kilt it was a cool spot in great location. Obviously the scenery was great if you ever been to one or know what the waitress dress code is. If your in the area its worth stopping in and having at least a drink.

1  Thank Craig D

Been to Tilted Kilt? Share your experiences!