“Unforgettable Experience”
Review of Villa D'Citta

Villa D'Citta
Ranked #2 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This review is long overdue, but I finally am getting a moment to share my experience. In late July of last year, we decided to have our reception at Villa D' Citta. Cathy and her staff kindly showed us the venue and spent a great deal of time helping us set up the arrangements.

The venue itself is eye-catching, and offers the feeling of a large, rustic, Italian-style home. Since we wanted to host a party that allowed our guests to feel comfortable to lounge and relax, we decided to book the indoor kitchen, living-room and outdoor space. Moreover, we really wanted to continue the relaxed vibe by serving various artisan-style pizzas and it just so happened that Cathy was skilled at preparing and cooking such pizzas with the venue's brick-oven.

At the end of the evening, it turned out that Cathy prepared over 18 pizzas and really put her all into making our event one to remember. Along with a few other party helpers, our event would not have been made possible without Cathy and her staff's attention to detail and dedication. We are ever so grateful and hope to return in the future to host another event at Villa D' Citta.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertP09211987
Villa2230, General Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2014

Oh my goodness--thank you for your effusive praise! The Villa is a wonderful venue to host a special event: wedding, birthday party, reception, bridal shower, etc.

Your party was wonderful, and I was very happy to help you plan the details to make your event such a big success! Our pizza oven gets a lot of use, and I am happy that I was able to spend the evening cranking our the 18 pizzas for you and your guests. It was great that you came up with various toppings to add so that we could create unique pizzas like basil pesto etc.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff members as well. We look forward to having you return to the Villa in the future for either a staycation or another special event!

There are newer reviews for Villa D'Citta

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Everything about Villa D'Citta was wonderful. This was my first stay at a B&B and I am glad that I had the opportunity to stay here for three nights.

The rooms are immaculate and they all have their own personalities and charm. The towels are refreshed on a daily basis.

The staff was wonderful and went above and beyond providing us with everything we needed. They even catered to our different dietary needs which was appreciated.

Finally, the B&B is located in a great neighborhood with a lot of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. The B&B is also very secure with a slam-lock gate that can only be accessed with a pin number. I felt very comfortable there.

1  Thank LaViajeraMorena

Thank you for your kind comments. It is always nice when people state that their stay at the Villa was their first Bed & Breakfast experience--

Yes, as best as possible we try to take into consideration our guests special dietary needs: gluten free, vegetarian, etc., and I thank you for appreciating our efforts.

Please come back and see us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Probably the best B&B I've ever stayed at. Great location, eclectic design and enthusiastic staff make this a great experience. I loved the fresh baked, natural foods. I'll be back as soon as I am back in Chicago no doubt.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Brad B

Wow! You have stayed in other B&B's and so I greatly appreciate that you found the Villa to be your best B&B experience thus far!

We look forward to your staying with us when you next come back to Chicago!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I couldn't recommend Villa D'Citta more highly. It was a beautiful place to stay in the heart of lovely Lincoln Park, and Cathy goes above and beyond in her attention to detail. What's really unique is that it's a B&B, complete with the richest and most delicious breakfast, but you also have access to a full-service kitchen (with a stocked fridge, panini maker, full cookie jar, and wine on-tap!) The mattresses were unbelievable, and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to stay here again.

1  Thank Jennymarshall415

Your review title says it al "Luxury in Lincoln Park"! Thank you for that wonderful comment and for saying that you would not hesitate to stay here again.

I also appreciate that you felt that I go above and beyond with respect to attention to detail---Thanks!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The B&B is housed in a historic, boutique mansion in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood. It's stunning, comfortable, and luxurious, and no detail is overlooked. Cathy & staff go well above and beyond. I'm looking for ANY reason to return to Villa D'Citta!

PS - There's a functional wine tap built into the wall in the kitchen. Enough said.

1  Thank ChicagoFreesia

Thank you for your kind comments. I especially appreciated your stating that no detail is overlooked.
We aim to please!

Come back and see us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've been to Chicago a million times for business trips-- always staying in a traditional downtown business hotel. On this trip, I stayed with some colleagues at this fab b&b (a gorgeous townhouse) right in the heart of the Lincoln Park neighborhood (great indie shops and restaurants nearby). The beds are plush and the breakfasts scrumptious-- and we made good use of the make-your-own panini machines. This was the first time I really felt at home while here on business-- the spacious (but cozy) common rooms and incredible staff made such a difference-- it was a welcome change from a sterile hotel.

1  Thank SouvenirFinder

Yes indeed, Villa D'Citta is indeed a hidden gem in a fun neighborhood! Thanks for commenting that a stay at the Villa is such a welcome change from what you called a "sterile hotel".

Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Having lived in the neighborhood for years, I never noticed the gorgeous B&B in Lincoln Park, until I returned to a stay recently. The staff was incredible and welcoming. I totally loved the in wall wine spout - pour your own wine, plus unlimited coffee and tea, and fresh baked cookies daily. The atmosphere was touching with Italian influences, and created a quiet Italian oasis in the middle of bustling Lincoln Park.

1  Thank WithHusbandInTow

It is always wonderful to hear from people that say that they have lived in our area and yet never knew that an upscale B&B existed in Lincoln Park. I'm so glad that you found us and that you enjoyed your stay in our Italian Villa.