“Spectacular B&B in Chicago's Lincoln Park”
Review of Villa D'Citta

and 1 more site!
Villa D'Citta
Ranked #2 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Spectacular B&B in Chicago's Lincoln Park”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were thrilled with our recent 3-night stay at this beautifully decorated B&B right in the heart of Lincoln Park. Walking distance from theaters, excellent dining, boutique shopping, the zoo and conservatory and so much more. The staff couldn't be more welcoming or attentive to our comfort and every need. Wonderfully tasty breakfast pizzas, waffles, and quiches were served each morning. The accommodations were absolutely luxurious. We felt like royalty! Fresh baked cookies awaited us upon our return from afternoon activities each day. We enjoyed a lovely glass of red wine from a quaint cask in the kitchen each evening. The only teeeeeny tiny disappointment was that the romantic rooftop jacuzzi was not working properly and they could not get it to operate before we left. We had really been looking forward to using it as the weather was perfect for it. Oh well…next time. And there will definitely be a next time! We highly recommend Villa d'Citta. Thanks to Cathy and her terrific staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Villa2230, General Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this review, 28 September 2014
Thank you for stating that you were thrilled with your stay with us at the Villa. How wonderful to hear that you felt you were being treated like royalty with our doing our best to be attentive and welcoming. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings, the fresh baked cookies, and the luxurious surroundings of the Villa.

I regret that our hot tub needed a minor repair during your stay. It was up and running again shortly after your departure. Thank you however for not letting that get in the way of your enjoying all that we have to offer at the Villa, and for your stating that you not only will return, but that you will recommend a stay at the Villa to folks that you know. Thanks!

Cathy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Located about 2 miles northwest of Chicago's Gold Coast and 3 1/4 miles from the Loop, this location provides convenient access to a host of fine restaurants, shops, theaters, and parks (Oz park two blocks east and Chicago's lakefront Lincoln Park is only 6/10's of a mile to the east) - everything the heart of Chicago has to offer. Yet it is away from the hub bub of downtown.

If you enjoy walking, this is a superior location. There is foot traffic but it's not crowded. Lots of restaurants specializing in everything from burgers and pizza to fine dining are within 1/2 mile of the Villa. The neighborhood is very well kept with beautiful architecture - we enjoyed exploring the area and looking at the beautifully kept older buildings. If you are not a walker, public transportation by bus or cab is available right outside the Villa - and Chicago's L system is less than 1/2 mile west (close enough to walk - but far enough so that noise from the L is not a problem).

In addition to the daily breakfast, the Villa stocks its refrigerator with cold cuts and cheese, provides good Italian bread and a Panini toaster for guest use. Coffee, juices, and tea can be had at any time.

The Villa has a two car garage which may be rented by guests - and the staff can advise on additional parking in the area should the Villa's garage be full.

The Villa is an old summer mansion which was redone into a B&B. I believe the renovation was completed about 6 years ago.

I could say a lot more - but there are already many good reviews on the Villa speaking of the fine staff, etc. The various accolades are well deserved. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: We stayed two nights in the Milan Suite. The suite is in the front of the building on the third flo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingHappy66
Thank you for your thorough comments about your stay with us at the Villa. I am glad that you commented on how conveniently we are located to trendy shops and marvelous restaurants, as well as the subway (the El).

Thanks for mentioning our garage as well. Although there is free parking on Halsted in front of the Villa--it is catch as catch can, and so many of our guests prefer to reserve a spot in our parking garage.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Recently spent one night in the Euru room at Villa D'Citta. I just happened to run across some reviews as I was looking for a place to stay in the Lincoln Park area and they seemed to be very positive. This was a last minute plan and many places have a minimum requirement for at least 2 nights. I spoke with Cathy, the Accomodations Director by phone and it was not a problem at all that we would only be there for 1 night. Just as other reviewers have mentioned, she could not have been more friendly or accommodating. Reservations were made but I was a little unsure of my arrival time. She went out of her way to make sure that she would be there whenever we did arrive. Once there, Cathy and her assistent (I apologize for forgetting your name) greeted us in a very professional yet very warm and welcoming way. I didn't feel as if we were receiving any less of a welcoming than if we were staying for longer than just a short over night. I'd looked pictures online that showed a very beautiful and tastefully decorated B&B. It lived up to and surpassed what I had seen in the photos online. The only thing that was a disappointment to me was that we weren't staying longer. We will be back, without a doubt.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank di1221_59
Thank you for your kind comments! Yes, whether a guest is staying for one night or many, we do our best to make sure that they have an enjoyable and memorable stay. I am so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us, and that you will be returning to stay again sometime in the future.

naperville,il
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was another amazing stay at The Villa, Just when you think the hotel cant get any better they do something that no one else does. I love the new house wine cask they installed that adds a beauty all its own to the hotel. The service is 5 star and your every need is attended to with perfection. I will never stay anywhere else when I'm in Chicago.

Room Tip: The Grand Tuscan is the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dennisvoice
Thank you for your comments! Yes, we are always trying to make improvements at the Villa. Many guests like yourself have been delighted by the addition of our wine on tap cask--our way of welcoming guests to the Villa with a complimentary glass of red wine. Guests have loved this latest addition, and there have been many pictures on Facebook pages of the Villa's latest addition!

Thank you very much for saying that we provide 5 star service----we definitely aim to please!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This review is long overdue, but I finally am getting a moment to share my experience. In late July of last year, we decided to have our reception at Villa D' Citta. Cathy and her staff kindly showed us the venue and spent a great deal of time helping us set up the arrangements.

The venue itself is eye-catching, and offers the feeling of a large, rustic, Italian-style home. Since we wanted to host a party that allowed our guests to feel comfortable to lounge and relax, we decided to book the indoor kitchen, living-room and outdoor space. Moreover, we really wanted to continue the relaxed vibe by serving various artisan-style pizzas and it just so happened that Cathy was skilled at preparing and cooking such pizzas with the venue's brick-oven.

At the end of the evening, it turned out that Cathy prepared over 18 pizzas and really put her all into making our event one to remember. Along with a few other party helpers, our event would not have been made possible without Cathy and her staff's attention to detail and dedication. We are ever so grateful and hope to return in the future to host another event at Villa D' Citta.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobertP09211987
Oh my goodness--thank you for your effusive praise! The Villa is a wonderful venue to host a special event: wedding, birthday party, reception, bridal shower, etc.

Your party was wonderful, and I was very happy to help you plan the details to make your event such a big success! Our pizza oven gets a lot of use, and I am happy that I was able to spend the evening cranking our the 18 pizzas for you and your guests. It was great that you came up with various toppings to add so that we could create unique pizzas like basil pesto etc.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff members as well. We look forward to having you return to the Villa in the future for either a staycation or another special event!

NY
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Everything about Villa D'Citta was wonderful. This was my first stay at a B&B and I am glad that I had the opportunity to stay here for three nights.

The rooms are immaculate and they all have their own personalities and charm. The towels are refreshed on a daily basis.

The staff was wonderful and went above and beyond providing us with everything we needed. They even catered to our different dietary needs which was appreciated.

Finally, the B&B is located in a great neighborhood with a lot of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. The B&B is also very secure with a slam-lock gate that can only be accessed with a pin number. I felt very comfortable there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LaViajeraMorena
Thank you for your kind comments. It is always nice when people state that their stay at the Villa was their first Bed & Breakfast experience--

Yes, as best as possible we try to take into consideration our guests special dietary needs: gluten free, vegetarian, etc., and I thank you for appreciating our efforts.

Please come back and see us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Probably the best B&B I've ever stayed at. Great location, eclectic design and enthusiastic staff make this a great experience. I loved the fresh baked, natural foods. I'll be back as soon as I am back in Chicago no doubt.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Brad B
Wow! You have stayed in other B&B's and so I greatly appreciate that you found the Villa to be your best B&B experience thus far!

We look forward to your staying with us when you next come back to Chicago!