“Good food so long as you are not seated in the dark (bring a torch!)”
Review of Zapatista - Lincoln Park - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Waukeegan Rd.
London, United Kingdom
“Good food so long as you are not seated in the dark (bring a torch!)”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I visited on 6th June and as I was on my own was shepherded to an inner part of the reataurant which even at 8-30pm was dark with no lighting above the table. I was handed a menu which you could not read. When I asked how I was meant to order if I couldnt see menu in dark I was presented with a torch. I sais I was leaving to go to a restaurantacross the road I was directed by the lady on the front desk to a table outside which I had been previously told was unavailable.The service was slow but the food was good when it arrived.

• Visited June 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice location, food barely acceptable”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This restaurant is nicely located at the corner of Fullerton and Clark, a very busy intersection. The decor is nice and seating reasonably comfortable. The service is reasonable as well. The food, however, is really iffy. Most of the food is pre-made and overcooked. The lamb chops were clearly made yesterday and heated up before serving. The vegetable is not very fresh. Some of the dishes are very greasy. While some may like the location and the bar, there are lots of Mexican restaurants in the area and many are much better in terms of food.

• Visited June 2012
“Drinks & Apps”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Went here for a work function, great drinks and apps, would definitely go back for a full meal.

Visited April 2012
Goshen, Indiana
“Nice atmosphere - average food.”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I visited with friends on a beautiful evening in March 2012. It was a warm evening so they opened up the large glass panels at the front of the restaurant letting the wonderful air in. In spite of the atmosphere however, the food was only average. We tried the ceviche which was bland and lacking in character. Also, the shrimp tocos were covered with a sauce that was heavy and did not let the flavor of the seafood come through. Their salsa also had too much of a chipotle flavor for our tastes.

• Visited March 2012
Iowa
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Nice atmosphere and great service but the food didn't have a real Mexican 'kick' to it that I was craving that evening. It was good, just not spicy enough for me.

Visited March 2012