“Overall a Wonderful Experience!”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Ranked #10 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dearborn, Michigan, United States
“Overall a Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My fiancé and I decided to have a two day get away to Chicago, decided to stay at the Palomar, and we are happy we did. The staff was always on point, very courteous and professional. The concierge “Bobby” was able to help us plan out our weekend, with no regrets! We arrived Friday afternoon, and joined the free wine reception near the lobby from 5-7pm (it was very classy and gave us a chance to socialize with other people from all across the nation.) The following morning we had breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant “Sable Kitchen & Bar” where the staff and the meals really impressed us. The rooms were unique and comfortable. On Sundays check-out again the staff was helpful and had us leaving satisfied with our stay. Overall the Palomar was a great experience at an affordable price and can easily pass for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
orange county
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I started staying at Kimpton properties 4 years ago. I've stayed at Kimptons in Denver, Arlington, and Miami. They all impress. Palomar Chicago was no exception. The guys in the front are super friendly and greeted me as I entered. Jessica at the front desk checked me in, she was very friendly and helped any way she could. The rooms and bathrooms are very comfortable and stylish. Great decor in the hotel. I cant say enough about the staff here. I didnt get names, but the big African-American guy at the front door was funny and friendly. I also bumped into one of the bellman in the elevator, he was an Asian-American, we chatted about California a bit, he asked if I was checking bags in or anything, very friendly. Whenever I stay at a Kimpton property, I feel like I'm at home. The staff makes the stay that much better. The property is also very exquisite and close to a lot of restaurants. The Red line is across the street. Excellent location. This is the hotel of choice when I'm in Chicago.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Travel M
Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Traveled with my wife for weekend without the kids Feb 10-12. Everything about the hotel was perfect. The room itself (King Spa) was wonderful. Employees were outgoing and friendly. The location was convenient to everything.

I love this hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 13 February 2012

great location - walk to miracle mile. nice wine reception in evening. great rooms, very modern. door to bathroom was odd (sliding) so not as much privacy as you'd like. would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was a fabulous, relatively cheap (for Chicago), hotel! Perfect location-the redline is just a stone throw away, and walking distance to Michigan Ave and the theater district. We stayed here on the coldest weekend of the year for the auto show, and the staff was always pleasant, even the poor valet and doorman outside in the bitter cold! The wine reception (a Kimpton standard, I think, because they had it at the San Francisco Kimpton I previously stayed) is a nice touch- the cocktail area with fireplace was packed. At check-in, we also got a "Raid the Minibar" voucher which was fun for drinks while getting dressed for the evening. As for the room, it was funky and unexpected, in a very good way. One of the nicest touches was the Etro bath products- though it is quite unfortunate because I can't seem to find them online to buy them now that I'm addicted to the musk scent! Overall, a great hotel. I'd suggest parking your car (and yes, the $50/night is standard in Chicago), and explore!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chksrgn
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Chksrgn:

Thank you so much for writing such a kind and detailed review about the Palomar Chicago. We are so pleased that you had a chance to experience all of the wonderful things that make our hotel company so unique.

If you would ike to contact me directly at nabil.moubayed@hotelpalomar.com I am sure we could arrange for you to get some of our Etro products. That particular scent is made specifically for Kimpton Hotels.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

All the best,

Nabil Moubayed
GM - Palomar Chicago
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I take weekend getaways to Chicago almost once of month. Last time, we stayed at Hotel Monaco, but this time I wanted to try Hotel Palomar (both are Kimpton Hotels) as it was recently named one of the top 25 hotels in the country.

Our perfect weekend was engineered by concierge Bobby Gonzalez. Due to lack of a response while setting up in-room spa services, I had sent an email to the hotel expressing my disappointment. Bobby did everything from getting us a room upgrade to setting up a private table at La Scarola to make up for my inconvenience. It was a pleasure to see that customer service is not a foreign concept to Mr Gonzalez.

Hotel Palomar is a gorgeous hotel with all the amenities one would expect from a property of this level. I will not stay anywhere in Chicago other than Hotel Palomar.

Dear Yobs:

Thank you so much for the stellar review you left for us. We truly appreciate it. We are also thrilled that you singled out Bobby for providing such great customer service. He is truly a wonderful asset to this hotel.

Thank you also for making this property your Chicago choice for future stays. That is music to our ears.

All the best,