“A great stay for Our Anniversary”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Ranked #10 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oak Park, Illinois
“A great stay for Our Anniversary”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here the Evenng of Saturday, November 2nd for our Wedding Anniversary. I wanted the night to be perfect for My Wife and I had been dealing with the Concierge, Mark, well in advance. He went above and beyond and exceeded ALL expectations! I was impressed, but more importantly to me, so was My Wife. Dinner at The Signature Room, some shopping on Michigan Avenue and a Couple's Massage that Evening in our room. Mark was a big help for me in planning and helping with everything in advance. He even had a room upgrade for us, as well as a personal note and a complimentary bottle of wine in the room waiting upon check in. This Concierge and Hotel KNOW how to make people FEEL like VIP's! Our Portrait Suite was beautiful and huge. Couldn't ask for more! We were given a Suite on the 17th Floor and we didn't hear any sirens or street noise as I saw in a few other reviews. I had mentioned this when we made the reservation as My Wife is a light sleeper. And once again, Mark took care of Us!... A stay at The Palomar will make you feel like Royalty! Melissa was great and super friendly as well and she helped us with both checking in and checking out! Poor Girl works too much she was there to take care of us for both! Lol! But always with a smile... A stay here is certainly one you will enjoy. Thanks again to Mark and the Staff at The Palomar for making Our Wedding Anniversary a memorable one :)

Room Tip: The Higher the better apparently. We stayed n the 17th Floor and heard no street traffic at all.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear KevinOM,

I know that we have already corresponded via email regarding your recent visit with us for your wedding anniversary, but I wanted to reach out here as well to say thank you, so very much for all of your praise and wonderful feedback from your experience. It is absolutely terrific to hear how great your time with us was, as well as your memorable encounters with our concierge, Mark, and our front desk associate, Melissa. They are both special people who truly care about putting smiles on our guests' faces - and are true assets to our hotel and company. I thank you kindly for mentioning their names here as I know that it means a lot to them to know your high degree of satisfaction with your stay. On behalf of our entire team here at the Palomar, we wish you and your wife a Happy Anniversary, and we certainly welcome you back soon!

AGM - Palomar Chicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
Shorewood, Illinois
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed by the service received here. The location was excellent...within walking distance to everything we wanted to do. Check in and out was quick and friendly. They paid attention to every detail...even sent a bottle of wine to the room for my husband's birthday! Complimentary wine hour was great...flatbreads they served were delicious. I highly recommend trying drinks at Sable, adjacent to Palomar...they were unique and tasty. I would absolutely stay at this Hotel again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear asil24,

Thank you so much for your gracious review here on Trip Advisor. We certainly love to hear when our guests truly enjoyed their visit, especially when celebrating a special occasion - please wish your husband a belated Happy Birthday! I do thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will do so again for your next trip into the city...perhaps for some holiday shopping in December...?

Chicago IL
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed for an extended weekend at the Palomar. What a beautiful hotel! Updated rooms and bathrooms. The service is wonderful and everyone is very friendly. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The beds are very comfortable. It is located in a great area of Chicago. You can walk to everything. They have a great one hour wine reception each evening and you can sit inside or outside (there are heating lamps if it is cold). Great hotel, great value and perfect location!

Room Tip: When you check in ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KathyBill1
Dear KathyBill1,

We very much appreciate your praise and kind comments - and I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your extended downtown weekend! It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy your visit and all that we have to offer as a Kimpton Hotel. We certainly hope you will come back soon for another long weekend - and until then, be well and enjoy the fall season!

Kind regards,

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 31 October 2013

As always, the Palomar provided a great stay, not unlike my stays at the Palomar SF and DC. I had a top floor king spa room with a good view. Wine hour was fun, coffee service good, and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear TonyPSP,

Please allow me to thank you for sharing your kind review here on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you truly had a nice visit to Chicago, and here at our hotel. We certainly hope your Palomar loyalty continues, and Kimpton Hotels as a whole!

Safe travels always,

New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The front desk, bar and restaurant and rooms at this hotel are very very high quality and at a price which is significantly lower than similar luxury properties. The proximity to shopping restaurants and night life is excellent as well. I recommend staying here if you are visiting Chicago.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bko61163
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear bko61163,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback here on Trip Advisor from your recent stay. We very much appreciate your kind comments and recommendation of our hotel and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town!

Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed for my mums retirement vacation it was our first time in chicago. This hotel was great we were surprised with bottle of champagne in our room when we arrived which was very nice. The rooms are excellent very spacious will definitely go back here. The reception staff are terrific they are so helpful recommended great restaurants every night. Would highly recommend staying here it was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear deblouise,

Thank you for your review and it is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit here in Chicago. And please pass on my congratulations on your mum's retirement as well! Please come back and see us the next time you are in Chicago and I wish you a wonderful fall/winter season!

Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Thank you for a wonderful stay in Chicago and at the Palomar. We own the Paradice Motel in South Lake Tahoe and are always going the extra mile for our guest it was so awesome to be on the receiving end and experiencing all the attention to detail and little touches that you think might go unnoticed. We noticed and send our fondest MAHALO!

Room Tip: We did the prepaid option which worked out great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Thurman34,

It is great to hear from fellow hoteliers about such a positive experience at our hotel! Thank you for sharing as I am certain you know how much we appreciate our guests' feedback - especially when all goes well! I wish you all the best and our most sincere "mahalo" back to you!

Kindest regards,