“Another Home Run by Kimpton”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Ranked #12 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Another Home Run by Kimpton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Decided to take a quick weekend trip to Chicago and scored a great deal at the Palomar, and boy it did NOT disappoint! The location is absolutely fantastic - close to so many great restaurants, bars, shopping and places to explore. When I was there, we happened to be there at the same time the Boston Red Sox were in town playing the White Sox, so we were quite surprised to run into several players in the lobby - they have great taste in places to stay! : ] The staff was phenomenal and accommodating per usual (and as I have grown to expect from Kimpton properties) and the facilities are comfortable with great views. I will definitely stay here again, and love being an InTouch Loyalty Program member!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Bootyp,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments and I'm glad to know you had a terrific visit with us back in April! Definitely sounds like you had a memorable visit and that we did not disappoint in your Kimpton loyalty. We always appreciate when our guests return and I sincerely thank you for that loyalty. We hope to see you again very soon - and enjoy the rest of your Summer.

AGM - Palomar Chicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
Northern New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Palomar for the second time and was not disappointed. It is very clean, spacious and the location is great. For me, this is a Chicago go-to for business trips. Being obsessive about hotel cleanliness, I am very comfortable with this hotel and would urge others to stay here. For this particulate trip my colleagues stayed at another hotel which was not rated well, which helped to confirm why I made the choice to stay at the Palomar.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear AM1027,

Thank you for returning to us here at the Palomar and thank you for sharing your very kind comments. We are grateful to have you as a now, return guest, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the Palomar for two nights on a recent business trip to Chicago. I have wanted to stay at a Kimpton because of their high satisfaction rating and I will join those that are very happy with the experience.Great location in downtown Chicago in walking distance to the Merchandise mart. Lots of restaurants and pubs in the area for evenings out. fast friendly check-in and out. Quiet, clean and comfortable room. I am a picky guy and can say that this hotel met my standards. Near the subway station which I used to come in from the airport. I ate dinner at the Sable (reviewed separately) and it was very good.

Room Tip: I was in 1402 which was at the end of the corridor away from the elevator. very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jengled
Dear jengled,

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating, and thank you for making us your first ever Kimpton stay! Great to hear that you were not disappointed and that you had a wonderful visit. We hope that you become one of our Kimpton loyalists and we certainly hope to see you again for your next visit to Chicago!

Robina, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My son and I spent 2 nights here recently in a 2 bed queen room and really enjoyed our stay. As In Touch members we appreciated the free wifi and also the coffee in the lobby each morning.
Our corner room was spacious, quiet and had a nice view right down the street to the lake.
Beds were supremely comfortable as well as the great pillows and soft linen. I used the fitness centre both mornings and found it great for my needs. Enough cardio equipment and mats for the anoint of guests using it at the times I was there.
Really good location also within walking distance to many attractions.
I would definitely stay here again next visit to Chicago.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lisa31jane
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear lisa31jane,

Your very kind and gracious review is very much appreciated. It is great to know that you were comfortable in your room and enjoyed our amenities such as our 17th floor fitness center. Please know that we look forward to a future trip you may take to Chicago, and that we would love to be your host hotel when that happens!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Super convenient location and fabulous extras like free drinks and appetizers for their nightly wine hour as well as a huge heat lamps in the front entrance so you can get warm as possible when it's freezing out!! The hotel was very clean and the service was amazing. I couldn't tell you about if it was worth the price, since we were lucky enough to have our aunt and uncle pay for our room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lhemarvin
Dear Lhemarvin,

Thank you for your very kind comments! Sounds like you truly had a great visit with us and our lively neighborhood of River North. Please come back soon and I thank your five star rating.

Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We just returned from Chicago. There are so many hotels it can be overwhelming I poured over reviews and prices and settled on the Palomar. I had never heard of it or Kimpton but given some recent not so great hotel stays I decided my "go to" hotel brands may simply be dated! I was not disappointed. This hotel is contemporary and modern and comfortable. The service was incredible. I mentioned my son's birthday and the staff greeted him before we gave them our names -- must have been the only 8 year old set to check in, but still fun for him! We had the goldfish in the room which was a real hit! And they sent the coolest box of chocolates for him as a gift. The pool was great at only 3.5 feet deep he could play safely. While the wine hour clearly is aimed at adults the hotel was also completely family friendly. The location was good but my son didn't really think it was walking distance to anywhere. Public transportation was easy though -- a free Navy Pier shuttle stop was just at the corner as well as a red line stop. Taxis were easy to catch too and there were plenty of good eats and some shopping right there. I also appreciated the full service grocery just across the street -- we stocked up on snacks and drinks for the room. Overall I think this was a great pick even in a city that has a million choices!

Room Tip: We like being near the top in Chicago it provides a much better view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank xyz0406
Dear xyz0406,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your son's birthday celebration. I'm glad to know that he enjoyed our goldfish as well as our pool. We love our "Kimpton Kids" very much and certainly try to make their stays as enjoyable as they are for their parents! We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, perhaps for another birthday celebration?!

Have a wonderful Summer,

MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were there for Memorial Day weekend with kids and another family that stayed here as well. We had a luxury 1 bedroom suite. First time at the hotel for us, and we were very surprised at the quality of the hotel, the attentive staff, and the extra amenities offered by Kimpton. Upon arrival, our bags were quickly loaded and sent up to our room. Our kids received a gold fish as a "pet" for the weekend. We enjoyed the happy hour everyday in the lobby. The place seemed very happening all the time, but yet quiet enough for those of us with small children. The hotel is located at an excellent spot, just off Michigan Ave to avoid the noise and crowd, but close enough to walk and do quick shopping runs while the kids napped. There are plenty of shops and restaurants within a 2 block radius of the hotel. There is a free trolley to Navy Pier that stops across the street from the hotel. We received a parking discount for our hybrid vehicle. We have stayed at other upscale hotels in the past in Chicago, but we will be returning here in future visits.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms is better to avoid the street noises at night
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mngrl08
Dear mngrl08,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the online community. Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you were pleasantly surprised! We love when that happens. Our goldfish certainly are a hit and happy to hear that your kids enjoyed their hotel pet. We very much appreciate your kindness and your business, and hope to see you again very soon.