Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$664
US$508
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$534
US$508
US$711
US$665
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$730
US$599
US$645
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$684
US$647
HotelsClick
2,877 results
All reviewswine hoursable restaurantwine receptionanimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga matrooftop terracefloor to ceiling windowsnorth areafront desk staffindoor poolone bedroom suitetop floorthe rivercorner roomstate streetmini bar
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We selected this hotel based on the reviews of Trip Advisor.
We were not disappointed. Although it is not a five star hotel it is a well deserved 4 star one.
The place, although clean and proper looks a little bit dated. The are several details missing such as a knowledgeable concierges to help you finding a restaurant, place to have lunch (restaurant opens at 3pm) but nothing is too important. The staff is very friendly (with one exception in the restaurant for breakfast) and they seem to make a dedicated effort to make you feel comfortable.
It is well located, only 3 blocks to Michigan Ave, lots of good restaurants around and a 5 minutes walk to the loop.
The only annoying thing is the constant sound of ambulances or firetruck sirens. There are hardly 3 minutes without them and boy they are loud!
Since the windows are well insulated this doesn't bother you for sleeping.
What I might say is that the quality of the mattresses needs improvement.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Carlos L,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback and compliments on your recent visit here at the Palomar Chicago. We very much appreciate it and I thank you for taking the time. Regarding your comment about our lack of knowledgable concierges - I am certain you did not speak with either Mark or Bobby, our dedicated, and very seasoned concierge team. I apologize that neither of them were available to assist. I do thank you for choosing to stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Spent three nights here recently during a long weekend trip to Chicago. We stayed in a King Spa River Room the first two nights and then for the last night moved into a one-bedroom due to having our unexpected teen-agers needing a place to stay. The front desk was very helpful in accommodating our request. Both rooms were exceptionally clean. I think we preferred the first room as it was more quiet, however. Love Kimpton properties and have stayed in numerous locations. The Palomar was a wonderful choice. Make sure you are a member of the InTouch Loyalty Program so you can get free Internet access. The location was fabulous for walking and dining around the area. Will definitely stay here again. Also, enjoyed a fabulous meal at Sable Kitchen and Bar.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear jdvmd,

Thank you for your kind comments and five star rating. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel, as well as the, can't miss, Sable Kitchen and Bar! We appreciate your choice to stay with us and welcome to the Kimpton family!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Outstanding best describes this hotel! I was getting married in Chicago and mentioned this in my reservation. The hotel staff noticed this comment and couldn't have been more gracious and thoughtful in acknowledging it.

The staff: Amazing best describes each staff member I encountered. Everyone is pleasant and helpful. They truly seem to enjoy their jobs. A special kudos to Brandon at the front desk for all his hospitality!

The hotel: the public areas are well kept and clean. Our room was spacious and very nicely furnished. The bathroom is luxurious. It had a deep soaking tub (which I actually used) and a huge glass enclosed shower w a wonderful rainfall shower head.

The hotel is located in a great area surrounded by shops and nice restaurants. It is also a short walk to Michigan Avenue shops as well.

Sable restaurant: a great place to dine. Good energy, fun servers, tasty food and a huge selection of unusual, hand crafted cocktails.

My experience at the Hotel Palomar was outstanding! I will certainly return!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robb111962
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Robb111962,

Thank you very much for your comments and review here. Congratulations on your recent marriage! We greatly appreciate your choice to stay with us for such a special occasion, and we hope to see you and yours again real soon!

Best,

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

From the moment of my arrival until the time of my departure, I found the service to be incredibly friendly and professional. The staff goes over and above to provide extraordinary customer service. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean and very well located. It is an easy walk to the Magnificent Mile and several fun restaurants right near the hotel. The staff at the Palomar truly seem to enjoy their jobs taking excellent care of their customers.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Lisa C,

We would like to offer our gratitude and appreciation for your kind words and I am happy to hear that you were treated very well by our team! Please know that we most certainly do enjoy our jobs taking care of our customers and we look forward to your return visit!

Kind regards,

AGM Palomar Chicago

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Was not sure what to expect but other reviews were decent so I decided to give it a try. Hotel lobby is ok, without an attached bar but there is a nice one next door. Room was actually larger than i thought it would be with best shower head ever! The location is great. Wine happy hour pretty cool too. I'll stay here again. I'm usually a more luxury type person when it comes to chicago hotels but I'm giving the boutique hotels a chance. Glad that I have!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear tim p,

Thank you for your review and I thank you for giving us a try at the Palomar. Glad that you enjoyed our hotel, specifically the shower head in your bathroom! Thanks for giving us boutique hotels a chance, and we look forward to your return.

Kind regards,