Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Kinzie Hotel(Chicago)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
2,854 results
All reviewswine hoursable restaurantwine receptionanimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga matrooftop terracefloor to ceiling windowsnorth areafront desk staffindoor poolone bedroom suitetop floorthe rivercorner roomstate streetmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to book this room on short notice. This weekend was especially busy in the city ( Lolla '14). It was clean and spacious. We enjoyed the location as well being in the middle of the action. We don't stay downtown a lot, but the Palomar was worth it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Amie L,

We appreciate your review and kind comments. Happy to know that you enjoyed your visit and I wish you a wonderful remainder of the Summer season.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful decor, well located, friendly staff that goes out if their way for you, reasonably priced, complimentary cocktails in the lobby every evening is fun, whatever you need they have it or will find it for you. They even put a yoga mat in our room!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear joanne p,

Thank you for your note and recommendations of our Hotel Palomar and your recent visit! Glad to hear you enjoyed the yoga mat and that your overall stay was pleasant and memorable. We look forward to your return visit!

Best,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We got a reasonably good deal on this hotel thru one of the websites. There were a lot of decent deals out there at other comperable hotels, so I am not sure this was any better than the other guys.

It is a great location, just a short walk to the river and the heart of mag mile. The room was nice: current decor, plenty big enough. Sheets were comfy. There was not much in the way of an information book. Very nice water pressure in the shower. That matters for some doesn't mean anything for others; you know who you are.

Kimpton does have a nice Happy Hour from 5 to 6 if you happen to be around for that. That is worth something. Don't know anything about the restaurant because there are thousands of other places to try. Pool was very standard, so was mini-fitness center.

Personally, if the deal was the same I would book it again but if there was something else out there at the same price for roughly the same location I would probably try that first.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCPaul1

Dear DCPaul1,

I thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit with us. I do appreciate your giving us a try here at the Palomar, and although it does not sound like you would, I do hope that you would consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to welcome you back. I wish you safe travels always, and a wonderful remainder of the Summer season.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my second trip to Chicago. This hotel was amazing. I signed up for their rewards program (just by entering my email) and they ask you all sorts of questions about what makes you happy when you stay. I asked for a high floor, they put me on their top floor! They asked me all sorts of questions that I didn't even know existed- for example what kind of pillow I wanted? Each room came with a yoga mat, they even do running with the manager once a week! The pool was on the roof (I didn't use it but it was a pretty cool view). The customer service was incredible. I had an early morning meeting and needed a good breakfast. I asked them to deliver the breakfast to me at 7am because I had to leave at 7:30am (keeping in mind that the earliest they claimed to deliver was 7:30am). The food, to my surprise, was delivered by 6:58am! Way exceeding my expectations and the breakfast was actually really good. Overall awesome experience. Awesome location- I stayed for 3 nights and spent each night just walking around the hotel because there were so many shops and restaurants around it was fun to see everything. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda D
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Amanda D,

Thank you for such a wonderful review and I am very happy to know that you enjoyed all things Kimpton, during your stay! Thank you also for joining Kimpton Karma Rewards, and sharing with the community the wonderful perks and benefits to becoming a member. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Palomar Chicago, as well as any of your future Kimpton Hotel stays!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We travel a lot both for business and pleasure and I have learned to look out for Kimpton Hotels. The Palomar Chicago is just another example of why.

Kimpton Hotels are simply fun to visit. They have off-beat yet tasteful decorating and all kinds of unusual but welcome amenities.

FIrst a tip: Join their loyalty program. Theirs offer immediate benefits including free wi-fi (which is very good by the way) and a "raid the bar" coupon when you show up entitling you to essentially a free drink at the bar or from the minibar in your room. Even if you don't, they have a wine cocktail hour around 5:00 which is not only nice but also a way to meet other guests (or not, depending on your likes).

We were upgraded to a suite on arrival. It was a true suite with separate bedroom and living room areas. The decorating throughout the hotel was both a little off-beat and tasteful and featured many images from the "White CIty" world's fair in the 1890s.

They don't have coffee in your room, but they do have free coffee and several kinds of tea and three or four different newspapers in the comfortable lounge. You can enjoy a quiet cup in the lounge or take it back to your room.

The staff was warm and welcoming.

The location is about two blocks from Michigan Avenue (the "Magnificent Mile") and in addition to the very nice Sable restaurant attached to the hotel there are many nice offerings in the area. If you take the train, there is a red line station almost catty-corner from the hotel.

The Palomar is a terrific choice in Chicago. If it's full, take a look at the Monaco, about a 5-minute walk away, which is also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ElaineAndGreg
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear ElaineAndGreg,

Thank you so much for this detailed account of your visit, and your overall recommendation of ours, and all Kimpton Hotels. We are very grateful for such wonderful descriptions and suggestions for other travelers seeking boutique hotels like ours. One quick note to add on your comments regarding our coffee service - we actually do offer Keurig Coffee Makers upon request for our guest rooms - so keep that in mind if you would also like to have service in your room! Again, your comments and notes are well-received and we hope to see you again for your next visit to Chicago. And I must agree, our Hotel Monaco here in the city is also an excellent choice!

Kind regards,