“A great address while in Chicago”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Ranked #12 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lugano, Switzerland
“A great address while in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I was very well impressed from this Kimpton property. Looking for an accommodation during my recent Chicago visit I opted, with high expectations, for the Palomar also due to the previous reports. Well done guys!
Although from the outside the entrance is quite small and mostly busy with cars, as soon as you step inside you can feel a welcome calm. The sitting room, where the wine hour is hold as well as where tea and coffee is offered in the morning, is very well appointed and offers you a cosy place to relax or meet people. The front office staff is always smiling and ready to help. The room I had was just fantastic: it had a carpeted floor, it was big, bright, well soundproofed, nicely decorated and clean.
A funny touch was the bathrobes designed after a pet subject as well as a very much useful short umbrella that fits in all purses, backpack and travel bags.
The maid did a great job everyday, the Internet connection was solid throughout my stay day and night and the mini-bar was stocked to make your break a special one.
The bathroom was on marble providing Etro amenities and the shower had always a nice waterpower even during the morning *rush hour*.
The corridors are nicely decorated and the terrace on the last floor provides a corner for relaxation with a nice view over the city. The nearby swimming pool is just great for a tonic swim and although there is no a Spa, it looks like you can book Spa Services within the comfort of your room: I didn’t find much of infos about that though. The in-house Sable restaurant provides the room service and the breakfast buffet is also hold within its premises with a nice variety of cold and hot food. During the weekend a brunch replaces the buffet.
Without doubt I will be staying at the Palomar again if in town and I am more then confident to suggest this hotel to anyone for a great stay. 9 stars out of 10!

Room Tip: room x14, x15, x16 are close to the elevator. No big deal with the noise level but of course the hig...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear STEVE-CH-l,

What a wonderful, detailed, and generous recap of your recent vist with us here at the Palomar. I love when our guests are able to utilize most, if not all of our services, and enjoy our fun perks like the bathrobes. Certainly sounds like you and your family were very comfortable in your room, as well as throughout the hotel. Finally, I thank you, sincerely, for your plans to stay with us again the next time you are in town. We will be happy to welcome you back!

Best wishes,

AGM - Palomar Chicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I was with my daughter in the hotel a couple of days.it was the first time in Chicago. We were so excited. Everyone was friendly and helpful especially Mark. Room was stylish, nice, clean and bed is comfortable. We love the swimming pool on the 20 th floor. Highly recommended this hotel if you are in Chicago. delicious tea and coffee in the hall. Easy access to everything in downtown. good neighborhood. there is opposite a good mexican restaurant. Nice people, nice place!
Thank you very much the effort for the staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank orosz-ildiko
Dear orosz-ildiko,

We are so happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time on your first visit to Chicago! And thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hotel Palomar. We certainly hope to see you again, and I wish you a wonderful Summer/Fall season.

Best regards,

Saint-Malo, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have just spent a week at the Palomar hotel whilst in Chicago. I cannot praise the hotel highly enough. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The room was great. I cannot fault the hotel in any way. I wish all the staff well for the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul187104
Dear Paul187104,

I thank you kindly for your gracious review and comments. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest, and we also wish you and your family very well! We hope to see you again someday soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past two months and will go back. The food from room service is great and the staff are professional and courteous. The hotel lounge offers a very nice selection of appetizers and main dishes and great wine and liquor. Being located in the downtown area, it's a good location to stay at.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Brook B,

Thank you for your review and we do appreciate your kind words and recommendation of our hotel. And of course, I thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you very soon for your third visit. If there is anything at all that we can do to make your future stays that much better, please let us know!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We only spent 1 night but it was fantastic. The hotel is in a perfect location with many lovely amenties. Our room had a great view and a very comfortable bed. It has easy access to Union Station, perfect for us since my daughter came in by train!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear JaniceG2,

I thank you for your kind review and your business! We appreciate your feedback and praise and we do look forward to welcoming you back.

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here at the end of Aug, 2014 . The location is perfect. Walking distance to everything we wanted to do, and many great eateries. Everyone from the front desk to the door staff were friendly, helpful, and very accommodating! We arrived 2 hours early, and check in was no problem at all. They also held our luggage for a few hours after we checked out. The room was comfortable, tastefully decorated and completely spotless, which is a huge concern of mine (I've been known to bring my own sheets with me on vacation...) The place was squeaky clean. Enjoyed the wine reception in the afternoon! Completely satisfied with our experience. Will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear V G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review. We are happy to know that all went very well with your visit, and that you did not have to bring your own sheets to our hotel! I thank you for your business and we certainly look forward to your return!

Best regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

There are so many positives about my experience with Palomar Chicago -- I just don't know where to start. Everyone we interacted with was friendly and professional, especially Colin at the front desk. I highly recommend this hotel and will most certainly be staying there again. Just to list a few highlights and perks....

LOCATION: Central Walk-able Location. 5 min - Magnificent Mile (Shopping) 10-15 min - The Art Institute of Chicago & Millennium Park. Also, there are so many restaurant options to choose from within 2 minutes of walking -- of course, after you dine in-house at Sable, it's a must!
[ See review ]

CLEAN: I know this might sound disgusting but even in the finest of fine hotels -- you may just find a stray hair, dust or mirror streaks. I was amazingly impressed for a dog friendly hotel not to find one hair, dust flake or hint of it being a "pet " room. I mean this room was extremely clean!

OUTLETS: Yes, this is a highlight for me. This might seem ridiculous but there has been one too many times I've had to unplug to plug in my chargers. Well, there is no shortage of electrical outlets here! Multiple charge station on the desk and many wall outlets, plus bedside station. I love it.... so many options.

SPECIAL AMENITIES: Yoga Mat. It's so nice to not travel with one when there's one waiting for you in your room. Also, I bet there are many of guests who missed the "Sound Machine" option on their clock. I'm use to city noise but if you need to muffle some of the fire trucks that go by, try turning on a soothing sound on your clock.

PET FRIENDLY: I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for your stay in Chicago. The staff seemed to love dogs (of all sizes). But truly, the biggest perk… there's NO FEE! No deposit fee, No cleaning fee, No daily fee. No Fee! Your dog is just another guest in the room with you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMPalChi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear 1CPY,

Your review is so gracious, detailed, informative, and appreciated! that I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased to know that you truly enjoyed your visit and everything we have to offer here at the Palomar. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and we certainly hope to see you again very soon.