“Istanbul in Chicago”
Review of Turquoise Cafe

Turquoise Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #795 of 9,761 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Roscoe Village
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Since returning to Chicago after a wonderful visit to Turkey, I've been to Turquoise three times, for lunch, dinner with a friend, and with a group. The food is fabulous, the bread very tasty, and the lamb just out of this world. It seems that I'm working my way through the menu. It's a bit American(women servers), but enough flavors and aromas to transport you to Sultanahmet. At the Chicago Turkish Cultural exchange, Turquoise was recommended to me by a Turk who was spot on as just wonderful. Try it, you'll like it. Be patient, everything is made to order. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, good.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We visited Turkey a few years ago and since then we have been searching in vain for genuine Turkish food. That search ended last night at Turquoise.

Our Saturday night visit began with a warm greeting at the door. We were immediately struck by the wonderful smells of Turkish food...we could tell this place had promise! After being seated our waiter came to our table to serve us water and to take our order for raki. In the meantime, fresh warm bread with a dip appeared on our table. It was perfection...and we hadn't even ordered food yet!

We started our meal with mussels and patlican salatisi (smoked eggplant on flatbread). Both were excellent and this morning I'm wishing we had brought home the leftover broth from the mussels!

For our meals, I chose the Yogurt Kebaps and she chose the Manti. My dish was lamb kebaps with yogurt over pide...delicious! Hers was veal-stuffed tortellini in yogurt with a chili/tomato sauce on top. So yum!!! We always have a contest as to who got the best meal...in this case it was a tie!

The prices are reasonable, the service is excellent, the food is superb!

This was a truly wonderful experience and we can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Tried going to dinner here and despite the fact that their website says they close at 11 pm on Thursdays and that we arrived at 9:50, we were ignored by 3 employees while waiting at the door until exactly 10:00 and told that they are now closed. Way to turn away new business. Never coming back.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I would only recommend going here if you want to be treated rudely at the door. I arrived at 9:45 was left waiting for a table for 20 minutes even though there were many open and then at 10:05 rudely told the kitchen was closed and that they didn't want my business. I can't speak on the food but the staff and service are the worst I've seen.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Website posts hours until 11pm then employees ignore us for 5 minutes at door at 10 pm When we try to ask them where to sit we are told kitchen is closed.