“Returning custom is sad to leave!”

Manilow Suites at The Grand Plaza
Missoula, Montana
“Returning custom is sad to leave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

A second contract in Chicago naturally led me to another stay with Manilow at the GP. As this contract comes to an end, I am regretfully leaving again and heading to Atlanta where a myriad of Hiltons and Marriotts await. If I am ever so lucky to get another Chicago assignment, I will surely be giving Sarah and crew a call. They are flexible, accommodating and have taken such great care of the residence. Recently, they installed RCN cable with Tivo and HDTV. They respond to requests quickly and professionally including changes in departure, billing entities, and general questions. I would highly recommend Manilow Suites!

Room Tip: I was on the 30th floor and had a great view. Occasionally I could hear neighbors.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I needed a furnished apartment in Chicago for a month for an extended business trip. A friend of mine told me that Grand Plaza in River North is the best place in town and it sure is. When I called Manilow to reserve an apartment I was greeted in a very professional and pleasant way. They offered me a junior one bedroom on the 23rd floor of the Grand Plaza with a terrace and a great view of the surrounding towers.

The place was spotless when I arrived. Spacious (700 Sq ft) with lots of closet space. Even a walk-in closet. The furniture is of very good quality and the kitchen and bathroom are equipped with all what you can think of. I asked for an upgrade of the Internet speed ( I needed 5MPS) and got it. The maid service is once a week and they do a great job.

Manilow is a woman owned and operated property management company. And you can certainly see and feel the woman's touch in the way the apartment is setup. Go Manilow! and Go Grand plaza!

Room Tip: Manilow told me that all the apartments they rent are above the 20th floor. This was my case as my...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I used the Grand Plaza as a temporary residence as I moved into Chicago. Everything exceeded my expectations. The staff at Manilow Suites are exceptional and were incredibly helpful in setting up my stay. My wife and son were comfortable in the place and loved the location. The doormen are very polite and helpful. We wish we could have stayed their longer.

I highly recommend the Grand Plaza for a number of reason. -- The location is outstanding (Close to restaurants and shopping (Mag mile), grocery store downstairs plus Trader Joes a few blocks away, connected to the Red line).

Cons: The fire station is close and you can hear the fire trucks go by but you get used to it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RCCON
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My mother had worked with this company in the past and when I needed a long term rental in Chicago, she suggested I take my business to Manilow. I was in the Grand Plaza in a comfortable Junior 1 bedroom. It was everything I needed and in a great location. The room wasn't ready in time for expected move in date - so Sarah W. arranged for me to stay at another property in the loop until the painting and cleaning was finished. Prompt personal service occurred whenever I requested anything or had a question. I felt a little bit like a diva - but I believe they aim to please The rest of the staff at Manilow (Stephanie and Yvonne) were also helpful with communications and minor questions that arose.

I plan on returning to Chicago for another project very soon and will stay in the Grand Plaza again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

This was the worst experience I have had in a hotel or any other temporary accommodations. The cleaners did not come and when they did they did not clean. Once they left the air-conditioner on for 4 days while I was out of town and then tried to charge me extra for it. It is their policy not to wash dishes. The television did not work, the towels were returned dirty and worst of all when I tried to complain the staff, including Rosie form operation said that there was nothing they could do. The telephone did not allow me to make outgoing calls. The list continues. I can't believe my company paid over $2800 for me to stay here. It was so exhausting to come home from a hard day of working to one problem after another, with no remorse or compensation from the management.

Do not stay here

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Sunny03261000
ManilowSuites, Owner at Manilow Suites at The Grand Plaza, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
After over three years of this review being printed, I still am deeply saddened. Saddened because, for the most part, how can one possibly defend themselves?
For 34 years, Manilow Suites has been over and above all other corporate housing companies in Chicago providing the finest services amenities, quality and value. I am so proud of the company, I have developed as well as the most exceptional staff anyone could ever hope for.
I am deeply saddened for the young lady who wrote such blasphemy. The poor girl was under enormous stress working over 80 hours a week. I also discovered she was let go from the company within months of her review.
I am so appreciative and grateful to the thousands of people throughout the years who have enjoyed staying with Manilow Suites and their kind words have only given us greater drive and initiative to be the best today, and even better tomorrow. Thank you to those wonderful people.
Francine Manilow
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

I stayed at the Grand Plaza for a business conference in Chicago and everything exceeded my expectations. The staff at Manilow Suites are exceptional and were incredibly helpful in setting up my stay. I travel at least three times a month and it was so refreshing to deal with pleasant people and to stay in a place of my own as opposed to a sterile motel. I will recommend Manilow to anyone traveling to the Chicago area- for business or for pleasure. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank riley201
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

I highly recommend the Manilow Suites for a number of reason.
-- The location is outstanding (grocery store downstairs, mag mile 3 short blocks, NAvy Peri 7 blocks)
-- Personal service you'll never find with a large chain
-- World-class fitness center
-- and most important...per friendly!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business