“Not Bad, a bit pricey.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brandywine, Maryland
“Not Bad, a bit pricey.”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

12th floor is where the Upgrades are. Also where the Platinum Lounge is. 12th floor is good as long as they are not renovating (construction) above it. Then it gets noisy and sleep is difficult. Great location for daytime walks around city. Great for nighttime as its just across from the W on Adams and that place jumps at night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you, and apologies for the noise disruption. As we share our historic building with some offices above, sometimes we can’t control every aspect of your stay but thankful overall you had a pleasant experience. Fortunately the demolition phase of their project is completed and going forward it won’t be a distraction for future guests. And while our Lobby Lounge also draws the after work crowd, we’re appreciative our neighbors across the street were able to provide some more active night life during your visit. We do however hope our staff and accommodations will be the key driver in having you as our guest again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Washington DC
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Location: Perfect for me.

--Check in: The best part of the whole stay. Check in and Check out were phenomenal, thanks to 2 great employees who I promised to recognize but now forgot one of their names! One was Barrett---he was check out. The gentlemen who checked me in was terrific but I forgot his name---can someone check. The night of the 17th of December. As you face the front desk, he was at far right end. Would have been between 9-10.30pm.

----Lobby: nice.

---Gift Shop-NA

---Elevators: Fine

---Room: Perfect. Two queens. Clean and neat

Desk: Fine

Bathroom: Fine. A bit small, but served its purpose

Food: ordered from Papa Johns. WHICH TOOK FOREVER!!!

Room Service: did not use.

HVAC: Air conditioning worked like a charm. Perfect

TV: FINE

Housekeeping: Not there long enough to experience.

Technology: No problems at all with wifi. Seamless and easy

Bed: comfortable and well appointed

Amenities: All there. Soap Shampoo. Nothing out of the ordinary

Mini Bar: Could not open.

Cost: Went through Southwest Airlines site and got a $149 rate. Unheard of for a JW!

Parking: Will cost you at least 18 bucks a day

Final thoughts: Pleasant enough. Comfortable stay. Would definitely stay there again. Very Pleased

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you, we hope in the future we may be able to have you stay a little longer!
Our associates are what set us apart, and we’re appreciative of guests like yourself who take the time to recognize them in a public forum. While we consider all of our Front Desk agents to be stellar, have determined that along with Barrett, Kevin was the young man who was able to see you had a positive interaction.
Thanks also for the detailed review; we hope your insight will persuade other visitors to Chicago to experience the JW Marriott and the new benchmark of Luxury in the Midwest.
USA
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed here for one night in early December, 2013 for a business meeting the next day. Our group had reserved a block of rooms. The only drawback was not earning Marriott points because of the group booking. The hotel itself was 5 star all the way. Gorgeous lobby and Christmas tree. Spacious, clean King room with exceptionally comfortable bed, luxurious bathroom including oversize bathtub and excellent work space and lighting. The lighting is noteworthy as so many hotels tend to skimp there. The view, as others have noted, was nothing to write home about but the room was so comfortable and nicely appointed. Internet in room is not free but the lobby and public areas do have free wifi. I didn't avail myself of the snack bar but noted it was typically big-city pricey. Had dinner at Zoup! across the street and a couple blocks walking east. All staff I encountered were friendly, professional and helpful. I had no problem leaving a meeting packet with the front desk for someone to be picked up later, and the next morning upon checking out, received excellent walking directions to our meeting location. The hotel is located near a few fast food chains such as Dunkin' donuts and McDonald's, plenty of shopping and dining within walking distance and best of all, an easy walk to Union Station. For an early morning meeting in the Loop neighborhood, this was perfect in every way.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you! We not only take great pleasure in knowing you had a memorable stay, but appreciate the sharing of your experience with fellow travelers. While Marriott enlists multiple media outlets to promote many of the same features you highlighted through TripAdvisor, savvy visitors are more likely to trust your review over what a marketing department might promote. Again, thank you, we are grateful for the positive remarks and more importantly hope to have you as our guest again soon.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Good location. It's worth noting that during my stay this hotel had the best pricing of any of its nearby competitors. I thought, as a result, I'd get less-the-stellar service and/or the amenities (gym, etc.) would be subpar. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed a spacious and comfortable room and a large and clean gym. The service was good overall.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AnnFran20
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you, considerable research went into the decision to build a luxury tier hotel in Chicago’s Financial District, your review helped validate the need, and fortunately our pricing gave you the opportunity to experience our hotel. We’re delighted you had a pleasant experience; and even more so that our associates delivered a level of service one should expect from Marriott. We hope we will get the chance to be your host hotel again during your next visit to Chicago.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Beautifully appointed rooms. Awesome customer service. Great bar and even happy hour prices on drinks and appetizers. Pre-ordered in room breakfast was right on time and very delicious. And the bathroom! It was like being at some very expensive spa! I stay here every time I am in Chicago!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
“Elegance”, will be hard to top that! Thank you, we will incorporate that into our vocabulary as it speaks volumes as to the nature of your experience. We’re happy you’ve made us your hotel of choice in Chicago, and value your continued patronage. We hope our relationship will continue many years into the future and that we will always be able to deliver the type of service you have now come to expect. Happy Holidays, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I spent four nights at the property in October this year for business. My first impression was provided by a staff member, who seeing me pulling my bag into the lobby met me at the door and escorted me to a kiosk where I could check in. As a Marriott Rewards member I had a keycard in my hand and was headed to the elevator within three minutes. My room was huge, with a monster flat screen TV, something which always catches my attention. There was a panel near the desk with a variety of plug-ins to the TV for my laptop. So I streamed a NetFlix movie the first night, watching it on the big screen. The rest of the stay was all about service. People were always asking, "Do you need directions?" or "Everything ok with your room?" They seemed to really care for my well being, something you don't often see especially in a big city hotel. And even though this is the "top of the line" for Marriott, I didn't find room service too expensive, and breakfast was also affordable. The location, at least for me, was also excellent, as it was a one-block walk to the Willis Tower where I attended a conference. The bottom line is I had no complaints whatsoever, other than due to the business nature of my trip I didn't get to spend enough time in the room!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Perfect, the leadership team here at the JW Marriott has enjoyed reading your comments about your stay.
From our unique location to the room amenities, our intent has always been to fill a need for a luxury tier hotel in the heart of Chicago’s Financial District, your review was an affirmation that we may have succeeded. It is however our associates who have the hospitality expertise and we couldn’t be more proud of them and the public recognition made by guests like yourself in this forum which makes it all worthwhile.
We hope on your next visit you’ll have some additional down time to unwind in the room as you desired, and perhaps let us do some additional pampering to ensure your stay continues to be exceptional.
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at this property for business in May and have only positive things to say. The location was ideal for me - very close to my events and the clients I was meeting. The room itself was lovely, clean, and spacious. The bathroom was gorgeous, and the large soaking tub was wonderful. The staff here were all extremely polite and helpful, and my billing was set up correctly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KCC22
Thank you! We appreciate the great review and happy to hear the accommodations met your needs. We pride ourselves both in our unique location and new standard for luxury in Chicago’s Loop, however our associates who interact with the guests, clean and maintain the rooms, and prepare and deliver your meals are honestly what set us apart. Thank you for the positive review and sharing your experience with other travelers, we hope to see you again soon.