“Warm & Welcoming”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Traverse City, Michigan
“Warm & Welcoming”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a wonderful staff! During the entire stay, they bent over backward to make sure that we were comfortable and well taken care of. Smiles for miles, every time I needed anything...from directions around town, to more grapefruit juice. Superb group of people.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you, we value our Senior Contributor’s reviews, even more so when they publicly recognize our outstanding associates. The Marriott mantra has always been care of your employees and they in turn will take care of your guests; fortunately for us our top notch staff are the market leaders in delivering hospitable service uncommon in an urban market, but reflective of their Midwestern roots. We hope you will venture in from Michigan again soon for a repeat performance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I tagged along with my boyfriend for a business trip April 25th & 26th. We arrived early, around 10:30 and just by chance asked if our room was available. We were able to get a room with two double beds, but who cares; it was 10:30 AM. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean.
We ventured out to pick up a few items to snack on and returned to put them in the mini fridge. After I removed the items, by boyfriend noticed the shelves were precisely marked and he read, once an item is removed, they automatically charge the room for them. Oh great, I thought, so I immediately called the front desk to tell them of our error and we did not eat/drink anything. They said no problem; we'll take it off the bill. Then they asked, "would you like us to send a refrigerator up to your room?" I was like, heck yeah.
While my boyfriend was in his business meetings, I stayed in the room and this did not pose a problem for housekeeping. I just had the sign on the door and I was not disturbed. Once he finished his meeting, we ventured out and came back to a nice clean room.
On the day of our departure, we had a late flight, so we asked for a late checkout. 2:00, can you believe that? I was so delighted with this hotel, I just had to share.

Room Tip: Check the mini bar to be sure it's not automated. I'll do that everywhere I go now.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Barbara Z
Delighted to hear we could accommodate your early check-in and late departure and everything went smoothly with your stay. Feel free to tag along with your boyfriend on his next trip, and maybe steal some personal time for yourself in our spa. Readers also appreciate your helpful travel tips too, so please keep sharing your reviews and experiences with TripAdvisor readers, it helps both them and the hotels keep everything running smoothly.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I only had a chance to stay for 1 night but wished it could have been longer. The upgraded 1 bedroom suite with a huge bathroom was a pleasant treat. The gym and pool were very nice too. Will look to visit again soon.

• Stayed May 2014
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you, we are grateful when a Senior Contributor submits a review, and even more so when they give us such high marks. We are fortunate to have local travelers looking to spend a night away from home in a world class city without having to travel great distances. We too look forward to your next visit, and hope it’s the first of many well into the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 May 2014

JW Marriott Chicago is a classy, upscale hotel in the heart of downtown Chicago. This was my first time at a JW and I wish I could have stayed longer than the one night I stayed in February 2014. The rooms are very well appointed and exceptionally clean. Take a look at my pictures, you can see for yourself, it’s pretty nice!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, of course we wish you could have stayed longer too, and as you experienced Chicago during an unusually cold winter, perhaps the opportunity to have you return and explore this amazing city in warmer weather will avail itself soon.
While our Reception team and associates with direct guest interaction may deliver outstanding service, our Housekeeping and Engineering teams are equally dedicated to seeing every guest stay is memorable, and the credit for the condition of the rooms is all theirs. Thank you again for the positive review, you will always be welcome at the JW Marriot Chicago.
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The service is top notch here. As soon as I got out of the taxi, I was greeted with the gentleman who already had my bags. He asked me for my name and the front desk had already started my check in process. The staff there are beyond kind and helpful. The rooms are very clean and they are for sure keeping up the JW Marriott name.
The location is amazing. Right in the heart of the loop. You're a 5 minute walk to the cloud gate and maybe 15 minute walk from the magnificent mile.
If you're in the Chicago area, stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Yes! While we are proud of our location and being the only luxury hotel in Chicago’s Loop, it is our staff who continues to elevate the JW Marriott Chicago as the standard bearer for service excellence in the Midwest. We appreciate the positive review, and hope your journeys will allow bring you back to the Chicago area again soon.
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was my third stay at this property, and there's a reason why I keep coming back. This time I stayed for two nights. Check-in staff was extremely helpful. I reserved a king-bed room, but when I checked-in, I was given the 1-bedroom suite (which was huge by the way). Very nice! Being a Gold Elite member, I was provided access to the Executive Lounge (located on the 12th floor). Food was very decent with complimentary beverages (alcoholic included).

You cannot beat the location if you are heading to the financial district: on the same block as the Chicago Fed and within two blocks from CME Group (formerly CBOT). Transportation is very convenient: the "L" train from either Midway or O'Hare; taxicabs are abundant in downtown.

I enjoyed my stay very much. Will definitely return again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, it appears the 3rd time might be the charm. Appreciate the continuing support and dedication to our hotel, and especially your traveler driven recommendations. Although we’re able to extol the virtues of our location through our website or social media, the guest who has completed the journey not once but multiple times is a much better spokesperson. Our challenge is to now surpass your previous visits, but I’m confident our excellent associates will come up with something to exceed your ever increasing expectations. Thanks again, looking forward to seeing you soon.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My best stay in US so far. The location cannot get better than this. It is in Downtown Chicago in walking distance from several tourist attractions including the Sky Deck on Sears tower and several good places to eat. Just a block from the metro station.

The room was good the usual Marriott style but what was exceptional was the Bathroom. It is so spacious with 3 different cubicles and a large bath tub!!!

Loved my stay here and will definitely recommend. Did not find any negatives...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
धन्यवाद! From a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor, for us to have received such a complimentary review is greatly appreciated. Not to disparage the competition, but time and time again our guests have commented on our larger bathrooms. Hopefully we’re at the forefront of this trend, and other luxury hotels will incorporate this into their new construction or renovations. We are glad your visit to the States was enjoyable, and would be delighted to have you as our guest again during your next stay in Chicago.