JW Marriott Chicago
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$532
US$247
US$231
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$234
  • Breakfast included
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$253
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$161
1,558 results
All reviewsthe financial districtthe executive loungewillis towerthe loopsoaking tubseparate showerlobby barbeautiful hotelhuge bathroomhotel gymbeautiful lobbyart museumunion stationbusiness meetingking roomfitness centerchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a wonderful staff! During the entire stay, they bent over backward to make sure that we were comfortable and well taken care of. Smiles for miles, every time I needed anything...from directions around town, to more grapefruit juice. Superb group of people.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you, we value our Senior Contributor’s reviews, even more so when they publicly recognize our outstanding associates. The Marriott mantra has always been care of your employees and they in turn will take care of your guests; fortunately for us our top notch staff are the market leaders in delivering hospitable service uncommon in an urban market, but reflective of their Midwestern roots. We hope you will venture in from Michigan again soon for a repeat performance.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I tagged along with my boyfriend for a business trip April 25th & 26th. We arrived early, around 10:30 and just by chance asked if our room was available. We were able to get a room with two double beds, but who cares; it was 10:30 AM. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean.
We ventured out to pick up a few items to snack on and returned to put them in the mini fridge. After I removed the items, by boyfriend noticed the shelves were precisely marked and he read, once an item is removed, they automatically charge the room for them. Oh great, I thought, so I immediately called the front desk to tell them of our error and we did not eat/drink anything. They said no problem; we'll take it off the bill. Then they asked, "would you like us to send a refrigerator up to your room?" I was like, heck yeah.
While my boyfriend was in his business meetings, I stayed in the room and this did not pose a problem for housekeeping. I just had the sign on the door and I was not disturbed. Once he finished his meeting, we ventured out and came back to a nice clean room.
On the day of our departure, we had a late flight, so we asked for a late checkout. 2:00, can you believe that? I was so delighted with this hotel, I just had to share.

Room Tip: Check the mini bar to be sure it's not automated. I'll do that everywhere I go now.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara Z

Delighted to hear we could accommodate your early check-in and late departure and everything went smoothly with your stay. Feel free to tag along with your boyfriend on his next trip, and maybe steal some personal time for yourself in our spa. Readers also appreciate your helpful travel tips too, so please keep sharing your reviews and experiences with TripAdvisor readers, it helps both them and the hotels keep everything running smoothly.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I only had a chance to stay for 1 night but wished it could have been longer. The upgraded 1 bedroom suite with a huge bathroom was a pleasant treat. The gym and pool were very nice too. Will look to visit again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014
Don L, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you, we are grateful when a Senior Contributor submits a review, and even more so when they give us such high marks. We are fortunate to have local travelers looking to spend a night away from home in a world class city without having to travel great distances. We too look forward to your next visit, and hope it’s the first of many well into the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

JW Marriott Chicago is a classy, upscale hotel in the heart of downtown Chicago. This was my first time at a JW and I wish I could have stayed longer than the one night I stayed in February 2014. The rooms are very well appointed and exceptionally clean. Take a look at my pictures, you can see for yourself, it’s pretty nice!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you, of course we wish you could have stayed longer too, and as you experienced Chicago during an unusually cold winter, perhaps the opportunity to have you return and explore this amazing city in warmer weather will avail itself soon.
While our Reception team and associates with direct guest interaction may deliver outstanding service, our Housekeeping and Engineering teams are equally dedicated to seeing every guest stay is memorable, and the credit for the condition of the rooms is all theirs. Thank you again for the positive review, you will always be welcome at the JW Marriot Chicago.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The service is top notch here. As soon as I got out of the taxi, I was greeted with the gentleman who already had my bags. He asked me for my name and the front desk had already started my check in process. The staff there are beyond kind and helpful. The rooms are very clean and they are for sure keeping up the JW Marriott name.
The location is amazing. Right in the heart of the loop. You're a 5 minute walk to the cloud gate and maybe 15 minute walk from the magnificent mile.
If you're in the Chicago area, stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Yes! While we are proud of our location and being the only luxury hotel in Chicago’s Loop, it is our staff who continues to elevate the JW Marriott Chicago as the standard bearer for service excellence in the Midwest. We appreciate the positive review, and hope your journeys will allow bring you back to the Chicago area again soon.