“Evening Photos”

Chicago Photo Safaris
Reviewed 29 September 2013

A couple emails and phone calls and the evening photo tour was set. I only had a few hours and y guide, Gary was very helpful. He took me to a couple spots along Millennium Park, Navy Pier, North Avenue Beach and out to the aquarium to shoot a great pano of the skyline.

Gary was a little helpful in teaching me a technique that I will try at a later time. I do look forward to taking another tour with the Photo Safari Network.

2  Thank Firewallphotography

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Visiting Chicago in December of 2012, I decided to check out some activities that would combine two of my favorite things - Chicago and photography. The safari I went on was the Lincoln Park Zoo. The Zoo was lit up for Christmas and it was beautiful!
Our guide was fantastic! She knew her stuff and was very patient with the entire group. We learned how to take new shots, use our cameras in ways we had not before, and get ideas giving our photos and different feel and flare.

A few things to keep in mind when going on one of these safaris:
- Be sure to bring your tripod. Not all shots require it, but it will come in handy for several
- Have something to take notes on, even if it's the note or memo function on your phone or start an email. A cheat sheet will be given to you, I just find it helpful to put things in my own words!

This is a great way to pend 3 hours in a great city. Whether you do this safari or another, it is worth the time and money!

1  Thank Amy I
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We took this tour over Memorial Day. Dominique was our photo instructor. This is a perfect tour. We booked a day tour of Millenium Park. The tour not only tok us around the park but also gave us many new skills on how to use our cameras. We had SLR digital and the small usual camera that tourists carry. Dominique took the time with each of us to make sure we learned the concepts and also learned how to use our camera on settings other than automatic. The skills I learned have been put to good use in other photo situations. Loved the tour and the course. Besides the Architure tour would recommend this or the night tours to any one--high tech or low tech cameras--you can learn something new!

4  Thank 2travelisgreat
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My first review ever on here, and I'm glad to be writing about this company! These folks are very well organized from Estephanie replying to my numerous emails and queries, to Jori with whom I had the pleasure of spending practically the whole day learning to use my camera.

Now I know a go-to company for my next trip to Chicago! Thanks Jori for making photography less boggling! You're not just a pretty face!

David the driver was indispensible! He saved my poor aching feet and he was courteous and kind even while negotiating through crazy Chicago traffic!

2  Thank mrbean1967
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I had the pleasure of going on a Chicago Photo Safari July 16th. I would highly recommend it! Jessica was the photographer that took me on a tour of downtown Chicago. Unfortunately it was one the most hotest days in Chicago history, but Jessica kept me going. The air conditioned van was waiting for us when we were done with the shots. Her expertise will help me in my photography quest. This is a great idea and I will certainly do it again when I am in Chicago.

3  Thank ginaarizona