“Excellent!!!”

State and Grand by BridgeStreet Worldwide
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The apartment is fantastic, It was really amazing, It exceeded our expectations, great location, The apartment is completly furnished in a very nice style, it has a very nice view of the city and it also has a nice kitchen and a laundry machine in the apartment, and also the people at the front desk is very nice and helpfull, we'll go back asap.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BuenosAiresRitaT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2012

There seems to be a recurring theme to this story. On the way to the airport I received an email stating that my booking from 4 months prior had been cancelled with an offer for one night only in a hotel 16 miles/1 hour away. This was totally unacceptable as I needed to be in the city centre that night. As Chicago is 6 hours behind , I could not contact them before boarding the plane. This caused panic in the airport at both ends and I ended up finding my own place after a 2 hour flight delay.
I sent them an email which they did not respond to and when I went to see them personally there was only a receptionist who took my phone number for them to call me but to no avail.
To rub salt in the wound , they sent me an email / invoice demanding payment for the complete booking as they could not action my credit card. As luck would have it !!!!!!!! , I had my wallet stolen/lost while I was in Chicago so my card was rejected. I would hate to think what would have happened if they had taken my money .What a rotten customer care system. Don't let it happen to you !!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank coz934
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Booked a two bedroom apartment for a week a couple of months ahead of time. I was devastated when we arrived to be told they had overbooked and that we were being sent to a Hilton Hotel, 1 room, they would pay the taxi fare and pay for one night at the hotel. I was absolutely taken aback - one room in a hotel was not the same thing as a two bedroom apartment. I expressed my displeasure and the fact that I had a document to say I had made a booking. The young guy at the front desk very kindly let me call one of his supervisors and I said that overbooking was not an excuse and that I had booked a two bedroom apartment and expected to be accommodated in one. She said she would call me back which she did and said they would have an apartment ready in an hour or so for two nights. I said that wasn't good enough and that once we were in the apartment we expected to stay there for the week as booked. We didn't hear anything more from anybody - we stayed the two nights then 3 etc until the week was up. It would have been nice to know that we weren't going to be evicted after two nights but very good that after the initial chaos we had a lovely week. The apartment was very comfortable, had airconditioning and was a very convenient place to stay - close to transport, good restaurants. The various young men on the front desk were delighful and very helpful and I felt sorry that they were the ones that had to deal with irate customers who had to be told that the booking people had overbooked - we were not the only ones who were told they had to go elsewhere as they had overbooked. The people who manage the bookings need to do a lot better.

Room Tip: the higher the bettter - two bedroom apartments ending in an 07 eg 2907 and one bedroom ending in 0...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Aussietraveller084
BridgeStreetApts, President of BridgeStreet Residences, Serviced Apartments and Suites at State and Grand by BridgeStreet Worldwide, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Aussietraveller084,

We value your feedback and want you to know we take guest satisfaction very seriously. We were unusually overbooked in Chicago during your visit and apologize for any inconvenience it caused. I'm glad you enjoyed your apartment and hope we have the opportunity to provide an even more enjoyable experience for you in the future.

Best Regards,

Lee Curtis | President
BridgeStreet Residences, Serviced Apartments and Suites
Santos/SP
Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

I am staying here for 4 days with my family. The apartment and the view are awesome. However we don't get any cleaning during our whole stay. This is the first time it happens to us. The rates charged could easily include (and it's needed) cleaning at least twice a week. Also front desk should be more helpful.

• Stayed June 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We booked 2 apartments for my husband and his family to stay in on a family reunion trip to Chicago. We are due to fly at 9am today and we received an email at 7.30 pm this evening saying they have overbooked and we can no longer have the apartments. We are now trying to find somewhere else to stay at 2am, the night before we fly.

This is disgusting- the manager wrote and email and then left for the day and the incompetent reception staff will not do anything to help us except offer us ONE night's stay at a hotel 16 miles out of the city centre. One of our party is seriously ill and we had booked this central location so we could meet family easily. I find this unacceptable, appalling behaviour and the lack of interest we have encounted in helping us out of a situation that IS ENTIRELY THEIR FAULT astounds me. What kind of business are they running? DO NOT TRUST THEM and make sure you book a back up if you have already booked an apartment here.

Our holiday is already spoiled as after doing 14 hours days for the last 3 weeks so we could come on holiday, we are now stressing out at 2am trying to find somewhere to stay when we land tomorrow.

Disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank A_TravellerFlorida
BridgeStreetApts, President of BridgeStreet Residences, Serviced Apartments and Suites at State and Grand by BridgeStreet Worldwide, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear A_travellerFlorida,

Thank you for your feedback . Unfortunately, that weekend we found ourselves unusually overbooked due to the number of conventions occurring in downtown Chicago. We can appreciate your frustration and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I want to assure you that we take guest satisfaction very seriously and that this is not in anyway indicative of a typical BridgeStreet experience. I hope we have the opportunity to provide a more positive guest experience for you in the future and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you directly.

Best,

Lee Curtis
President | BridgeStreet
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I have stayed here plently of times. This is the best place to stay in the city. I dont underestand why people get hotel room when they can get an apartment in a brand new building for the same price if not cheaper. The front desk team is excellent, and very friendly, especially Edith and Matt. We has a one bedroom apartment with amazing views of the city. A shower outside of the bathtub was something cool and something I have never seen.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank funkybeat85
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We have just returned from a 9 night stay in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment in Bridgestreets State and Grand apartment located above the Palamor Hotel.
We booked on Bridgestreet.com website and paid less than we were going to pay for a single hotel room.
We had 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms lounge and full kitchen including washer dryer.All the rooms had floor to ceiling windows with fantastic views over Chicago.The apartment was modern and clean with plenty of towels provided .
The staff on the front desk were always friendly and helpful and arranged a private hummer to the airport for us for the same price as a taxi.
The location is perfect for the mag mile as you just walk round the corner and cut through Nordstrom.
If you want pampering this wont be for you as there is no housekeeping but for us it was perfect and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2011