“Major fail!”

Bikes at Night Ride in Chicago
Ranked #13 of 104 Outdoor Activities in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bike and Roll Chicago offers fun, easy, and safe bike rentals and tours as well as Segway tours. In addition, Bike and Roll Chicago has a large Bike Station with showers, lockers, mechanic service, and climate-controlled bike parking.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We wanted to rent bikes at Navy Pier last Sunday so I went to the Bike and Roll web site to check the hours. The web site told me they were open till 10 pm in June so we showed up a little after 6 pm. The attendant was closing up and told me that due to ongoing construction on the Pier they didn't stay open that late anymore. And yet no one bothered to change the web site? (Which a week later is still wrong.) Nice work, guys; we won't be back.

6  Thank jeffHalifax
"great tour"
in 33 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 14 reviews
in 16 reviews
"shedd aquarium"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Took my three teenage kids and our foreign exchange student on a Segway tour of Chicago last week. It was AWESOME. We booked it through Bike and Roll Chicago and Vincent was our tour guide. He did an amazing job teaching us how to use the Segway. It is REALLY EASY!! You catch on REALLY FAST, so don't be afraid to do this. I was worried about our Japanese exchange student who has limited English. Even she had an easy time learning how to ride it. They give you plenty of instruction and you get to practice riding it on a side parking area. It truly is easy to do! Once we all finished training (maybe 20-30 mins), we were off to see the Chicago sights. We rode along the bike trail near the lake, to the shed aquarium, Soldier football field, stopped at the beach to stretch & have ice cream, Buckingham fountain....ALL the sights! MY ONLY ADVISE....IF you can, do this on a weekday afternoon & not the weekend. Weekends the lake front can be crowded and more difficult to get around. We did a 2pm tour on a Friday and it was PERFECT. If you live in Chicago, just take the train into the city. You meet at Grant Park which is easily walkable from Ogilvie or Union Station. It's a BLAST and it was the highlight of our exchange student's trip!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Segway tour was very fun and educational. Our tour guide, Pete, was awesome! It was raining and my first time on a Segway, he still made it enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was planning to take the Lincoln Park bike tour that leaves every day at 10 am. I called at 8:45 and was told the tour had been cancelled because no one was signed up. The woman I spoke to said that I should have signed up at least 24 hours in advance, but there was nothing in the description of the tour that indicated that.

2  Thank Catemaco
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sister booked the sunset segway tour from a Groupon during our 'girl's' vacation to Chicago for us -SO MUCH FUN. Roberta was an amazing instructor and I must admit I was not a very good pupil ... (my sister was fantastic!). Roberta was so very patient with all my mistakes - and we had lots of fun and laughs. Tip: take a sweatjacket for the sunset tour. Even though it may be warm when you start out - it quickly gets cool up by the lake and you're going along at a good little clip on the Segway.
Book the tour - you'll have so much fun and be glad you did !!!!