“The Flats at Loyola”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
The Flats at Loyola Station
Reviewed 21 December 2012

My one-bedroom was well appointed and beautiful. The reservation was easy to make and the services were excellent. Although I had difficulty acquiring the key, a student was made available to get it to me. The apartments are a short walk to Sheridan Road where public transportation and taxis are available. Many restaurants can be found nearby as well as a 7-Eleven and a CVS. It's a place that is easy to love,

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cattal

Reviewed 27 October 2012

The Flats are beautiful, homey, and really convenient place to stay. They are extremely clean, all the comforts of home. Gorgeous! We stayed for a wedding, and will stay the next time we are in the area. Walking distance to the L.

1  Thank Alanna B
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I just stayed at The Flats with 3 girls who were touring Loyola. It was a great choice! The apartment is great...it was clean amd roomy for 4 people. It was also very conveniently located near Loyola. It was also great to be so close to the L. This was a MUCH better option than a hotel as it had much more charm and was very comfortable. We did have trouble (as others have mentioned) with not getting immediate response to our inquiry to stay there, but once we finally connected with someone, they went above and beyond to be helpful. I would highly recommend this to anyone staying in the Chicago area!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Everything was well maintained and clean. Very convenient if you are staying for awhile as there is a washer and dryer. The kitchen was well equipped. If we needed assistance it was just a phone call away and somebody came right down. It would be my first choice if I go back.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have stayed at the Flats on several occasions and have had a great experience each time. It is the most convenient place to stay if visiting a student at Loyola. The apartments are upscale and well-appointed. It is always my first choice when visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra D
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Our family (one child) stayed here for a one week vacation. We have been to Chicago many times and were looking for an apartment or suite to enjoy a week of city living. First the pros - Competitive rates in summer. Free parking. Nice neighborhood.

Apartment is decently designed and on the newer-side. Good appliances, washer/dryer. Kitchen is stocked, but bring extra supplies if you really plan to cook. (I brought a cutting board, knife and pan.) As other reviews have mentioned, there is no dining table, just three stools at the counter. Worked for my family, but seemed strange in a two bedroom apartment. Electronics - Big TV, DVD player and Ipod doc.

The largest cons for me were dealing with the student management. I am a college professor, so I really wanted to support a college business, but reservations were unresponsive, often not answering emails for days, and I even had to argue for a refund when there was a rate change. As for the apartment itself, it could have been a lot cleaner. We are a shoes off family and our socks were black after walking around at home. It was not as clean as comparable professional hotels or vacation homes. We did run into some students on the property painting and gardening who were very friendly.

In the end, I would only return to the flats if I wanted a place to stay in that area. It is a great area, close to ethnic eateries (walking or public transport) and near the beach. But it is far from downtown and museums, and Chicago public transportation is not as fast as other cities (like NYC). Budget a half hour to get anywhere. The price, management, and cleanliness don't make up for the distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank raku
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Loved staying at the Flats! The facilities are top notch with very convenient parking, wonderful kitchen, laundry in the unit, nice sitting areas inside and out, nice sized bathroom and a home like environment. We really enjoyed the convenience of it being so close to Loyola University, the businesses in Rogers Park and public transit. As mentioned before in another review, the reservation experience is unique, but seems to work very effectively. We will stay again, for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family