“Loyal to Loyola Flats”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
The Flats at Loyola Station
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great place to stay while we were in Chicago for a Campus tour! Even though we were steps from the L we did not hear any train noises. We stayed in 401 and had all the comforts of home. Even the home theater equipment and Apple mobile device hook ups. Nice to have the out door porch to enjoy the sights n sounds. If going to campus just cross at the Loyola L station instead of walking down Sheridan Road. Giordonos Pizza delivery is awesome!

Room Tip: 401 is the top floor so really quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in unit 301, a two bed, two bath unit. The unit was clean, comfortable and fully furnished with dishes, linens, and a washer/dryer. My daughter is attending Loyola which is across the street and very convenient access to the Flats.

One problem was the room wasn't as clean as I'd like it to be. There were some crumbs in the fridge and hair in some of the linen drawers. Not a real big deal but at nearly $300 per night (incl taxes) I'd expect a little more attention to detail. However, I will stay again because of the "free" parking, amenities, and convenient location to Loyola.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I live just 3 hours away from Chicago and always prefer to stay at The Flats to avoid paying extra parking downtown. Convenient location right behind the L and right next to CVS and local restaurants on Sheridan. The only thing I complained about was the pillow.. It was a little worn out and flat. Also, the pillow on the couch had a tear on it and the safety pin didn't really help. But otherwise it's still a great place to stay and My go-to place in Chicago.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were in room 201. Very nice decor but please get someone on there to take a look. A doorknob was off a door, the roller blind for the bedroom was in the closet instead of on the window and for pete sakes. The shower curtain had on 5 flimsy plastic rings instead of 12.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had a really good time, playing with Legos in the living room, making french toast for my kids and grandkids (who live in Rogers Park) in the morning!

Recommendations to those in charge of decor and maintenance: (relevant to room 201)
1. Put some pictures on other walls than the ones behind the sofa in the living room, and the bed in the bedroom.
2. Some more pans would help cooking; like a griddle for pancakes.
3. Handle on closet door in the bedroom was broken off when we arrived; probably because some but not all of the handles have to be pulled down to open. I assume someone might have pulled down too hard when it was reluctant to open.
4. Excellent colors and design!
5. Washer and dryer are great additions!
6. Good to have a rug and hardwoods in the living room; makes playing with toys even more fun!
7. Noise from the el was not a problem at all!
8. Would be good to indicate on the parking sheet that the spots are on the first floor of the structure, immediately to the left.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My family and I are return visitors to the Flats and have enjoyed each stay. The facility is easily accessible, clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. We especially enjoy the full kitchen. This visit, however, the mattress in our one-bedroom unit was beginning to feel a bit worn, the pillows needed to be replaced, there were a few leaks in the downstairs hallway, and we noticed ripped covers on the couch cushions which were fixed with safety pins. The Flats is still a great location but doesn't have the WOW factor that it did on our first visits given these minor, and very fixable, maintenance issues.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My family and I stayed at the Flats at Loyola Station. I thought at the beginning I was at The Amazing Race game because there were no staff to greet you. All they give you are codes from the beginning to the end, which was exciting. I was surprised when I saw the unit. We got the (2) BR unit on the 4th floor and we were not disappointed at all. The unit was well equipped, and very well planned. They did not skimp on the fixture and furnitures and had a touch of class. We only stayed there for (3) days and requested to stay longer but we were informed that there was an affair on the weekend so the place was fully booked. Btw, did I mention that the train is just nearby and there is a 5 Guys and a CVs Pharmacy below. I would definitely recommend this place and would certainly come back to stay here.

Many thanks,