“Good breakfast, large menu”

Eggsperience Pancakes
Ranked #101 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed downtown for a wedding and decided to go to breakfast the next morning before the trek home. Our hotel concierge recommended Eggsperience which was within walking distance. We were surprised that there was no wait at 9:30 on a Sunday morning. The restaurant was brightly decorated and very clean. The waitstaff was friendly and quick to seat us and wait on us. Breakfast was good and the portions were very large. I had a spinach and mushroom skillet with blueberry pancakes which was excellent and my husband ordered eggs and ham off the bone which he too enjoyed. Overall this was a great breakfast place and I would certainly recommend it to others staying in the area

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Dining alone, when I walked into the restaurant the hostess asked if I would sit at the counter. I said no, and she had no problem seating me at a table. That was the end of pleasant. I ordered a veggie omelette, and caught my server within a minute of ordering to see if it was too late to omit the cheese. She said no problem, but within 30 seconds, my breakfast had arrived. Odd? I know other reviews raved about the baked omelette being French, but quite truthfully, I've never eaten such a soggy concoction of eggs in France. The servers bickered about who stole the condiment stand off of the table behind me (me, since mine had disappeared), and I wasn't even halfway through the omelette before my server asked if she could box it up. Don't go.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Walking distance from our downtown hotel…Huge menu, big portions, insanely fast and good service. Not exactly cheap for breakfast but the location, food, service, and cleanliness of the restaurant made it all worth it…We will always go back there when in Chicago…they also have lunch food on the menu that looked good…we just ordered breakfast when we were there.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I love breakfast restaurants, but was disappointed in this one. After our meal, everyone had the same comment despite having very different dishes; "It was bland". I had Eggs Benedict, (which I don't think I've ever described as bland before), one of my colleagues had an omelet, another just a basic eggs, fruit and pancake breakfast. This is definitely a decent option if you're looking for breakfast, but it was just mediocre. I would say on par with most typical well known breakfast chains. A fair option, but you might find something tastier elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

When we arrived there it was 11 am. It was sort of busy. People kinda lined up at the door but no one or signs says if u should obtain a number or keep waiting. The food was slow. The egg white light I ordered looks like a deflated cotton candy that do not taste sweet. Puss comes out of it. I picked the Veggies out of the puff and ate them. Out waitress said there is nothing she can do when my son asks for 2 scrambled eggs, bacon And sausage because it is not on the menu. So we ended up ordering 2 kids meals for a 5 year old. The lady seeing me poking my food didn't even bother asking me how the food was for me after she asked my son with 2 orders in front of him. Next time, we r going to the McDonald's in 3 blocks that has a 2 floor view and free parking.