“Wish I Lived in Chicago so I could return to Francesca's on Chestnut!”

Francesca's on Chestnut
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's on Chestnut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 9,499 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Michigan Ave
Transit: We are accessible via the Chicago red line stop as well as the 151, 145, 146 and 147 Chestnut & Michigan CTA bus stop.
North Carolina
“Wish I Lived in Chicago so I could return to Francesca's on Chestnut!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband & I had been touring Chicago and surrounding area and time slipped away so quickly that we forgot to have lunch! Our taxi driver suggested this place...and it was FAN.TAS.TIC! Even for a 3 pm late lunch!

Just down from the Ritz-Carlton, it's so convenient to downtown.

When we walked in, it looked very dark & cool...and since it was an extremely WARM day, we opted to stay (instead of grabbing a quick bite elsewhere). What a lucky decision.

The service was above reproach -- shout out to Jorge (and Ecuador won their match the following day)!

I was absolutely thrilled with my selection -- Linguine al Fagottaro. Hot pasta topped with homegrown tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil and mozzarella. So simple and yet so delish! My husband had a salmon/asparagus dish that he also raved about.

And the best part -- the entree price was very, very reasonable @ $11.99.

If you're considering this restaurant -- just go. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited June 2014

Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Great service and food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Service was exemplary from the moment we walked in to meal end. The ambience was good and though open, it was not noisy even as it filled. We (3) shared a calamari appetizer which was perfect, great taste and not the least bit "chewy". My friends had ribeye steaks and enjoyed them. I had the halibut and it was truly superb. We were enjoying the evening and I had an apple cobbler style dessert, good but not extraordinary. Great coffee.

Visited June 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun Bar. Great Atmosphere. Yummy Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great menu. Fun Bar. Families, to couples to singles eat here. Good bar selection. Yummy pizza. Delicious Brussels sprouts. Excellent pasta. Fun afternoon or evening can be spent here. Good people watching too.

Visited March 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We ate a late dinner here on a Friday in June. Service was excellent. My spouse had the Calamari, which she said was excellent. I had the Ravioli which was very good. The place was not noisy
in spite of several large groups near us. Would recommend this place - reminds us of
some of our favorite Italian restaurants when we lived in NYC.

• Visited June 2014
Elyria
“Authentic Italian Quisine at its Best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The moment you entered this restaurant you felt like part of the family. Our waiter was very accurate on his recommendations for dinner. The atmosphere made you feel as if you had stepped back in time in Italy. In fact our waiter had just returned from Italy. The salad was delicious and looked like a piece of Art. Our meals melted in our mouth. My husband is Italian and a Chef, so he can not be fooled. This was our last dinner in Chicago before heading home. What a perfect way to end our visit to Chicago! We were delighted with the quality Staff and quisine.

• Visited May 2014