“Unique, Thoughful and You can figure out the wait”
Review of Ruxbin Kitchen

Ruxbin Kitchen
Ranked #804 of 9,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Put your name in line. Go to the neighborhood bar. Return when they call you cell. Open your own bottle of wine. Enjoy a unique and high quality restaurant in the best restaurant city in America.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I scored reservations last Sunday and had an incredible meal! I normally don't care for octopus, but it was amazing. (We splurged on the garlic fries simply due to a hangover, and they were just what I needed!) The apple & plub salad wasn't spectacular, but was still tasty.
I had the branzino for my entree, and it was one of the best dishes I've ever had. My date had the pork loin, which he enjoyed, but I know he was jealous of my fish!
We didn't have room for dessert but enjoyed our meal (and the wine we brought) very much. I'm a production designer and thoroughly loved the decor... the bathroom is just as cool as you think it will be. If you're in Chicago, you HAVE to eat here!

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We started with garlic fries, flat bread, oysters trio,mmmm one better than the next. After that we had Pork loin, Hanger Steak out of this world. It's a feast of flavors and great service.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

When my friends suggested Ruxbin Kitchen for dinner and said we would have to get there at 5, I agreed but was wondering why in the world we had to get there so early. So worth it! We waiting outside before the place opened and then were among the first people seated (apparently there is normally quite a wait). The place is BYOB, which is good to know beforehand.

For an appetizer, our table of four shared the garlic fries with Chipotle aioli. My husband and I each ordered the only vegetarian item on the menu, the penne in a garden (market vegetables, crispy penne, brined tofu, ratatouille, oyster mushroom) and ended up being so happy that we "had to have" the vegetarian dish. The other people at our table got the scallops and pork loin and were very pleased.

Although odd feedback to include in a review, I need to say that the bathroom is hands down the coolest I have ever visited in a restaurant. My friends told me I would love it but would give me no more details. I feel like I have to do the same and just say that it's awesome.

1  Thank Kate W
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Ate at Ruxbin for a wedding reception. The restaurant is relatively small, but that only adds to the experience. The multiple course menu was delicious and well portioned . For an out of towner from Tennessee the entire meal was great and I would definitely recommend anyone to visit. Be sure to visit the bathroom as well its a single stall with a spy entrance feel to it.