“Great value, BYO and good food”
Review of Ruxbin Kitchen

Ruxbin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruxbin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #763 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York, NY
“Great value, BYO and good food”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I wasn't blown away by the meal here but it was still satisfying. The real allure of the place is the great value with BYO and no corkage fee. This allows you to have a pretty good dinner that is easy on the wallet. The signature hanger steak was the best thing we ate.

• Visited February 2014

st louis,mo
“great find in chicago”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

this tiny restaurant had it all. Great service, phenomenal food, good prices and BYO.
The whole experience was great Fortunately we went on a sunday night. It's the only night they take reservations. Make sure you get the octopus appetizer. All th entrees were great

• Visited November 2013
Highland Park, Illinois
“Unique, Thoughful and You can figure out the wait”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Put your name in line. Go to the neighborhood bar. Return when they call you cell. Open your own bottle of wine. Enjoy a unique and high quality restaurant in the best restaurant city in America.

Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I scored reservations last Sunday and had an incredible meal! I normally don't care for octopus, but it was amazing. (We splurged on the garlic fries simply due to a hangover, and they were just what I needed!) The apple & plub salad wasn't spectacular, but was still tasty.
I had the branzino for my entree, and it was one of the best dishes I've ever had. My date had the pork loin, which he enjoyed, but I know he was jealous of my fish!
We didn't have room for dessert but enjoyed our meal (and the wine we brought) very much. I'm a production designer and thoroughly loved the decor... the bathroom is just as cool as you think it will be. If you're in Chicago, you HAVE to eat here!

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Small, great ambiance, fantastic food”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We started with garlic fries, flat bread, oysters trio,mmmm one better than the next. After that we had Pork loin, Hanger Steak out of this world. It's a feast of flavors and great service.