“Prices can be justified”
Review of Arami

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wood
Description: With a focus on freshness and quality, Arami's cuisine is a product of traditional ingredients and forward thinking technique. Representing the culture and care taken in Japanese cuisine, Arami prides itself on bringing art and enjoyment to any night of dining. At Arami's entrance is a torii gate, traditional in Japan to mark a transition, originally found outside of shrines. It is for this reason our sake bears the name: Ichi No Torii, The First Gate. Created to pair with our entire offerings and made exclusively for Arami, this sake is produced in collaboration with Omuraya Brewery in Shizuoka, Japan. --- Arami's interior can be described as a garden-like atmosphere, an urban retreat. Natural materials with an urban architectural feel make up the ambiance. Visitors are greeted in the front lounge, where our bar neatly displays our rare sake, wine and spirits selection.The Main dining room with vaulted skylight ceilings, streams light in the early hours on the tabletops, a mixture between bamboo and live-edge oak wood. The garden room, a smaller dining area toward the rear of the restaurant, is an atrium-like space with an abundance of foliage and Japanese wood engravings, perfect for Private Dining or quiet conversations.
Denver, Colorado
“Prices can be justified”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The food was very good, but for the price there was little of it and the presentations lack originality. I've eaten at Uchi's in Austin and Arami reminded a little of Uchi's in terms of the decor and some of the dishes. But the prices for the small amount of food at Arami takes it off my list.

Visited April 2014

chicago
“GET THE JASMINE TEA ICE CREAM”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This place is somewhat unassuming, small bar in front but beautiful dining room in back - small and quite crowded, but somehow working well with the energy of the restaurant.

Service was excellent - our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and made excellent recommendations on food and sake. A waiter/busboy collision resulted in water spilling over my dinner companion, and the manager was at our table instantaneously apologizing and offering us free dessert.

Now on to the food:
From the specials we had a carpaccio (yellowtail was bland, but tuna with garlic and salmon with olive oil/some herb were both excellent) as well as a special roll which was phenomenal.

From the regular menu we had:
1. Kampachi Sake roll - also very tasty.
2. Brussel Sprouts with lamb sausage, garlic chips, pickled fresno pepper, ponzu brown butter - these were great, basically equal parts sausage and brussel sprouts but very flavorful.
3. Sashimi: yellowtail with truffly
4. Baby sepia (cuttlefish) red chili flake, garlic, shiso, yuzu - the one thing I DID NOT LIKE. I imagine this was not due to the preparation, but probably the inherent properties of the fish - it was chewy to the point that i couldn't take a bite without yanking it apart with my fingers, then mushy inside.
5. Dessert: AMAZING Jasmine tea ice cream - so incredibly aromatic and flavorful, I felt like i had stuck my face in a jasmine blossom. The Wasabi cream cheese ice cream on graham cracker was interesting and unique, definitely could taste the wasabi coming through. The miso peanut butter just tasted like decadent peanut butter ice cream. Don't waste time on the yuzu flavor.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Superb sushi and more-- very consistent”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is our favorite restaurant in Chicago-- not just favorite sushi place, but overall favorite. The core is of course the sushi and sashimi, always super-fresh and of highest grade-- otherwise they just don't serve it. But the menu also has other excellent items, like the robata-grilled items (the maitake mushrooms are awesome, and corn when in season). The tartare bites are exquisite, the oyster dressing is perfect-- even after many visits, the excellence and freshness never wears off. And the staff is fantastic-- super helpful, friendly and genuinely welcoming. Never disappoints.

• Visited December 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“What a hidden gem, some of the best sushi I've ever had”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife found this place while I was at a conference in the city. We went the last night we were in town and I wished we'd found it sooner as I probably would have gone twice. Their fish is excellent and tasted as fresh as the fish we had earlier this year in Hawaii. The sushi was well prepared, the rolls were nicely rolled and full of flavor. I noticed a lot of "expensive" comments but I just don't agree with those comments. You get what you pay for and this fish is worth paying for.

The service was attentive and very helpful.

Atmosphere is nice but a little loud on a busy night.

Be careful you don't drive by this place. It isn't well marked from the outside but when you get in, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
Spring Green, Wisconsin
“Mindblowing”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

You think you've had sushi. This is not that. Arami is something totally different and unique. With a casual atmosphere, charming and knowledgeable servers, top notch and very friendly chefs and owners, you'll wish you could spend every night here. And then comes the food! Like nothing I've ever eaten. It's truly sexy food. The presentation is gorgeous and intentional. The texture of the food is luscious, and the flavors are divine and purposeful. Every detail has been considered and then executed almost effortlessly. Good intention just flows thru the place. I have never seen a menu like this, its so different and intriguing - you're willing (and eager) to go wherever they want to take you that night.

• Visited September 2012