“Inventive Vietnamese cuisine, terrific decor, great drinks”

Sawtooth Restaurant & Lounge
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Cross street: Ada
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I went to Sawtooth on a "Groupon" and have been back twice since. I love the decor, the menu,the service and the drinks. The first time there, I tried what I thought would be un-Vietname like chicken wings and the sauce on the wings was sublime. (both times I've been back, I've ordered these, just to carry them out). The decor, from the entrance in, is inviting with beautiful red umbrellas and bamboo. Their wine list and their cocktail list is also extremely well done. I made a stop at another restaurant recently where I could barely find a single glass of wine below $15. No such problem here, and yet the wines are first rate.

The restaurant is on the very western most end of West Randolph but the good news for that is that parking is a bit easier to come by, as a result.

If I were looking to bring an out-of-town friend to an atmospheric place with outstanding food and ambiance, this would be high on the list.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook