“Fantastic!!”

Lang House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We so enjoyed our stay with Wayde and Bruce at Lang House!! The house is architecturally stunning and beautifully appointed. Rooms are equipped with every amenity you could need. If you are planning a stay in Chicago, I can't recommend this place higher. Why stay in a boring hotel when you can stay in an amazing historic home with fantastic innkeepers?? Need I say more?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I came for an academic conference at Loyola University and tried to squeeze in a relaxing vacation as well. The Lang House came recommended by the University and we could not be happier that we stayed here. We were very impressed by not only the beautiful, old, house, situated right next to a gorgeous Frank Lloyd Wright house, but also by the kind hospitality of Bruce and Wade. They were very accommodating, as was Rebecca, who helped us to our room when we first arrived and was happy to answer any questions we had. Breakfast is continental and included really wonderful baked goods. I like how the continental breakfast gives guests the option of having a more intimate, sit-down breakfast in the lovely dining room, or quickly eating either in the kitchen, the awesome outdoor deck, or one of the beautiful sitting rooms, complete with original hand-painted murals. I have stayed in numerous B&B's before and I have to say that The Lang House is at the very top of my list.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at The Lang House B&B this week while in Chicago for business. The proprietors, Bruce & Wade, were super accommodating! The rooms were nicely sized & appointed. My bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was very nice with robes, heated floor option, heated towel racks, nice toiletries. The wifi worked well in the room. The kitchen had all the options I wanted for breakfast. :-) Sometimes it's the little things that add up to be a big deal. That was the case for me this past week. This was the experience I needed after a 3.5 hr flight delay getting into O'Hare. I travel a lot for work (& fun) so I have seen the inside of many hotels and B&Bs. I will definitely stay here again - am just hoping the next time it will be for pleasure vs business.
Cheers,
Lisa

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I cannot give enough praise for our incredible experience. We booked the entire Lang House for a weekend to have our wedding and provide a place for our family to stay. The property is one of the best B & B I have seen. The house is a hidden gem. The rooms are all first class. Wayde and Bruce who run the Lang house could not be more helpful. They are just the best. They went out of their way to help and assist with our planning, working with the caterer, etc. I could not find a single complaint about a single detail. They had recommendations that made our day even more special. Whether you are looking for a single room or a venue for a small event, it does not get better! You will not find a better place in Chicago!

Room Tip: Room 4 the stencil room is just amazing with the hand painted walls. This one is on the back of the...
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My son and I stayed here for one Night. Our room was fabulous and my son enjoyed just being in the house.The owners, Bruce and Wayde, were both very welcoming. It truly was a delightful surprise.Thank you again and hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were looking for a nice place that offered convenient parking, access to the city, and was reasonable in price. We found everything and more at the Lang House Bed and Breakfast. Located right off of Lake Michigan near a quaint little bistro and bar, just a few blocks from the red line train, and next door to Frank Lloyd Wright's Emil Bach house, Lang House Bed and Breakfast is more than a place to rest your head, it is a travel experience in and of itself.Bruce, Wayde, and Perry were wonderful hosts; providing some of the best customer care I've experienced. And the accommodations were just fantastic! If you have the chance to visit the delightful home, you MUST take it!

Room Tip: If you are looking for parking, you need to communicate that at the time of your reservation. Parki...
1  Thank MrsLippens
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I ended up staying here, after everything else for this conference was booked. What a fantastic surprise. It's clean, beautiful, many great original details, charming, effortless. Walk to the lake front, hop a train or a bus that will bring you to the heart of Chicago in minutes. Hosts, Bruce and Wayde, were welcoming, knowledgeable, and easy to talk to. Staff also great. Highly recommend, and I'd stay there again when I'm back in town.

Room Tip: There's a sauna in the basement!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business