“Great sweet and savory crepes”
Review of Icosium Kafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: African
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great place to eat. Affordable prices. Delicious soups, and great selection of sweet & savory crepes. Great teas.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My recent dinner with friends was truly delicious. We shared both the vegetarian and lamb tagines (I was disappointed that they did not have the tilapia tagine that night). The mix of spices and veggies in the vegetarian dish was mouthwatering. We ended with a sweet crepe of dark chocolate, banana and coconut. Yum! It's BYO, so I highly recommend getting a bottle of wine or two at the liquor store across the street like we did.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My youngest son was lamenting the passing of La Creperie. I took him by Icosium, and he leaped at the chance to try their crepes / galettes. Except that, once we were seated and viewing the menu, my son decided that the lamb chop cous-cous sounded too good to ignore. And I wanted to try the merguez Algerian lamb sausage.
Both choices proved wonderful. So much so that, on asking for doggie bags (portions are king size), we asked for extra portions of those wonderful merguez sausages to accompany the genuine left-overs.
This fairly authentic (the crepes and galettes are Breton based, of course) Algerian restaurant offers high quality North African cuisine at very reasonable prices. The careful use of varied spices should thrill every palate -- except those forever damned by over-exposure to excessively hot Mexican or Asian peppers.
The service was charming and attentive.
Friends tell me that the galettes and crepes are also well worth a visit. So ,,, I'll go back for those ... as long as I can resist the merguez sausage.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stopped in mid-afternoon for a snack and was not disappointed. Lots of dessert crepes to pick from - all three of us chose a different one and we each loved our. I had the Crepe Labella - belgium chocolate, bananas, coconut and almonds.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I ordered a veggie crepe filled with avocado, carmelized onion, tomato, roasted peppers, cilantro, garlic. The veggie soup was absolutely delicious. Algerian recipes and spices - didn't know what to expect, but it was amazing. Definitely worth the drive from the more central Chicago locations - easier to find street parking! The sweet crepe even had real coconut chopped up!