“My new favorite in Chicago”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #24 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Terrific property in an excellent location. So impressed with every detail. Stayed three times in last month and each room is unique. Special thanks to Sarah at front desk for assistance with Carlson Card. What a great representative for your brand.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for your continued choice to stay with us! I am truly honored to be your home away from home! I have also shared your compliments with Sarah and she was thrilled that she has left such a positive experience on your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with my first stay at a Radisson Blu. The staff was incredibly friendly, it's very clean and decorated far beyond my expectations. The lobby is very welcoming including the beautiful fireplace (I heard longest in the world?) as well as the beautiful lighting. Rooms were very thoughtfully decorated, comfortable and had all the amenities I enjoy including an espresso machine! I highly recommend paying a little extra for the business lounge (staff there was great including Lindsay). Filini is the restaurant that is delicious and very lively. Seems like the locals definitely hang here with free mixology classes going on and a very cozy but modern setting. I look forward to coming back very soon to enjoy the pools and outdoor track. I highly recommend the Radisson Blu!

Room Tip: Business level has great perks in the lounge including food, beverage and a place to congregate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I am honored that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you had the opportunity to utilize our Business Class Lounge! I have shared your comments with Lindsey and she was thrilled that you mentioned her by name. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband & I spent 2 nights here in May 2012. We were lucky and for a very small price, got an upgraded room with a balcony. Our room overlooked the patio and garden area. Kudos to the gardeners as the gardens were just beautiful. What a pleasant surprise in a downtown hotel.

The rooms were very contemporary and tastefully decorated. So many hotel rooms are dark and dreary but the Radisson Blu Aqua rooms had a wall of windows that made the room light and airy.

We were welcomed on arrival and thanked on checkout so our experience with the staff was pleasant. We didn't have the opportunity to enjoy the hotel restaurant/bar but it looked very inviting.

The only 2 minor issues we noted were that we had 3 large towels in our room when we checked in but after the room was serviced were suprised to find only 2. The other issue was that 2 outlets in the room stopped working. There was no way to reset them and we only realized they didn't work when we noticed that our cell phones hadn't charged during the night. Offsetting those 2 minor issues was the fact that I shared that in a survey 2 days after checkout and the day after I submitted that survey, I received an apologetic note from the hotel GM about it. I think it speaks volumes in terms of guest satisfaction, that for something that minor, the GM sent me an email. Thank you!

I look forward to returning to the Radisson Blu Aqua Chicago!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony overlooking the patio & gardens.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Female_Traveler5689

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I was happy to respond to your original survey; I really do value your feedback and use it to better our hotel for future stays. Our entire team is committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and I am truly honored that you were impressed by us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the city; thanks again!

Peirre-Louis Giacotto

Reviewed 20 May 2012

On a recent trip to Chicago for a conference, with a few days tacked on for leisure, I had planned on trying 5 hotels in 6 nights so I could get a feel for different neighbourhoods. The Radisson Blu Aqua was the second hotel on my list. I liked it so much within the first night that I cancelled all my other reservations. Thankfully the hotel was considerate enough to extend my check-in rate rather than raise it for the short notice or the weekend.

The location of the hotel is better than it appears on the maps. A five minute walk to the "L" at State and Lake Red, Green, Brown lines, and a few minutes further to the Blue Line for the airport. From my window I could see Navy Pier and the river. The view from the Business Class lounge is of Lake Michigan and the art museum.

Check in was a breeze, though not all rooms come with a bath, so it is best to ask before going up to your room and being surprised.

The upgrade to Business Class for $19 a night is a pretty good value even if it doesn't include a hot breakfast (other than oatmeal and boiled eggs) or hot appetizers for the evening reception. The extended hours are worth it compared the the brief hours offered at most other hotels. Breakfast hours are until 11am and evening reception hours are until 10pm. Also included with this upgrade is the use of an iPad within any hotel space, but not off-site.

But back to the main reason for extending my stay, the staff. I was really, really pleased by how nice the reception and lounge staff are, and I mean actually nice, not fake nice.

The room was very modern, comfortable, and clean. I fell in love with the sparkly floor. The bed was comfy. As a solo traveller I was not bothered by the lack of a door to the bathroom. The temperature control worked. There was a (pressure-sensitive) mini-bar loaded with goodies, a bathrobe, the slippers were MIA, an iron, a safe big enough for a laptop, desk with USB charger, and reading chair. Room lighting was adequate, but the bendy-arm reading light on the bed was a nice touch. I was not disturbed by any noise from the hall or elevator (room 1721).

The fitness centre (didn't try), steam room (worked), pool (didn't try) etc are open 24 hours, I think. There are lockers (but no locks) and you have to bring your own towel.

My activities kept me so busy I didn't try the hotel restaurants, but they looked hip and I will try them on a future visit. The hotel is relatively close to Bobby's Bike Hike (highly recommended).

Club Carlson has a good reward program which was the reason I chose the Blu Aqua over select hotels on the conference list.

There were some inconsistencies with housekeeping, but it wasn't about theft and it wasn't about cleanliness, and I let management know after I departed, so for the sake of this review it wasn't a big deal...but I wonder if they would have honoured their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee?

I would have no reservations about recommending this hotel. For my next trip to Chicago I would definitely make my reservation here before wasting too much time thinking about other Chicago hotels.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has a bath or just a shower. Away from the elevator (rooms ending in -21 are quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank thriftycanuck49

Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful review. I am truly honored that you chose to cancel your stay at other locations because you enjoyed our facilities so much. I have shared your compliments with our team including that they were the ulitmate reason you extended your stay. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the city; thanks again!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Blu on business for two nights. This is not your typical Radisson hotel. The Blu brand is very unique. The lobby and restaurant are very chic, and the rooms are modern and luxurious. My room had wood floors, modern chairs and desks, an iHome unit, and a really nice bathroom (I stayed in the Business Class room). I had great views of the city, and the staff was incredibly helpful. The concierge helped me print out and fax some documents in a very timely fashion. I would defintely recommend this hotel when visiting Chicago!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you were able to utilize our Business Class accomodations. I am glad that you like the decor and modern touches to the room and hope that we see you again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

To whom it may concern:
Our weekend was just a delight, thank you to the staff of the Radisson Blue hotel in Chicago, IL where my husband and I went to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
I would rate it very high on the list of Luxury and upscale hotels that is also located near great shopping and nightlife.
The hotel and the room itself were very clean and cozy. All the accommodations were wonderful. From bright white towels and linens, sparkling floors and delicious cheese/dry fruit platter and wine delivered to our room after room service is done with cleaning our room to perfection, to the two nice indoor/outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, pick nick area, sauna, business centers and wonderful food in the restaurant.
The hotel’s housekeeping department was very accommodating and friendly. Anything we needed and asked for was done fast and with bright smiles on their faces. The service exceeded all of our expectations. Checking in was quick and easy. The coffee in the room was nice and strong to keep us awake to enjoy the city and our resort.
We had a great getaway and will definitely come back to enjoy it again soon.
Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovetotravelaround52
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us and for your wonderful comments! I am truly thrilled that you had such a nice experince and I have shared each of your compliments with our team. I hope that we see you again soon!

Happy Anniversary,

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Loved everything! It really is a beautiful hotel with a friendly staff. I can't wait to come back! Thanks for making our 25th Anniversary extra special. The balcony room was so nice. Sitting out on the balcony taking in the vibe and lights of the city is a memory I'll take back home with me. So many amenities right at your fingertips. Chicago is such a great city and my stay at the Blu Aqua was the cherry on top.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank hagen007

Happy Anniversary! I am honored that you spent your 25 year celebration with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. We are all thrilled that you had such a nice time. I hope that we see you back again soon!