“Wonderful Chicago Hotel, Clean and Safe!”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This review is a bit overdue as I stayed here over the weekend of July 13th. I cannot mirror enough the great reviews others have said about this hotel. This was my first time in Chicago and also as a solo traveler. The rooms are extremely clean with very modern decor. I had a lovely view from my room. The free wifi was a huge plus as I was able to investigate things to do from the comfort of my room and keep in touch with my family during my travels. My only small con was I left a note for housekeeping to leave more toiletries, but they never did.

Andrew the Concierge was fantastic. He always made time to assist me in places to see and things to do. He was able to book a ticket for me for Wrigley Field since the Cubs were in town (a definite must do). The hotel itself is located in a quieter part of town, but still close enough to central things. It's a short walk to Millennium Park ('the bean') and about a +/-10 minute walk to the trains. Cabs were never a problem to find. In addition, there is a great bar/restaurant about a 5 minute walk from the hotel called Sweetwater. The hotel bar looked amazing, but I wasn't able to go this time around. I definitely plan on returning though!

Sam, NY

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sam S
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you for you review! I am thrilled that you had such a nice stay and that Andrew was so helpful. I have shared your compliments with him and our team. I would, however, like to apologize that extra toiletries were not left as you requested. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you. I look forward to your next visit to the city!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

What a great looking hotel. Staff took care of everything and were always so attentive. Pay for a corner room and well worth the extra $$$! Stunning views and plenty of space run around - so worth it. At first the location seems a little off the beaten but you are actually close to mag mile and navy pier and millennium park. Rooms have a nice futuristic touch to match the cool exterior. Great breakfast at Filini. Micheal our waiter was great and like everyone else at the hotel was super attentive. Must say i was impressed!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a corner room. There is a fire station on the north end but we never heard it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and enjoyed your corner room upgrade! I have also passed along your compliments to Michael who was thrilled to have made an impact on your stay. I hope we see you back again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Service was excellent, rooms beautiful, pool and outside deck amazing. Our 4 and 2 year old Grandchildren loved the connecting hall and rooms. Easy cab ride to Pier and train station. Walking to great shopping, parks and restaurants. Truly enjoyed our stay and would stay at this hotel again. Staff was very helpful and friendly =)

Room Tip: Higher floors to avoid Fire Station =) All sides would be a great view. Ask for Connecting rooms i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I am thrilled that you had such a great family getaway at our hotel! I am glad that the connecting rooms worked out so well and that you grandchildren had fun with the design! I hope that we see you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I really would like to give this property the highest rating. Unfortunately, all I heard last night were the sounds of police and fire alarms...I counted 9 times. I woke up having had only had 3-4 hours of sleep and have been exhausted since. I was on pretty high floor but it felt like the sirens were coming thru my room. Other than that, I LOVED this hotel. The staff are awesome, friendly, helpful. The rooms are lovely, modern, no carpeting, a little small but that did not bother me. Espresso maker in the room!!!! I was in Business Class. No one told me there was a happy hour and snacks at night. When I called for my wake up call is when I was told, so that kind of sucked. The outdoor pool is great. The indoor pool is very nice but it was extremely wet around the indoor whirlpool and i slipped. I was surprised housekeeping was not mopping up the area more frequently. Another guest complained about it too. Anyway, I will stay here again if I can get a quiter room! Location is great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you had such an enjoyable stay and that our team was helpful, but I would like to apologize that you did not get a proper night sleep. I am sharing your comments with our team and am truly sorry for any shortcomings your encountered on our end. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

the mgr contacted me and said to send him receipts for stolen clothes and he would get back with me....no contact after that, they could have called with their decision on to claim it on ins or not....not a word

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ann b
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for your follow up. I am truly sorry that you experienced an issue with your luggage during your stay and that it has not been resolved. I have checked with our entire management staff and we do not have record of any information regarding your missing items. I have also sent you a personal message to try and obtain more information. I am truly sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience we caused for you and hope to have your concerns resolved soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was an amazing hotel - beautiful decor and friendly staff. The hotel is close to CTA bus stop and a short walk from Millennium Park. My husband and I really enjoyed everything about Chicago and this hotel topped it off.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am so glad that we were able to top off your wonderful trip to Chicago! I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

This hotel is worthy of the good reviews. Stayed on the 17th floor and the lounge with its drinks was a great relief after temps in the hundreds! Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Overall we had a good stay at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the Business Lounge! I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the city!