“Swank Hotel blocks from Michigan ave”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edogawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan
“Swank Hotel blocks from Michigan ave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel for 3 nights and we could not have been happier.
The hotel was very clean, the service was great and the area around the hotel was quite acessable. First, the hotel itself feels more like a boutique hotel. The lobby on the ground floor is beautiful but not too big. It is next to their bar and restaraunt Filini. We were upgraded to business class and they put us on the 17th floor. When we walked in we were pleasently surprised that there were chocolates and bottled water prepared for us. We also had a park view from the balcony and could see the Navy Pier and the lake. It was really nice.

I love to go to the gym and the gym at Aqua has to be one of the best I have ever seen. Tons of new equipment, basketball court and the hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool that is fantastic.

This hotel will not disappoint. The walk to Michigan ave is less than 10 minutes. I will stay here again next time I am in Chicago. Thank you for making our stay in Chicago such a great one Aqua!

Cons:
The hotel has a fridge with an autobar but there is no room to put in any of your own food or drink or left overs. When you remove the food items from the bar it automatically gets billed. The hotel later took the chargers off but it would have been nice if the fridge had some extra room.

Room Tip: The Continental breakfast at the Filini is not worth the money. Mainly it is just juice and a varie...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for leaving us a review! I am thrilled that you had such a nice time at the hotel and that you plan to return on your next trip to the city. I have shared your comments with our team. Thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

There for a short visit in July and I must say I was very impressed. The room is beautiful, with a great view and the floors sparkle as you walk in. Just a short walk to Millennium Park and there are also plenty of places to eat around the hotel as well. We didn't get to use the pool but it looked great. Overall we enjoyed every minute spent at the hotel and if we go back to Chicago we'll be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am happy that you had such a great experience with us! I look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again!

Hamden, Connecticut

Where to begin!!
I stayed here for a week. Rooms are huge. Bed is huge. Views are great. I travel a lot for business and not too concerned about the rooms but this one was incredible. Request a corner room as high as you can go. The balcony is huge for a corner room. Bathrooms are large and the water is hot. Internet is very easy to use. The staff is fantastic. The gym is free and has lots of equipment. The pool area is clean and gardens are fantastic. You see a pattern here???
The bar staff downstairs was there for every need and kept the drinks full. Did I mention it's great location too?

When you go to Chicago just stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Request a corner room high up. Great views.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your fantastic review! I am truly honored by your comments and have shared them with our entire team! I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay and every aspect of our hotel. I hope that we see you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Pros:
-Rooms are all different with a modern design. Adds a lot of character. Rooms aren't huge but have everything you need.
-One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.
-Gym/pool/outdoor area is fantastic. Not to be overlooked.
-Architecture is fantastic
-Helpful staff
-Great location (5-7 minute walk from Magnificent Mile) and just down the street from Millennium park

Cons:
-Elevators are ridiculously slow.We had friends staying 2 floors above us and at one point it took about 25 minutes just to go back to my room to get something then come back up. It actually dampens your stay as it gets VERY annoying. Note: there is a back elevator that they failed to tell us about that is used less and would have made the stay MUCH better.
-Lobby smells like perfume... it's not overly strong, but if you are sensitive to the smell, it may be troublesome.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and that our team was helpful! I would, however, like to apologize that there was a delay with the elevator service. We actually have four elevators dedicated to guest room floors; I am truly sorry that this was not properly explained during your visit. I hope that we see you again soon; thanks again!

Walled Lake,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Just a quick get-a-way from a very busy work week. The hotel was an excellent choice. From the moment we arrived until we left the staff could not have been any nicer. Room excellent, food in the restaurant, excellent, and Andrew, the concierge, set us up for two great evenings on the town. We will return ASAP.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am happy that we were able to help you recharge after a busy week. I have also shared your compliments with Andrew and he was honored to have impacted your stay. We hope to see you again soon; thanks again!

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We found this hotel absolutely excellent in every way. The location is ideal - I cannot understand one or two comments which led us to feel the hotel might be a little out of the way. It is minutes from Millennium Park, minutes from Michigan Avenue and only 20 minutes at a strolling pace to the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Facilities were as good as any hotel we have stayed in. A proper gym, even a running track - I cannot claim to have used it! - outside spaces to relax, a beautiful bar area and a restaurant currently receiving some positive attention - we only had time for breakfast there which was very good.
Our room was very large with a wonderfully comfortable bed and very spacious bathroom. From the balcony we could see the lake and it was fantastic looking up at the building from outside to realise we were staying in an architecturally cutting edge building with those balconies creating a visual impact.
Staff were very efficient and check-in/out was handled very well. I cannot fault it - especially at the remarkably good rate we got via Otel.com.

Room Tip: Higher up is probably better for the view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a fantastic stay with us and that we are in your ideal location in the city! I have shared your compliments with our team and we all hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I decided to take a "stay-cation" this past weekend to enjoy our native city and take in the Air and Water Show. We often enjoy staying at different hotels around the city to get the feel for Chicago's varietal downtown area. This time, we booked our room at the Radisson Blu so we might enjoy being tourists in our own town close to Millennium Park. The only problem with this property is we didn't want to leave! The room was contemporary yet warm. The service was 5 star. The food was Michelin quality. Talk about paying attention to detail! Everything right down to little design features was thought out. The staff was thoughtful about our comfort and experience and made it clear they would do whatever was necessary to accommodate us. While my husband and I were enjoying the 70,000 sq. ft. Outdoor area with swimming pool and spa, I looked at all the buildings and remarked how I felt we were really staying at a resort in the city! I cannot say enough nice things about Radisson Blu!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had a fantisic stay with us and were able to be "tourists" in our beautiful. Hopefully we see you again for you next staycation!