“The whole package”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #23 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My daughter and I just returned from a whirlwind weekend looking at colleges in the Chicago area. By far the highlight of our visit to this exciting city was our one-night stay at the Aqua. The location is perfect: a quick walk to Millennium Park, the Art Institute, the subway, and the Chicago Architecture Foundation cruise, so we never needed to use our car. The building is absolutely stunning, inside and out. When we arrived, the friendly front-desk attendant informed me that they were over-booked for the night, which made my heart sink until he informed me that we would be upgraded to club level - and he gave us a choice of a suite or room with two queen beds! We chose the latter, and were very impressed with the space and chic modern decor - and the fact that the room came equipped with its own Nespresso machine! The complimentary breakfast in the private lounge was a lovely way to start the morning. I wish I'd had the time to take advantage of the fitness center, pool, and lobby bar, but we will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that we were the highlight of your weekend and that you took the time to share the experience you had at our hotel. I hope that your daughter's college search is going well! We look forward to seeing you soon; thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

Reviewed 1 November 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for a week in the Raddison Blue Awua Hotel.
We were greeted by the delightful Radisson aroma of spices and fruite in the air.
I wish I could have purchased the freshener for my home. The room was state of the art
contemporary. The balcony added to the feeling of being in a resort not a hotel.
The bed was super comfy. I appreciated all of the amenities in the building. My husbnd and I swam laps indoors then relaxed in the indoor hot tub. On several days, we worked out in the gym. Just one block away, we rented comfortable bike to ride up the concrete path parelling
Lake Shore Drive. We took the architectural cruise just up the street on Wacker Drive. Everything seemed to be in walking distance. My private tip. Try the mushroom pizza with Truffle oil in Fellinis, you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: a corner room is preferable. With a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you for your review and for spending your vacation with us! I am happy that you had a wonderful stay and were able to utilize our fitness center and pool! I am also happy that our location was perfect for your bike rides and cruise. I have shared your compliement about the mushroom pizza with our chef! Thanks again; I hope we see you soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed here several times on business over a three month period and was consistently impressed. I'd recommend staying here for business or pleasure. Beds are very comfy, rooms are spacious, wifi is free and there is an trendy bar and excellent Italian restaurant. The location is a little out of the way but if you don't mind a 10-15 min walk you can get most places in central Chicago fairly easily. This hotel is my first choice in Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your review! I am honored that we are your first choice in the city and that you have enjoyed each of your stays with us! I have also shared your compliments with our team; thanks again! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I was in Chicago on a business trip in October 2012. The staff was very attentive. I stayed in a business class room which had a very comfortable bed, the workspace was nice. Good wifi access in the room was a plus. I was on the 18th floor with a excellent view. The cleanliness of the room was apparent immediately. There was a nice recliner.

The conference rooms were set up very well with big windows overlooking the city. The food was excellent during the conference.
The hotel is located a few blocks from many shops within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving us a review! I couldn't be happier that your meetings went so well and that you enjoyed the view and meals. I am also happy that the business accomodations were excellent for your needs! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Beautiful hotel, but it has a few issues. The bathroom water kept getting stucked when flushing. The thermostat in the room was useless. The rooms were warm and never did cool down (in October). Great fitness center with excellent equipment.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side next to the fire station
2  Thank Virginia2009Virginia
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that there was a problem with the toilet and that your room was too warm. I am sharing your concerns with our engineering department and I apologize for any disappointment you experienced. I hope that you will return to the hotel so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Beautiful Hotel. The staff was very friendly. Wonderful Amenities - fitness center and pool. Great food too -We had an awesome cheeseburger the night we arrived at the bar. We were on the 16th floor of a City View room and could see the river and the lake. It was about a 15 -20 minute walk to the magnificint mile and the Navy Peir.

Room Tip: City View, King
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had such a wonderful weekend in Chicago and that you enjoyed your time at our hotel! I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2012

My stay started out great by check in, was there for a trade show and arrived second in our group, as I walked up to the counter the gentleman checking me in looked at my co worker and called her promptly by her last, very nice I though, and he preceded to do a quick and efficient check in and even enrolled me in the frequent travelers club in less time I spent checking in other hotels. Lobby was warm stylish and cozy, I really liked the room key scanner, as it does not have to be inserted, I had the key in my back pocket the hands full with luggage, all I had to do was turn around and listen for the door to unlock and in I was. Room is very comfortable and the work desk is very spacious.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you had such a great impression of the hotel and that you liked our key system! I have shared your compliments with our front office team and we are truly thrilled that you consider us an ideal business hotel!