“Splendid!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Durham NC
“Splendid!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a gorgeous new hotel designed by Jeanne Gang of Studio Gang. We were delighted by Paula from Poland, who has only been working there three weeks. They are rotating her to different places in the hotel and we saw her everywhere! She was so friendly and we wish her the best in her new job.

Room Tip: Ipad in the room is a nice feature
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you loved your stay with us and that Paula was helpful. I will be sure to share your compliments with her. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at the Radisson while attending a convention in Chicago. I checked in very easily and the lady at the front desk offered me a late check out of 2 pm the next day to accommodate some extended business I had in the City. My room included an IPAD with free WIFI and a clever bundle of chargers to charge a variety of different type of phones, laptops, etc... What a great idea. i did not need the chargers but a business traveler is crippled if their phone or computer or IPAD goes dead. The room was small but very comfortable and the shower was wonderful. It had an overhead rain shower and a separate shower arm on the wall. The price of the room was reasonable too. Don't valet park though, I did that out of the terrible rush I was in to check in and get to a dinner. It was $61 per day. There is a self park garage attached to the hotel and I should have parked there. That was the only "ouch" of my stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had a great stay at the hotel and that you enjoyed the amenities in your room. I would, however, like to apologize that you were not aware of the cost of valet parking. We work closely with their management company to offer competitive rates, but I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused. I hope we see you again the next time you return to Chicago!

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

There are too many hotels to choose from in Chicago . I did my homework and decided to stay at the Radisson Blue. I don't regret it one bit. The hotel had it all we were looking for. A excellent room, great location, friendly staff, tasty food, perfect gym with indoor pool, hot tub and a basketball court. A big thanks to Jeff who helped us enjoy our stay.next time I am in Chicago I will be staying at this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you choose us over the many other options in the city and that you were satisfied with your choice. I will be sure to share your compliments with Jeff and our front office team. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago!

La Grange, Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Visiting Chicago for a wedding in November and had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson Blu. Our trip was awesome. From the moment we walked in we were treated as honored guest. The decor was stunning. The hotel was warm, inviting and spotlessly clean. We were so impressed with the hotel restaurant we ate several meals there instead of exploring other restaurants of Chicago. But the one thing that stood out above all the rest was the exceptional staff. You could not ask for more personal care than what we received. They were professional, courteous, friendly and acted as though they really cared about our welfare. I would highly recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. I am looking for an excuse to go back to Chicago just to stay here again. Loved it.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony, the views are awesome.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I can't thank you enough for your wonderful review. I am truly honored that you felt like royalty and that our team was part of the reason you want to return. I will share your compliments with each of them. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua hotel, a very pleasing design hotel. Slightly off of the main strip which was nice, only a short walk to all the sights. There is a CVS pharmacy next to the hotel which is convenient for buying snacks. We had a room over looking the park which was clean however, a little on the small side.

Overall a very good experience.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was well suited to your needs. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Webster, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I went on a business trip and this is a very nice, clean hotel with excellent customer service....and the best fireplace in the lobby!

The staff working our meals went above and beyond for our group.....!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you meetings went well and that you enjoyed your visit. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My 16 year old twins took their first trip to visit their Uncle in the States for their birthday - I have heard so many great things from them about their stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua, the welcome, their room, the extra mile that everyone went too with them, the very sweet and personalised messages they received. They have raved about the hotel, the view looks spectacular from their photos and I have heard a lot about breakfast (!) and the extremely lovely waiting staff. Thank you all for giving them an experience they will never forget and making the weekend extra special.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
I can't thank you enough for your review. We were honored to welcome your twins to the hotel and couldn't be happier that they enjoyed their stay and made great memories here in Chicago! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team! I hope to welcome you and your family back soon!