Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$488
US$345
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$271
5,092 results
All reviewsbusiness loungeoutdoor poolbasketball courtmillennium parkrunning trackfilini restaurantwrap around balconynavy pierpark viewhardwood floorsbeautiful hotelcorner roomfire stationrain showerthird floorfitness centergreat amenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is my first stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua and I found the whole experience delightful and memorable. From the moment I entered the Reception area and was greeted by highly professional, courteous staff, to when I checked out the next day. The room was fantastic and very clean, with a vibrant green colored carpet that made the room feel all the more warm and welcoming. Overall the hotel is stunning, the service is exceptional and the food is great too. I dined in the restaurant ( Filini ) and the meal did not disappoint. High quality, tasty food and excellent service from the staff. I will be sure to stay in this hotel again sometime in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your great review! I am thrilled that you had such a memorable experience with us and enjoyed both your stay and dining experience in Filini. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was in town for the FabTech 2013 show and stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. This was the first time ever staying there and I found it to have very nice accommodations. The room was interesting (sparkle marble floor tiles), clean, quiet, and internet was fast. I will add that the only refrigerator in the room was full of their "for sale" items and I could have used some room for my awesome left over Giordano's pizza! The other facilities looked very nice, although I didn't use any of them. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was very good as well. Lastly, I was glad this was a company trip because the room rate wasn't cheap....but then again, I don't get out much! ha

Room Tip: Don't expect to keep anything in a refrigerator!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such a great experience at the hotel and that you enjoyed the design of your room. Our rates do vary throughout the year depending on occupancy and events in the city; I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Keep in mind that although this hotel is in a architecturally interesting building, and is downtown with other swanky hotels . . . this is a Radisson. It's expensive, but it's not a four star hotel by any means.

You know, that's okay. I knew it wasn't the Ritz. And while expensive, it isn't as pricey as many of the hotels near it. So, that's all good. However, I encountered several inconveniences during my stay that are more or less unfixable, so I won't be staying here again.

This hotel is in a fairly difficult to navigate area of downtown Chicago. There are both upper and lower levels of many of the streets, and the most direct route to the hotel takes you to the side entrance, which has no valet service. Your GPS will get confused, as there's new construction, streets that are newly blocked off, etc. So - finding the hotel will be your first challenge.

There's no street parking. I knew that parking would be expensive - (40 - 70 dollars a day), and that's pretty normal for a downtown hotel. God forbid someone wants to visit you, though. No street parking and the first half hour in the parking garage is about 20 dollars. (I exaggerate. There is limited street parking, and it's all of the sort where you have to move your car every 2 hours or get towed).

The parking garage itself is also frustrating. It's very confusingly constructed. There's very little permanent signage. I parked my car and walked to the first door - locked. Went to another door - taped up sign saying this wasn't the right door to the hotel, gave no clue to where the right door was. Found an elevator - taped up sign saying it didn't go to the hotel, the right elevator was "across the garage." Problem: the elevator bay was in the center of the garage - so what does "across the garage" mean in this instance? I ended up taking this elevator, because there is a limited amount of time a single woman is going to spend wandering around a dimly lit parking garage at night. It deposited me around the corner from the hotel.

The public spaces in this hotel are warm and inviting. The bar's great with good service.

The rooms: my room was so dark when I entered it that I could not find the light switch to turn on the lamps. I had to use my iphone as a flashight to locate the buttons that control the lights. Very limited in room dining options. THe bathroom was the biggest dissappointment. I booked a room and asked for a bathtub - the room I got didn't have one. I called to ask if any rooms with tubs were available, and was told there are no rooms with tubs at the hotel. The shower had an overhead "rainforest" type shower nozzle - the kind that makes the water fall directly on your head. The problem was that to turn the shower on, you had to stand directly under this nozzle, resulting in getting doused with freezing cold water first thing every morning. THe shower stall was next to the toilet stall, with a sliding glass door so that one stall was "shut" when you were using the other. No handle on the inside of this sliding door, so when you get in the shower, you can't slide the door shut to prevent water from going all over the bathroom floor while you shower.

Final gripe - I was out of my room all day, and housekeeping did not visit. WHen I called to inquire (5 pm), I was told that you need to use the TV remote to go to guest services on the TV and "schedule" a room service visit. This was indeed the case! I wish I had been informed of that.

One more thing: no movies to order, just TV channels (with HBO). The TV is the type where you have to "hang" on the channel for a few seconds before you can see what's on that particular channel. Annoying when you're channel surfing. I tried to use the guide instead, but the guide read "No information on this channel" for every channel.

Too much aggravation! I'll go with more expensive but better design and location next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cyasukot
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry to read that you had a disappointing experience with us. While there are different levels to many streets in Chicago, our team is always available to answer any questions both before you arrive or while you are driving in. We are located one block off Michigan Avenue and only about 2 blocks from Millennium Park.

Although we do not own or manage that parking garage, but we work closely with the management company to ensure that our rates are competitive for the area and less than our competitors. Street parking throughout the city is very limited, especially in popular downtown areas. We do offer valet service as well as self parking for your convenience, and have signs located at all entrances and doorways with the easiest access points to the hotel. I apologize that this was not the experience that you had.

We do also offer rooms with tubs and are happy to accommodate these requests whenever possible. Housekeeping provides daily service, or you can request a specific time for service via the in-room TV or iPad.

I cannot apologize enough that you had a poor experience with us and hope that you will reconsider returning so we can recoup your confidence in the future.

Thanks again for sharing your experience so we can better our operations moving forward.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I've been staying at the Radisson Blu throughout 2013 while here on business, and would recommend it to anyone staying within Chicago. The hotel itself is stunning - some amazing facilities including gym, basketball court, swimming pools, up to the restaurants and bar areas. the rooms are fantastic especially if you get one facing the pool area with views of the lake. The service from the staff is second to none, and I always leave the hotel feeling well looked after. Each and everyone of the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and appreciated, and would be doing a dis-service to all the staff if I singled-out anyone in particular. I stay in a lot of hotels with business and this is right up there as one of the best I've stayed in. A credit to the Radisson / Carlson group.

Room Tip: Anything ending in xx25 or xx23.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob M

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am thrilled that you have stayed with us several times throughout this year and that you have enjoyed every visit. I will also share your compliments with our team. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed here during the late summer for a festival we attended in Millennium Park. The location is excellent for that as are most Chicago hotels by the river. Our room was ready before noon that day, which was very nice. We were able to unpack and then enjoy the rest of our trip. The decor is circa 1960's with a modern edge. Our room had a tiny balcony and we could open the doors to let in the fresh air. We mostly used the common area for meeting the other people we were visiting with.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a memorable stay with us this past summer and that our common spaces were perfect for meeting with friends. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.