“Fantastic, fun, beautiful hotel”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Just before Christmas I rented 2 rooms for 2 nights, the kids in one, wife and in the other. We loved this hotel. It is stylish, huge rooms, great beds, wonderful service and the location is excellent - right in the heart of Chicago. We had a splendid time.

The sole development item is to please, do something about the water pressure. The shower did not spray, rather the water drooled out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith S
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Happy New Year!

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Aqua to spend some time during the Holidays. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay. I would also like to recommend you consider coming back in the summer, when the outdoor pool deck is open. I know the kids, and the parents, will love it.

As for the shower pressure, please accept my apology. If you wouldn't mind contacting me directly at pierre-louis.giacotto@radisson.com and give me the room number in which you stayed, I would be able to send someone to check it out.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for NYE. I can truly say from the time I walked up to the front door, I received the "Glad You're Here" hospitality. Every hotel employee that we encounted was on point. Check in was a piece of cake. No long lines and most of all "smiling faces" behind each of the check in stations. The hotel/room was as beautiful as the pictures that I had saw on line. Very high tech property. We could not have been in our room longer than 15 minutes before the telephone rang. I was like wait who knows Im here (lol). It was the concierge's desk. The concierge welcomed me again to hotel and ask how my stay was thus far. I mention that my room was a little on the chilly side. She explained the heating process and said that if it didn't warm up to please call back. After an hour I called concierge regarding the heating situation. She apologized and sent the engineer up to see me. Within ten minutes the engineer was knocking at my door. Very pleasant with a smile on his face. Again, I felt the "Glad you're here" hospitality. He listened to what I had to say and then told me exactly what he was going to do. It's was fixed in a matter of minutes and I began to feel the heat coming from the air vent. YES!!!!. This hotel is very beauitul. The fireplace in the lobby is to die for. So cozy and romantic. The beds are extremely comfortable and we loved the 'FREE' free wi-fi. As you can see I can't say enough good things about this property. We didn't get to eat in the restaurant or experience the spa but on our next stay, we definitely will. With all the amenities that this hotel has to offer, there was no need for us to leave the property. Our next view will definitely be a park view.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy New Year and thank you for spending the last remaining days of 2013 with us!

I am thrilled to see our staff made a difference during your stay and that they exhibited our Yes I Can! Spirit. I hope you can keep warm and that you will come back to visit us often in 2014.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The lobby is beautiful and cozy. Our room was clean and had a beautiful view with a balcony. It is close and within walking distance to just about everything. It was the perfect getaway for a stressed out couple. We will be back!!

Happy New Year!

I am glad you were able to enjoy the Holidays with us and that you were able to relax together while enjoying our hotel.

I hope you can stay warm these days and I look forward to welcoming you back soon in 2014!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

First time to Chicago and picked the Radisson Blu on a friend's recommendation. We arrived late at night and were greeted by a friendly and happy front desk staff member. He noted that we were staying on the executive level and if we wanted a drink, the lounge was only open for another 10 minutes but he would happily call the staff member on duty and ask them not to pack away the drinks and canapes until we arrived. Walked through the spectacular lobby to the elevators which we rarely needed to wait for. We got to the room which was lovely and spacious for a major US city - it was a tad 'sparkly' (flecks of silver in all the hard surfaces) but it didn't bother us after we got used to it. We made our way to the lounge and met a lovely girl on duty who was also really friendly and chatted with us about our travels and said we could stay as long as we liked and she wouldn't pack up until we were ready as we were the only ones there at that time. The bed was super comfy and the first two nights we were jet-lagged and needed sleep during the day which was made easy with blackout curtains. Every staff member we came across was fantastic and they really went out of their way to help and be friendly. The restaurant and bar were great also, as was the rooftop bar which we checked out - closed at the time but would be great in Summer. We loved Chicago so much we're planning to return and will absolutely stay here when we come back.

Room Tip: The executive level was well worth it - complimentary drinks, canapes and breakfast with a good sele...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Yes, I do agree with you, Chicago is a fabulous city!

You were staying in one of our "Mansion House" room which are very cozy and warm and offer all the convenience you might come to expect. You were also on the Business Class level and it is nice to see that you were able to experience our service there. I will share your comments with the team as they will be thrilled to see that they made a difference.

I thank you for your patronage and wish you a very Happy New Year!

Come back and visit often!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel. We stayed with them during our 36th wedding anniversary and the staff could not be more accomodating and gracious. Special kudos to Vicky, Teddy and Stephanie.
We were on the 15th floor with gorgeous views of the Chicago skyline and Millenium Park. The room had a balcony and I am sure it would have been great had the temperature not dropped to the single digits.
The rooms also are equipped with Intelity and INNCOM technologies including a neat Master Light Switch by the entrance door.
We tried the fitness center which is unlike and bigger than any other hotel fitness center I have ever seen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

First let me congratulate you on your 36th Anniversary, this is remarkable.

I am thrilled you enjoyed all the amenities including our 8,000 sq ft (yes it is correct) health club, including a basketball court and private classes offered regularly. I would suggest you celebrate again in Summer when the terrace is open and you can finally enjoy the balcony!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have to travel frequently to Chicago on business and this is my favorite. I have stayed at many others in the downtown area so have much to compare with. The lobby is beautiful and cozy. The service is excellent. The room service prices are also reasonable. I always feel like I am having a spa experience as the bathrooms in the blond rooms are so elegant but very modern. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: ask for a blond room, corner suites are large and sunny, stay away from the fire department side if...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Happy New Year!

The "blonde room" you are referring to is what we call our "Naturally Cool" rooms and are indeed very bright and offer hard wood floors. We also have another style called "Mansion House" with darker tones and beautiful carpeting. However the views vary from room to room, so if you prefer a Park view then just request one when making your reservation. It might be a slight upgrade, but might be worth it for you.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Aqua!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We chose the hotel because our daughter lives in the "loop area", but fell in love with it over our extended stay. The location is within 2 blocks of Michigan Ave and the Chicago river and close to Navy Pier area. The room was spotless; the staff outstanding; and the amenities second to none. We used the pool everyday, and in addition the basketball court often, the professional fitness area; and for warmer weather an outdoor pool and jogging area would be great. I would highly recommend the concierge level

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Happy New Year!

I am glad you mentioned our location and how central it is to all the major activities in the city of Chicago. I am sure your Daughter enjoys living in Chicago as much as we love being here!
Please come back to visit us soon and enjoy the magnificent outdoor space you were referring to.