“Lovely stay in a beautiful hotel”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Lovely stay in a beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel in the fall while on business travel, and the service, accomodations, and amenities were top notch. I love the fact that my room had hardwood floors, and the modern decor was beautiful. The location is very convenient and is close to many shopping and dining options within walking distance.The architecture of this building is also unique. I travel very often, and would most definitely stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice, clean, modern, and easily accessible hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I could not be more pleased that you loved your experience at the hotel or that you plan to return the next time you are in the city. I am also glad that the design was perfect for your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel was booked for me by my employers. It's modern, business oriented hotel. I only experienced the lobby, breakfast room and restaurant. I wasn't sure what the hotel services were as the much vaunted on screen information/cable feed didn't work for two days. The breakfast service was an impressive well oiled machine and the food was very tasty. The service in the restaurant was slow for our large table but I enjoyed the food. the rest of the hotel I experienced was a room 'warehouse'. My standard room had modern finishes but it was really sparkly and the lighting was poor. I couldn't use the ironing board without getting out my head torch to see by. However, the room was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. The room was generally quiet, I was on the 14th floor, but the cooling/heating system was a blunt instrument and a bit loud.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjyed your overall experience with us, including your breakfast in Filini. I would, however, like to apologize that the menu screens were not functioning properly and that there was not adequate lighting for your needs. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience or frustration you experienced. I hope that you will return to the hotel so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed for four days on business. My room was awesome: nice, modern furnishings, comfortable big bed, fantastically clean, big bathroom, and above all, really really really quiet. Its true that the on-line guest service information is a drag, but you can ask for a print copy at the desk. The breakfast food was excellent, the restaurant modern and light, and the staff top-notch. Another great Radisson hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I am honored that our hotel was perfect for your business needs and that every aspect of your room exceeded your expectations. I would, however, like to apologize that the menu pages were not functioning properly. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I am writing this review from my hotel room and I have to say that this is THE BEST hotel in Chicago and has THE BEST staff I have ever encountered. The restaurant FILINI is such a GREAT PLACE to dine at and it is reasonably priced. It is my new favorite restaurant in town!

My husband was celebrating his birthday and they delivered a small amenity in the hotel room. My husband was so touched. Thank you!
At check-in, Teddy handed us a drink voucher to use at the bar as he saw on our reservation that it was my husband's birthday - what a kind gesture!
The room is amazing: I like the hardwood floors and the view is magnificent!

The restaurant experience was, however, the best: Thomas was our server and he was so polite and attentionate, he always made sure we had enough bread and water on our table and he really did a great job recommending our main courses and desserts. Such a professional staff member!
We also liked the fact that the Manager Richard kept walking around the tables and speak with the guests to make sure everything was going as the guests expected.

You should be proud of your staff, I am already raving about this hotel on facebook for my friends to see! I will definitely recommend it to everyone who asks me which hotel to stay at when visiting Chicago. And Filini will definitely be recommended as well, I cannot express my gratitute enough for how special you have made our stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you so much for the raving review, I am thrilled you were able to recognize so many of our wonderful staff. I will use this as an example for the team and I know that Teddy, Richard and Thomas will be thrilled you mentioned them in person.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon, keep spreading the word!

Vermont, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Located downtown adjacent to the Chicago River, just steps from Cloud Gate and Michigan Avenue and the Loop and Michigan Avenue, on the first 18 floors of a new high-rise on Columbus Avenue near one of the city's original lakefront skyscrapers (the Prudential Building). Very friendly and professional staff. Enjoy views from each room's outdoor balcony, and the looooooong modern fireplace in the 1st floor public rooms. Our room was very classy.

Room Tip: East rooms look out to Lake Michigan. North rooms look out to the Chicago River. South rooms look...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to wlecoming you back soon to Chicago and the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago.

Have a great week!

Cary, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We were thrilled about the anthropomorphic design of the "Blu" and it's great location. No need for a rental car here, all the hot spots within a short cab ride. They upgraded us to the next size larger room and extended our stay at the same low rate when we needed to stay another day.
Most inviting is the 50 foot long fireplace in the lounge, particularly so given the 4 degree weather. All very contemporarily elegant. The two restaurants served great food, capturing all hours of the day.
From the room, you can enjoy the vista of Chicago and imagine what life was like during the roaring '20's from your ultra modernity - quite the splice of time,
We really enjoyed our stay. Thank you big "Blu"!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I see that you enjoy architecture and design as much as we do.
I do agree with you that the building and location are great, walking distance from all the major attractions in the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back, maybe this coming summer, to take advantage of all our outdoor space!

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

HavIng stayed for 4 nights with my family over New year I won't have a bad word said about the Radisson Blu. The check in was quick and courteous and the lobby area wonderful - plenty of comfy chairs set around a long, quirky, modern fire. Our room, too, was a pleasure. Just spacious enough, sparkling clean with a bright decor. The bathroom, again, was just spacious and modern. Yes, the hotel is set a little off centre but you should check that before you book it. Everyone who worked there was pleasant, chatty and friendly and they, plus the hotel itself, made our welcome to 2014 perfect.

Stayed December 2013
I am glad to see you chose our hotel for starting 2014 on a good note!
I certainly hope to be welcoming you back this summer if you can once the weather warms up a little.