“Beautiful Hotel”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #24 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel is fantastic. It's interesting from the outside (and adds to the fantastic Chicago skyline) and beautiful inside. The lounge area in the foyer is beautiful and very unique with the stunning fireplace. We had a free upgrade and complimentary chocolates for our 5 night stay because it was our anniversary. We were given a large room with a balcony and we had a view of Navy pier from one window and Millennium Park from the other. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfy. This hotel is in a great location. 5 minute walk from Millennium Park and a 10 minute walk to the start of the Magnificent mile. We had an amazing time in Chicago and the hotel was a big part of that. Only negative I would have to say is that the bar staff were not very friendly and the concierge staff were hit and miss. Have to say that our housekeeper was amazing! Tip for breakfast - try Wildberry's which is opposite Millennium park - 5 mins away. It's rated #2 of all Chicago restaurants and is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: If you are celebrating a special occasion, mention it when booking, as you may be lucky and get a co...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MAGGIE M
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that the hotel made your Chicago experience even better! I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

Reviewed 22 January 2014

i found the hotel to be visually incredible and the service and food to be first rate. my first time in chicago in many years and now i have a place i know i will always go to. incredible spot! the staff could not have been more warm and the rooms were also very spacious. secret meal you must get there is the hamburger with truffle fries - insanely good

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful compliments! I could not be happier that you had a great stay with us or that you have found your new home here in the city. I will share you comments with our team and Chef! I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We pulled up and were greeted by a friendly doorman who helped with our luggage and told us about the history of the hotel and its amenities. My husband and I took advantage of the work out facilities, the sauna,steam, pool and basketball court. The room was lovely overlooking the park. The deep soaker tub was my favorite. The room service food was excellent. I would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob B
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you and your husband had such a great experience with us and that you were able to utilize the work out facilities. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Ever since I saw the building under construction, and then once completed I knew I had to experience this venue, and I am so thankful I finally did. Chicago can be brutal in the winter, but hotel rates are super low vs. summer so I decided to drive there from St. Louis. Hit some major snow along the way but that was all good once I checked into the Radisson Blu Aqua. What a masterpiece. This chic boutique hotel is worth the visit; super lobby, awesome rooms and views and exceptional staff. The rooms are "high-tech", (lights go on automatically, secure key cards etc). Overall a great experience even with the snow. Word of advise-parking is $61/night plus tax so I suggest parking in the Millenium garage about 2 blocks away---$30 a night--still high but if you stay a couple of nights, you can save a few dollars. The hotel is just off Michigan Avenue and close to the major shopping areas and other venues, but it's sort of tucked away in it's own area and just a few extra minutes to get to certain areas of Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor (the hotel takes up the first 18 floors of this 81 story building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am happy that your stay was fantastic and made it worth driving through a snow storm. I am also happy that you loved the room and design of the building. I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel is excellent and the staff at all levels were very courteous, friendly and helpful. The room was modern and very clean; it is excellent value within a prime location - best hotel in Chicago with competitive room rates, I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I could not be happier that you had such a great experience at the hotel and that you plan to return soon. I am also glad that our team was helpful and that the location was ideal for your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel in the fall while on business travel, and the service, accomodations, and amenities were top notch. I love the fact that my room had hardwood floors, and the modern decor was beautiful. The location is very convenient and is close to many shopping and dining options within walking distance.The architecture of this building is also unique. I travel very often, and would most definitely stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice, clean, modern, and easily accessible hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I could not be more pleased that you loved your experience at the hotel or that you plan to return the next time you are in the city. I am also glad that the design was perfect for your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel was booked for me by my employers. It's modern, business oriented hotel. I only experienced the lobby, breakfast room and restaurant. I wasn't sure what the hotel services were as the much vaunted on screen information/cable feed didn't work for two days. The breakfast service was an impressive well oiled machine and the food was very tasty. The service in the restaurant was slow for our large table but I enjoyed the food. the rest of the hotel I experienced was a room 'warehouse'. My standard room had modern finishes but it was really sparkly and the lighting was poor. I couldn't use the ironing board without getting out my head torch to see by. However, the room was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. The room was generally quiet, I was on the 14th floor, but the cooling/heating system was a blunt instrument and a bit loud.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjyed your overall experience with us, including your breakfast in Filini. I would, however, like to apologize that the menu screens were not functioning properly and that there was not adequate lighting for your needs. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience or frustration you experienced. I hope that you will return to the hotel so we can recoup your confidence in us.