“Hip and fresh !”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #23 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very nice modern contemporary hotel. Great service , location , and staff that made my downtown weekendgreat. Recommend it if your traveling for biz or just a casual stay in the city . Very new and very clean !!! The staff was very accommodating and did whatever was needed to make the stay as perfect as possible I would give the hotel 4 41/2 stars and and price was very appropriate for the stay!

• Stayed: January 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your review! I could not be more pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you would reccommend us for both business and leisure travelers. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Rooms were excellent, very clean and smartly appointed but service was slow to the point that they couldn't check me in 30 mins with their computer's.

A nice benefit though is any Tesla owners can valet their car and they have charges available.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us, especially the design of the rooms. I would, however, like to apologize that there was a delay with your arrival process. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this caused for you. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

All of the staff were very nice and helpful! The rooms were very quiet and the bed and pillows were quite comfortable. A beautiful and clean hotel! We will definitely be staying here again when we're in the area!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled you loved your experience with us and that you plan to return the next time you are in Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The staff seemed to be anywhere I needed them and not around when I didn't. The food was great, the hotel was beautiful and the overall experience was awesome. If I was in the area again, I would certainly look at staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex3112014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such a great stay and that our team was helpful with all of your needs. I will share your compliments with each of them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great hotel, nice location, quite neighbourhood, have to walk a few blocks for almost everything. Room are great and very modern. but, do not pay extra for the "view upgrade". is not worth it, and is still obstructed view. so save that money. otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am happy that your enjoyed your time at the hotel. I would, however, like to apologize that you were disappointed with the view from your room. The ParkView rooms do features views of either Millenium Park or Lake Shore East Park. I am truly sorry that this is not the view you anticipated. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I ended up here via Hotwire and I must say, this stay had me at Radisson.com checking out their other properties.

Check-in was easy and friendly. I was offered to join the Carlson Club and after mullling was offered a corner room in exchange joining. I figured why not. Best decision. The corner room (the one I had ended in 04) was just lovely. The best part is the huge balcony and long hallway. This gave the room feel of an apartment. Unfortunately it's January in Chicago so I stood on and enjoyed the balcony for .00432484 seconds. The room also had hardwood floors with a rain shower and very deep tub. Only two things I didn't like: the desk chair is not comfortable for individuals with thick/muscular things. It's a very narrow chair. Also the room really could have used dimmers. I had trouble finding the right lighting.

I used the fitness area and it's really nice. Probably because the hotel and residences share the same space. There's a half basketball court, media room and game room. It's worth heading down to check them out even if you don't use them.

The location is ideal. Just a couple blocks east of Michigan. The 6 bus stops just a block away.

I love this hotel, but I think it's best in the summer time. What's the point of a balcony if you can't enjoy it?! I already booked a larger room for the summer and plan to invite some friends over for drinks and enjoying view of the park.

I also think it's an excellent hotel for families. The basketball court and game room gives your children something to do during those slower moments of vacation or if your children want to feel independent.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the long hallways which give a home-like feel. Also has more balcony space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I could not be happier that you loved your stay so much that you have already booked again for this summer! I am also glad that you liked the room upgrade and amenities. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Because my company has corporate rates, I normally stay across the street at the Fairmont. They were sold out, so I tried the Blu across the street....what a find! It is uber-contemporary and just has that "cool" vibe to it, and to top it off - the staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. I dined at their restaurant Fellini - amazing food, so don't miss that. And the room service for my early breakfast was delivered by Koffi, an employee with the warmest smile and fantastic service. Radisson Blu Aqua will now be my preferred hotel on my frequent trips to Chicago!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to be your new favorite hotel here in Chicago! I will certainly share your compliments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.