“First Chicago Visit”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami
“First Chicago Visit”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was the first time for us in Chicago and the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel made our visit extremely special. The location could not be better. Although it was cold and snowing, we were able to walk to the Millenium Park, the Navy Pier as well as several restaurants just a few blocks away from the hotel which made it convenient.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had such a great experience with us despite the cold winter we have been having! I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (783)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel again and really enjoyed are stay. Great views, comfortable room. A gem on the lakefront. Highly recommended for anyone staying downtown. Indoor pool a plus, fantastic health club and a top notch restaurant.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you loved your stay or that you were impressed by the hotel's amenities. We appreciate your kind words! I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel amenities are the best in the city! The health club was better than any other hotel and there is access to a lap pool -and basketball court-so rare for a hotel. Friendly staff, cozy and welcoming and minutes away from everywhere you want to visit in Chicago.

• Stayed February 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I could not be happier that you loved your stay with us or that you plan to return whenever you are in the city! I look forward to welcoming you back!

Elgin
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Radisson Blu was a wonderful place to spend the weekend. It's a short walk to Michigan Ave and many other shopping/ restaurants. Our room was spacious, clean, and well maintained. We really enjoyed the style of the hotel. Staff was welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am happy you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

WOW! This hotel is the bomb! By far the most stylish, hippiest, classiest I ever stayed in! The Aqua building is designed by award winning architect and MacArthur Genius Grant recipient, Jeanne Gang. (Did my homeworks. ;)

Let me start by saying that we frequent to many high-end luxury hotels and resorts when we go on getaways with a fair enough pricing, nothing to break the bank. What makes it beat out our last stay at the luxurious New York Palace (NYC, midtown) is that this one, Radisson Blu Aqua of Chicago is not just classy, romantic and gorgeous (cannot praise enough!), but the manager, Jeff Kramer (hope I got his name right) is so professional and patient with us. We called for direction when we were spinning in circles around the tall landscapes of architectural artsy buildings. He navigated us to the hotel, even waited with us on traffic lights. (I didn't know he's the top dawg when I spoke with him on my phone, so humble and polite! I found that out when checking in the hotel. The equally polite staff member told me so. I took a glimpse of him, when he was busy courteously helping some other guests with smiles in their faces.) Staffs are super friendly throughout the hotel...from valet, to front and back office staff (chatted with Lisa). Everybody made us feel so welcome! Radisson chain should be proud!

Even more surprise, Jeff even perked us with a free upgrade to an upper-level king corner deluxe suite upon arrival.

The lobby is so sleek, modern, and stylish with contemporary decor. At the same time, It's cozy with that lounge seating area with a wall fireplace. It's like a piece of art! Even the lobby restroom were classy.

Our room, this is not just any room but this is a suite fit for a rock star and a diva! It has a balcony overlooking a part of the lake and the park. It's a stylist room with a walk-in area to a separate room, leading to a sleek, clean bathroom with frosted sliding glass door between the spa rainshower and the toilet on the other separate room. My favorite, a spa tub also! That night, got some Epsom salt and lavender from CVS conveniently located next door.

After checking in a few hours ago and still enjoying our retreat, just chillaxing in comfort, we didn't even want to leave the suite. I need my beauty power nap now before I explore Chicago. Thanks for a memorable experience of Chicago Radisson Blu Aqua. Memory for a lifetime.❤

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience! I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful compliments about our team and the design of the hotel and your room. I will certainly share these with Jeffrey, Lisa and the rest of our team. I hope that rest of your stay is equally enjoyable and that we see you everytime you visit Chicago.

Algonquin, Illinois
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Highly recommend this hotel. From the valet that took our bags at the curb to the check in staff,room service,wait staff,food and all around beauty, this atmosphere is warm friendly and welcoming. What a treat. If you want to feel like a million bucks, make a reservation. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I could not be more pleased that you loved your experience with us or that our team made you feel special throughout your stay! I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Clarendon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We ate dinner at Fellini in the hotel, I ordered the Scallops with Risotto, it was delicious!
The hotel room was very comfortable, beautifully decorated, very clean. Pricing is good for downtown Chicago. The location is awesome, beautiful parks across the street.
We will definitely go back to Blu Aqua!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay at the hotel and meal in Filini. I will share your compliments with the Chef and the rest of our team. I hope to welcome you back soon!