“Unforgettable!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Red Deer, Canada
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I were married on February 7th, and we chose to spend our honeymoon weekend here. We definitely made the right choice!

Navigating the parking garage on our own was a little confusing, but the valet was friendly, quick, and at a reasonable rate by comparison. The hotel is simply gorgeous, both inside and out. The staff gave us their best service, always helpful and making us feel more than welcome. We didn't expect to be given so much as soon as we checked in! Pierce was the man we met at the desk, and he graciously upgraded our room to a corner suite at no extra cost! The view was fantastic!

The room itself was cozy, warm, clean, and quiet, just what we needed after travelling. The room design was very contemporary and modern, from the bathroom to the lighting to the furniture and decor. We were soon surprised again by the staff, who arrived at our suite and gave us champagne, vouchers for a free breakfast at their Filini restaurant, and a signed card of congratulations! Everyone was so friendly and kind to us!

Room service was delivered in the time expected, and the food was delicious, absolutely hit the spot. All throughout our stay, we were never rushed about or made to feel as though we were in the way. The valet gave us directions on the street when my phone's map got confused. The staff at the counter had maps on hand, and if anyone came up with questions about the city, he pulled out a map and drew clear directions right there for them. Our room was immaculate and we were never disturbed by other guests - we could hear a few doors in the hall somewhere, but it was never enough to disturb us greatly.

I will give a review to Filini Restaurant on their own page on this website, but to sum up our breakfast and surprise dessert, everything was amazing! Especially the milk and honey dessert, my husband and I HIGHLY recommend it!

We will definitely be coming back to the Radisson Blu! Thank you for the wonderful experience, and for making our honeymoon unforgettable!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Congratulations! I am honored that you spent such a special weekend with us, and I am happy that our team helped make your time in the city extra special! I appreciate you kind words about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago! Congratulations again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Essex, UK
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My company hosted an annual conference here and as such, I stayed for a week at the Radisson Blu. I know Radisson doesn't have a great reputation nationally but they're definitely on top of their game in Chicago.

Some of the aspects of the hotel which particularly impressed are:

- The gym is excellently equipped. It serves rest of the Aqua building and so is large with a wide range of machines. It even has a half basketball court.

- The restaurant serves good food and the service is excellent. The staff are most accommodating and attentive (without being intrusive).

- Great Wifi coverage more or less throughout. Working and keeping in touch with home wasn't a problem.

- Friendly, helpful staff.

The conference facilities are effective; and the catering was of a good standard and efficiently executed.

In short, I’d stay again.

Just one constructive remark: ideally, the room service menu would be more extensive. I found the available selection quite limited. Oh, and flooding the gym more comprehensively with Wifi would also be appreciated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you had a great experience at the hotel and throughout your meetings with us! I am also happy that you enjoyed Filini! We appreciate your suggestions for improvement and will look further into these with our team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome both you and your group back soon!

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Cool building design, helpful staff, good food, and a clean place.The restaurant is great if your looking to dine in and it's Chicago so there is plenty of good food and things to do nearby. Try to get a corner room, good chance that you will get a wrap around balcony.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am thrilled that you loved both your time at the hotel and your meal in Filini. I am also glad that our location was perfect for exploring the city. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel, in terms of its architecture and decor, and its customer service. I only stayed for one night, but wish I could have stayed longer. I got full use out of the gym, which was huge, and was equipped with state of the art machines, stocked well with yoga mats, has a separate room for stretches, and a basketball court. I loved the bathroom - deep bathtub, separate shower with excellent water pressure, and sleek and efficient use of space (sliding/pocket doors). Ordered room service and the portions were excellent - pricey as one might expect for room service, but well worth it, the quality of food was superb. The shining star of my stay was the customer service. When I arrived, the hotel was in the midst of dealing with a fire alarm, and there were officials everywhere, it was slightly chaotic, but the hotel manager was on the scene explaining to all the customers and expressing gratitude for everyone's patience. Every member of the staff was courteous and extremely professional. I would most definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you loved your experience with us and that you were able to utilize our amenities such as the gym and room service. I will also share your compliments with our team! I look forward to welcoming you back!

michigan
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We came to the Radisson Blu in Chicago for my birthday weekend. My daughter and I had stayed before in the fall. We were so impressed we wanted to take my husband for a family weekend.

The location cannot be beat! We take the Southshore Train line into Millennium park. Its a short 3 block walk to the hotel. We went ice skating at Millennium park this trip, same short 3 block walk to the ice rink. We went to Navy Pier for the snow sculpture festival, a quick cab ride from the hotel. (In the past we have easily walked it but it was bitter cold so we chose a cab instead.) Also the hotel is next door to a CVS, want some snacks or forgot something? Its right next door.

The staff is always very friendly! The check in lady welcomes us, the doormen always say hello. Its a very friendly hotel. ( I hate hotels where you feel you are bothering them by asking to checkin.) Everyone we pass in the hallway says hello.

The room, this time we had a corner room. What a treat! All the windows and the view was amazing. It was a perfect room for this visit. I enjoyed the large bathroom with the soaking tub. With the sea glass green colors on the wall it felt like a spa retreat. Our previous room stay had the glittery black bathroom which the two teenage girl loved. But I prefer this quiet green and white color scheme. Either way the rooms are amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Happy birthday! Thank you for returning to the hotel and celebrating with us! I am thrilled that you loved your experience and that you like both of our room designs. I am also glad that the location was ideal for both your travel and exploring the city! I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Really enjoyed the hotel. Friendly staff, good food and very clean. Location is also fantastic as it is just a small walk to the shopping area. Happy I stayed here for the extra day after the conference.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments! I could not be happier that you stayed an extra day to enjoy the hotel and Chicago! I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Beijing, China
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed mid January and had a wonderful stay. Staff is very helpful looked after us . Upon check in my room was upgraded , agent was very nice and offered free breakfast for the wait in line to check in and for our room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled you loved your stay and that our team was helpful. I will be sure to share your compliments with each of them. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!