“Best Hotel in downtown Chicago!!!!”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
poplar grove
“Best Hotel in downtown Chicago!!!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've stayed in several hotels in Chicago for over 30 years.Radisson Blu exceeded my expectations! I never felt like I was in a busy city until I went on the spacious party deck where the city views were amazing! I will never stay anywhere else but here from now on. The service, room, front desk, restuarant and bar were one of superb excellence! Can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed March 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I can't tell you how happy we are that you had such a fantastic experience and that we are your new favorite hotel in Chicago! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua for his birthday, and overall had a very good experience. The hotel is impressive from the outside, towering and striking amidst the other skyscrapers around it. It is conveniently adjacent to Millennium Park and the Art Institute, and walking distance to most of the shops and sights we wanted to experience. The staff were extremely friendly and professional throughout our stay: front desk to restaurant to housekeeping. The second and third floor have excellent fitness facilities, and the restaurant's bar and restaurant were both quite good. The room, however, looked tired - the sheer curtain on the door to the balcony was ripped, our bedding had a tear in the cover and the sheets were very thin, and the chair's seat was fraying. The room is very modern and soothing, but I was surprised at worn it seemed. They were updating the lobby at the time of our stay; hopefully the rooms will be next. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it for those seeking a unique urban experience.

Room Tip: We chose a "city view," which afforded a view of the Wrigley Building to the west and Navy...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you and your husband had a wonderful time celebrating his birthday throughout the city. I am truly sorry that some of the items in your room were worn. I am addressing your comments with our team so that we can ensure all of our rooms are up to the proper standard in the future. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellent staff, rooms, and views. If you like non-pretentious modern, this is it. I particularly liked the waterfall stall shower, and the well-lit full length mirrors. Room service food was good, and not unreasonable.

• Stayed March 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I can't tell you how happy we are that you loved your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago. Thanks again!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu while attending the American College of Healthcare Executives annual Congress meeting last week. It is a beautiful hotel, very clean and modern. The rooms are so nice and no detail was spared. I love the laminate flooring- it really makes the room feel clean. I have some food sensitivities, and the chef was great about accomodating my needs. The location is great- just a couple of blocks off of Michigan Ave- walking distance from many great restaurants, and a short cab ride from many others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that your meetings went so well and that you loved your experience at the hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed the design of your room and that our location was perfect for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Comstock Park, Michigan
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Spent a weekend here celebrating my 50th! What a wonderful experience! From the doorman, to check-in, to room service - excellent. They really made us feel special. Our room was beautifully appointed, loved the bed and the bathroom! Will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Chicago!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Happy birthday! Thank you for spending your special celebration with us! I am honored that you loved your experience and that our team helped make it even more special. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've stayed here twice and the room is perfect!! I love their décor and especially the bathroom, yes the bathroom! I love the sparkly floor tiles in there. I fell in love as soon I walked in this hotel. Their service is great. No complaints, every time a take a trip to Chicago this is the place to stay...:)

Room Tip: When booking a room, balcony is a must!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your review! We are honored that you have loved each of your stays, especially the design of the bathroom! I hope that we see you again soon!

Lake Oswego
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The rooms have just what you need and are very efficient. I appreciated the free water bottle in the room too. Very clean and new. The hotel and bar are expensive, but the room is a good value. 15 minute walk to train and close to financial district.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled that you loved your stay and that the location was ideal for your needs. I am also glad that the complimentary bottled water was a great addition for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back!