“Great hotel”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #23 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stay at this hotel everytime I visit Chicago! It's clean and beautiful and the staff is nothing but nice and courteous! The Filini bar serves really great drinks and food for a reasonable price. The fitness center is amazing!! There are free weights, weight machines, dumbells, kettlebells, elipticals, bikes, treadmills, even a half court basketball court. A crossfitters dream hotel gym. Love this hotel and will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: There are 2 choices - a natural room, which is wood floors and neutral colors...or a modern room wit...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We couldn't be happier that the fitness facilities exceeded your expectations and was perfect for your needs! I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I refuse to stay anywhere else in Chicago, after this visit.

Recommended by a colleague, as a single woman travelling alone, it can be nerve-wracking to find comfort in a metropolitan city - here, I was able to find refuge in modern and updated facilities, with an amazing staff.

The amenities were extraordinary - my only regret is NOT spending more time in my room. The location was fantastic - near Millenium Park, "The Bean" and great dining in the area. The staff were able to provide me with some viable options on dining around the hotel.

New facilities, clean rooms, superluxe beds. I could not ask for more.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are where it's at! Forego the high floors for a corner room, if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you loved your experience and that you would recommend us to others! I couldn't be happier that you felt so safe and that you won't stay anywhere else for your trips to Chicago. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the Radisson. Very helpful staff in all areas of the hotel. Good views. Nice restaurant, coffee shop and bar. Reasonable bedrooms. Awesome bathrooms! And a great location. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! We are honored that you loved you stay and that you plan to return soon! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've stayed in several hotels in Chicago for over 30 years.Radisson Blu exceeded my expectations! I never felt like I was in a busy city until I went on the spacious party deck where the city views were amazing! I will never stay anywhere else but here from now on. The service, room, front desk, restuarant and bar were one of superb excellence! Can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience! I can't tell you how happy we are that you had such a fantastic experience and that we are your new favorite hotel in Chicago! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua for his birthday, and overall had a very good experience. The hotel is impressive from the outside, towering and striking amidst the other skyscrapers around it. It is conveniently adjacent to Millennium Park and the Art Institute, and walking distance to most of the shops and sights we wanted to experience. The staff were extremely friendly and professional throughout our stay: front desk to restaurant to housekeeping. The second and third floor have excellent fitness facilities, and the restaurant's bar and restaurant were both quite good. The room, however, looked tired - the sheer curtain on the door to the balcony was ripped, our bedding had a tear in the cover and the sheets were very thin, and the chair's seat was fraying. The room is very modern and soothing, but I was surprised at worn it seemed. They were updating the lobby at the time of our stay; hopefully the rooms will be next. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it for those seeking a unique urban experience.

Room Tip: We chose a "city view," which afforded a view of the Wrigley Building to the west and Navy...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you and your husband had a wonderful time celebrating his birthday throughout the city. I am truly sorry that some of the items in your room were worn. I am addressing your comments with our team so that we can ensure all of our rooms are up to the proper standard in the future. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellent staff, rooms, and views. If you like non-pretentious modern, this is it. I particularly liked the waterfall stall shower, and the well-lit full length mirrors. Room service food was good, and not unreasonable.

• Stayed: March 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I can't tell you how happy we are that you loved your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago. Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu while attending the American College of Healthcare Executives annual Congress meeting last week. It is a beautiful hotel, very clean and modern. The rooms are so nice and no detail was spared. I love the laminate flooring- it really makes the room feel clean. I have some food sensitivities, and the chef was great about accomodating my needs. The location is great- just a couple of blocks off of Michigan Ave- walking distance from many great restaurants, and a short cab ride from many others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that your meetings went so well and that you loved your experience at the hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed the design of your room and that our location was perfect for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back.