“I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Chicago” 5 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orlando, Florida
“I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great service at every corner and beautiful hotel. We were accommodated in a corner room with two views of the city, which included Millenium Park, Navy Pier, and Lake Michigan. The hotel location is steps away from everything downtown. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa P
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that we are your new favorite hotel in Chicago and that you plan to return every time you are in the city! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lodi, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We decided to get away for a few days on Spring Break with our college kids. We were so glad we did and even more so that we chose to stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua. Ever staff person we encountered went up and above to make sure our stay was perfect. And the hotel facility is superb - conveniently located, exquisitely maintained, uniquely and tastefully designed, and with many wonderful amenities. There is great attention given to details to make you feel welcome. We especially enjoyed The Lounge on the 17th Floor with the daily continental breakfast and evening refreshments. When next in downtown Chicago, we know where we will be staying. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul and Karen M
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you loved your stay and have found your new favorite hotel in Chicago! I am also glad that you enjoyed the Business Lounge. I look forward to inviting you and your family back soon!

South Lyon, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Sounds like reading other reviews I didn't get to enjoy half of the treats at the Radisson Blu Aqua in my one night stay. We selected the hotel because of how close it was to our planned business meetings. I was on the 9th floor facing the park and water (view of the Lake was mostly obstructed by other tall buildings) and it did have some of the noise of a great city (I'm a New Yorker). That evening there was a fair amount of wind, and you could really hear it. But the hotel used a really good architect and designer - modern and calming and lots of beautiful interest - like a wonderful white 3 dimensional tile wall in the lobby restaurant/bar and a really inventive art piece above the bed which, upon closer look, was just papers stitched together to create a similar 3-D texture. Bathroom was large and modern (square and glass is in) with both a large deep tub and large walk-in shower, both with tasteful grab bars.

My room was mostly maple and white - no carpet - and a very large window looking out on the city lights. A colleague had very calming aqua carpeting. And with modern came very clean! Comfortable bed, great lighting, a refrig.

Elevators seemed to be everywhere. We ate a quick bite in the downstairs bar and quick restaurant - didn't go to the nicer upstairs one. Food was tasty, service was really good.

Service at the front desk - outstanding! They remembered things you asked about and followed up (like I asked for a boarding pass more than 24 hours before, and they reminded me and offered again within the 24-hour window).

I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such a great experience and that our team was helpful throughout your stay. I am also glad that you liked both of the room designs and the modern feel of the lobby and bar. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I lived in Chicago for many years and have since moved. I've returned many times for visits. I was pleasantly delighted and surprised with my stay at the Blu Aqua. I'd planned to stay at another Radisson, but could not book on line. I was quite frazzled when I arrived; a long drive in with traffic. The check in people immediately helped me relax and offered me valet parking for my car, at a good price, rather than driving in and out of garage. I look forward to running along Lake Michigan each time I visit Chicago. However, the state of the art fitness room and pool provided stiff competition. This Radisson is in a plum location- right on the Chicago river. Their prices were quite reasonable; no more than other hotels in the area that either look a little tired around the edges or too corporate looking. The lobby, restaurant and rooms are delightfully appointed- elegant yet relaxing. I look forward to returning.! Lisa Foster San Antonio, Texas

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa F
I can't thank you enough for your fantastic review! We are thrilled that you loved the hotel and the fitness facilities. I am also glad that the design was perfect for your needs. I hope we see you again soon!

Charleston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stay at this hotel everytime I visit Chicago! It's clean and beautiful and the staff is nothing but nice and courteous! The Filini bar serves really great drinks and food for a reasonable price. The fitness center is amazing!! There are free weights, weight machines, dumbells, kettlebells, elipticals, bikes, treadmills, even a half court basketball court. A crossfitters dream hotel gym. Love this hotel and will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: There are 2 choices - a natural room, which is wood floors and neutral colors...or a modern room wit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We couldn't be happier that the fitness facilities exceeded your expectations and was perfect for your needs! I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I refuse to stay anywhere else in Chicago, after this visit.

Recommended by a colleague, as a single woman travelling alone, it can be nerve-wracking to find comfort in a metropolitan city - here, I was able to find refuge in modern and updated facilities, with an amazing staff.

The amenities were extraordinary - my only regret is NOT spending more time in my room. The location was fantastic - near Millenium Park, "The Bean" and great dining in the area. The staff were able to provide me with some viable options on dining around the hotel.

New facilities, clean rooms, superluxe beds. I could not ask for more.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are where it's at! Forego the high floors for a corner room, if possible.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you loved your experience and that you would recommend us to others! I couldn't be happier that you felt so safe and that you won't stay anywhere else for your trips to Chicago. We look forward to seeing you soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the Radisson. Very helpful staff in all areas of the hotel. Good views. Nice restaurant, coffee shop and bar. Reasonable bedrooms. Awesome bathrooms! And a great location. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We are honored that you loved you stay and that you plan to return soon! We look forward to welcoming you back!