“Classy and Affordable”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Classy and Affordable”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed for 4 nights for a vacation in the windy city in April. The hotel is really very classy and the rates are very affordable. The rooms have clean lines and the bed was very comfy after walking around the city all day. The staff, especially the guys at the front of the lobby, were always very helpful when we needed a taxi or directions to a local tourist site. Millenium Park is just across the street and the Art Museum is a short 10 minute walk. We also walked to the Field Museum, but it took about 30 minutes. Everything in the hotel room was fantastic! On the business class floor there is free wifi and continental breakfast (which we never took advantage of!). Also, there is an in room charging station with every connection imaginable for your electronics. If you didn't bring your ipad there was one available for your use. A special treat for me was the oversized tub and lovely bath salts available for a hot soak after a long day of walking. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We enjoyed a great view from the 18th floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! We could not be happier that you had such a great stay or that you loved your room. I am glad that the location allowed you to walk to all of your favorite destinations and that you were able to relax in your room after a long day! I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed 7 April 2014

No issues, 2 nights in Chicago over a weekend for a Monday business meeting. Short walk to great steakhouse (Benny's Chop House), wonderful gym and 2 lap 25m indoor pool. All so central and good value.

Room Tip: King bed very comfortable
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled you loved your experience, especially the pool and gym. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I went for a night in Chicago and ended up never leaving the hotel! The business lounge offered cocktails and appetizers and we met lovely people there. Next we ate at Filini's. Our waiter Dominick was fun and our dinner was delicious! We followed dinner with a drink in the lounge. Allison was our adorable waitress. I have never stayed any where for such a short time and learned so many names and faces! Pierre Giacotto, the General Manager, greeted us in the lobby and the time there just kept getting better and better! Not to mention, we had an amazing night sleep on the great bed!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review! It was an honor to meet you during your stay, and we are truly thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience with us! I will be sure to share your compliments with Dominic, Allison and the rest of our team. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, really enjoyed staying here, located in the hart of the city within walking distance of Michigan Av. Rooms are very good and quiet. Personnel is very friendly, nice breakfast. When visiting Chicago, this is the hotel of choice !

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChrisDePaepe
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am thrilled that you had a great visit and that you plan to return again the next time you are in the city. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great service at every corner and beautiful hotel. We were accommodated in a corner room with two views of the city, which included Millenium Park, Navy Pier, and Lake Michigan. The hotel location is steps away from everything downtown. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa P
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that we are your new favorite hotel in Chicago and that you plan to return every time you are in the city! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Lodi, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We decided to get away for a few days on Spring Break with our college kids. We were so glad we did and even more so that we chose to stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua. Ever staff person we encountered went up and above to make sure our stay was perfect. And the hotel facility is superb - conveniently located, exquisitely maintained, uniquely and tastefully designed, and with many wonderful amenities. There is great attention given to details to make you feel welcome. We especially enjoyed The Lounge on the 17th Floor with the daily continental breakfast and evening refreshments. When next in downtown Chicago, we know where we will be staying. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul and Karen M
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you loved your stay and have found your new favorite hotel in Chicago! I am also glad that you enjoyed the Business Lounge. I look forward to inviting you and your family back soon!

South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Sounds like reading other reviews I didn't get to enjoy half of the treats at the Radisson Blu Aqua in my one night stay. We selected the hotel because of how close it was to our planned business meetings. I was on the 9th floor facing the park and water (view of the Lake was mostly obstructed by other tall buildings) and it did have some of the noise of a great city (I'm a New Yorker). That evening there was a fair amount of wind, and you could really hear it. But the hotel used a really good architect and designer - modern and calming and lots of beautiful interest - like a wonderful white 3 dimensional tile wall in the lobby restaurant/bar and a really inventive art piece above the bed which, upon closer look, was just papers stitched together to create a similar 3-D texture. Bathroom was large and modern (square and glass is in) with both a large deep tub and large walk-in shower, both with tasteful grab bars.

My room was mostly maple and white - no carpet - and a very large window looking out on the city lights. A colleague had very calming aqua carpeting. And with modern came very clean! Comfortable bed, great lighting, a refrig.

Elevators seemed to be everywhere. We ate a quick bite in the downstairs bar and quick restaurant - didn't go to the nicer upstairs one. Food was tasty, service was really good.

Service at the front desk - outstanding! They remembered things you asked about and followed up (like I asked for a boarding pass more than 24 hours before, and they reminded me and offered again within the 24-hour window).

I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had such a great experience and that our team was helpful throughout your stay. I am also glad that you liked both of the room designs and the modern feel of the lobby and bar. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!