“Amazing hotel and great location!”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We loved absolutely everything about this hotel. My husband and I just took our first trip to Chicago for a long weekend and could not have chosen a better place! We were celebrating our anniversary so we were upgraded to a balcony corner room with a great view of Navy Pier, and we also had a lovely dessert plate waiting in our room with an anniversary message. The room was very modern and spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. I often wake up with back pain when I sleep anywhere other than home and had no problems with the bed at all. One thing worth noting is that there is no lock on the sliding bathroom door and the door that slides between the shower and toilet is just frosted glass. If you're comfortable with the person you're traveling with it should be no issue at all!

Every single staff member we encountered in our few days was friendly and helpful and we were always greeted with a smile. We didn't have a chance to eat in the restaurant at the hotel but we did try the bar and we absolutely loved it. There is a great atmosphere and they have "true" bartenders that are very good at what they do. It's very easy walking distance to almost everything we wanted to do, which was a huge plus. The only time we had to use public transportation was to and from the airport, and to Wrigley Field. Make sure to try breakfast at Wildberry just around the corner; it was the best breakfast I've ever had! Should we ever make it back to Chicago, there is nowhere else we would stay!

2  Thank Michaels017
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for your review! We are honored that you loved your stay and that you would not want to stay anywhere else in the city! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Man, this was one of the better hotels I've stayed in, the rooms, the ambiance were exceptional. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I'm planning a return trip to chicago in a few months and I'll definitely be staying here again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are honored that you had such a great stay and that you plan to return in a couple of months. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua for a night for business in the city including a conference. I travel a lot for business and the Radisson Blu was a very nice hotel to stay in. The decor was very modern and comfortable. The room size was average but the bed and bathroom were superior to many of the places I stay. The restaurant was a little pricey for lunch but the food and service were excellent! The hotel staff overall was very friendly and helpful. The only challenge I had was getting my devices connected up the hotel internet. My laptop worked fine but I could not get my iPad or phone to connect to the hotel. I would definitely stay there again given the chance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a great stay and that you hope to return during your next visit in Chicago. I would, however, like to apologize that you had difficulty connecting your iPad to the hotel internet. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Radisson Blu Aqua for a long weekend in Chicago and had a great stay. The staff were great, the room was wonderful and the location was fantastic.

Having said that... a few things to be aware of. 1) They will place a $75 hold on your credit card at check-in. Nowhere were we informed of this up front. Not a huge deal, but I've never stayed at a hotel anywhere in the world that has put a hold up front rather than just taking a card number for incidentals. It took a few days after checkout for the hold to be released from our card. 2) Parking is exorbitantly expensive. There is no mention anywhere on the Radisson Blu Aqua website of fees for parking. We arrived by car to find that the parking is in a public lot under the building and it cost us $141 to park for three nights. Ouch. It would have been nice to have this information up front to factor into the price-per-night when we made our decision of where to stay.

We stayed in one of the most basic rooms, but it still delivered in terms of space, cleanliness and amenities and was easy on our budget. The room was a generous size with large floor-to-ceiling windows (no balcony) overlooking the city and the lake. The room and decor were modern, the linens were good quality and clean, and the bed was really comfy.

The location is great - within walking distance of Michigan Ave, Millennium Park, John Hancock, Willis Tower and several other Chicago staples. It was also a quick, cheap cab ride to other places like the Museum of Science and Industry, Second City and Lincoln Park.

Overall a pretty good stay for the money we paid. We'll probably stay again the next time we're in Chicago.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grateful_travels
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you and your husband enjoyed your experience with us and plan to return the next time you are in Chicago. I would, however, like to apologize that you were not aware of the cost of parking. We do have this information posted on our website, at every garage entrance and at the front of the hotel. We also work closely with the parking company to ensure that our rates are less than or equal to our competitors. I also apologize that the incidental hold was not better explained. Similar to most full service hotels, we take a hold upon arrival so that you can charge things such as parking, room service and laundry to your room. This is just an authorization, and we do not charge your card until you actually check out. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I reserved a king room and when we arrived, I was told that there was not a king available. When I questioned why since I had reserved a king, the woman at the front desk told me that she was able to find a handicap accessible room with a king, if that was okay. We said fine. Upon getting into the room and taking a shower, all of the tiles were coming up from the floor, and it was uneven and leaking. We went downstairs and the front desk manager found us a new room instantly. The new room was beautiful and completely different from the room we were in previously. This room had beautiful wood floors, and modern decoration. The manager even sent us up a card and a few pastries. This was unexpected and very much appreciated. I was there for a conference and the food at the conference was great. All in all a great property.

1  Thank tgj777

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would, however, like to apologize for the condition of your first room. I am addressing your comments and am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great hotel, very clean and chic. I thought the staff were excellent and the rooms are very contemporary. Also the hotel is in a great location. The pool area was also good, but I think its odd that the steam room and sauna are on a different floor. Only criticism, but would definitely stay here again and recommend.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have big balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you loved your stay at the hotel and that you have taken the time to recommend us to others! I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Aqua Blu in Chicago for eight nights. We had a corner view room on the 16th floor, with an amazing view of the city and Lake Michigan. The room was fantastic: it was contemporary, beautifully furnished. The bathroom, though small (it could have used a bit more shelf space), had a great deep tub and a rain shower. The lighting was also very well done in the bathroom and throughout the room.

The reservation agents, concierge, the bell staff were all very friendly and helpful.

I was in town in for an international travel trade show and many of my colleagues stayed at hotels throughout town. After speaking with them, it was apparent that we stayed at one of the best hotels in the city.

I'm in the resort business in California. In my little over a week, the Radisson Aqua Blu is, on all accounts, a truly outstanding property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ccrellin
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We are honored that you had such a nice stay and that your conferences went so well. I am thrilled you view us as one of the best hotels in the city! We do have an extensive green initiatives program and have recently been named the only hotel to reach Platinum level by Trip Advisor! I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!