“Amazing stay !”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Paris
“Amazing stay !”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed in the Radisson Blu Aqua Chicago in April, twice within 2 weeks as I was traveling across Illinois, Minnessota and Michigan with a friend. First, this hotel is superb. Architecture is great and building is new so everything is clean. At check in, we got an upgrade (twice) as I am a concierge member from the club carlson. All the more appreciated that it gives access to a superior rooms where I had a wonderful scenic view. On top of the this, it gave us access to the "lounge".
The lounge is a terrific experience :quality of the food is second to none (croissants, pains au chocolat, etc), it is calm and quiet so very nice to rest and to have a chat. Nice beverage on offer too. The staff is extremely helpful and always on the move to make sure that guests can find what they are after. Clearly, this lounge is a very smart idea !!
Superior rooms are splendid. All clean and spacious. Bed are very comfortable and an iPad is provided.
Check in and check out are quickly done.
We did not try the Italian restaurant. Probably next time.
From all the Radisson I stayed in, the Radisson Aqua Blu Chicago is obviously the best. There is just nothing to complain about and location is great (10 mn away from the "Bean"). I will stay there again next time I am around the area (indeed, I already stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua last year).

Un petit mot en français: excellent accueil et services irréprochables, le manager est français. Un petit coucou a Chantal, membre du personnel et française avec laquelle nous avons discute lors du check out. Pour les visiteurs venus de l Hexagone, n hésitez pas un seul instant, le Radisson Blu Aqua est magnifique, tout propre, spacieux et le staff est ultra serviable.

Room Tip: I would advise that you join the Club Carlson in order to get an upgrade when possible. Superior roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your review! I could not be more honored that we continue to be your home here in Chicago and that every time you stay you are thrilled with your experience. I will share your compliments with Chantal and the team. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 7 May 2014

What a building! The balconies are lika waves around its perimeter.
The lobby is inviting and the bar and Filini restaurant are both very good.
The rooms are not very large but large enough. The decorations are fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I couldn't be happier that you loved your stay and that you were impressed with the design both inside and out. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago was great! Organized a conference that was taking place at this property & the staff was amazing! Friendly, passionate, helpful, organized & professional. The location was perfect for our delegates to discover Chicago! In house AV company was very helpful & worked well with outside suppliers.

Thanks!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for hosting your events with us! We are honored that everything went well and that our team was helpful and accommodating! I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your group back in the future!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for weekend break ... It was first time for us in Chicago therefore we spent most of our time exploring the city ... therefore we did not have enough time to enjoy this fabulous hotel! Check-in and check-out was smooth and staff very friendly, we manage to visit the restaurant for breakfast which was delicious and again very friendly staff ...the most amazing décor in lobby and our room had balcony and view of lake Michigan which was great....central location all great ... the only thing which was disappointing for me was that the hotel room balconies have no smoking policy which was quite a shame - but can understand ! Great stay overall, would love to come back in summer months and make use of the onsite spa and outside pool ;c)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled you and your husband had such a great experience and that you hope to return this summer. I am also happy that our location was ideal for all of your favorite destination in the city. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I go to Chicago often for business and the Radisson Blu is by far one of the best places I've stayed in the windy city. No words to described how happy I am with the room, service, food and amenities...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We couldn't be happier that you loved every aspect of your stay with us and that we are your favorite hotel in Chicago. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was there for a conference across the street. The hotel was perfect. The size of the room was just what I needed, with a desk to get a bit of work done. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very quite. The decor was beautiful and made me feel like I was in a very high end hotel, at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you loved your stay and that the room was perfect for your needs. I am also happy that you enjoyed our design and location. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay at this hotel but will on our next visit with its incredible architecture and interior decor. We did visit the bar several times for food and drinks and the quality and service were impeccable. What lovely people in a lovely place.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you plan to stay with us the next time you are in Chicago, and that you loved your experience at Filini. We hope to see you soon!