“Awesome!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greenville, South Carolina
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I came to the Radisson Blu for a conference. I had never stayed there before. I was blown away.

The sitting and bar area are the coolest I have ever seen.

We had food catered in for the meeting and it was very good.

My room was fantastic. The differentiator is always the stand up only shower and the Blu had it. Beautiful looking tub (which I did not try.). Fantastic over the head shower head for a raining sensation. Hardwood floors. Corner room with a balcony that opened to a fantastic view. Firm yet comfortable bed.

The hotel room felt like a small apartment.

The fitness area is very nice with plenty of treadmills and other cardio machines. Very nice weight area and even a basketball court.

I tried the sauna. It should have been hotter. I give this hotel. 9.8 out if 10 (only the sauna kept it from a 10.0)

If you can get a good rate you should try it out! The only problem is you will want to stay inside instead of seeing Chicago. I guess that is mission accomplished for the Blu!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your great review! I am thrilled to see that you loved your stay and that you recommend us to others! I will share your comments with our team. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Blu Aqua for two nights while in Chicago on business. Everything about the visit was excellent. Check in was quick; and room was beautifully appointed (I had a balcony and overlooked the park and could see the Lake). The things that set this hotel apart, for me, were: 1. My room was spotless - and I mean spotless. Not a stray hair, nor crumb, nor wrinkle on the bed coverings. I spend on average 3-6 nights in hotels per month - I've never been a room so clean in the United States. I happened to meet the woman from housekeeping charged with the room, and she was lovely and kind - and obviously took great care. Seriously - I was blown away.
Also, the room was exceptionally quiet. I could hear an occasional door close, but none of the other typical room to room noise (television or voices or foot steps). The bed was also very comfortable - firm, but not overly so - but I had some of the best hotel sleep I've ever had.
The staff, from front desk on (obviously including housekeeping) were exceptional. Kind, helpful and efficient. A Class A Stay!

Room Tip: If you can, spring for a balcony with a park view on an upper floor (10 and up).
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I can't thank you enough for your fantastic review. We are honored that you loved every aspect of your stay and that our team made a huge difference. I will certainly pass along your compliments; I know everyone will feel proud of how much you loved your stay. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights with our 3 kids under the age of 7. From check in to check out the staff here was very friendly and great with our kids. They have two pools, one outdoor and one indoor. The views from the room were Amazing!!! The location is great because you are a block from Millennium Park and two block from Michigan Ave. & the Chicago river. A $7.00 taxi will get you to just about anything you want to see (including all of the Museums) . Can't wait to come back to the Radisson Blu!!!!

Room Tip: We had a part suite and the extra room was nice!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! We could not be happier that you and your family had such a great stay with us and that you were able to explore all the city has to offer! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had our first stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel recently and were totally blown away by both the property and the staff. Our check-in was efficiently handled by a friendly desk staff person, even walking with us to point out the elevator. Upon entering the room, we marveled at the contemporary, clean furnishings. The room layout seemed Asian with beautiful wood floors and sliding glass panels separating the bathroom.
The location is great, near the Art Institute and State Street shopping. Nearly is a shopping plaza with a nice Mariano's gourmet grocery and several restaurants, including a wonderful Dim Sum restaurant.
On future visits to Chicago, we will definitely return to the Radisson Blu Aqua.

Green Features: Low flush toilet options, wood floors, no carpet, recycling.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to see that you loved the hotel and surrounding area. I am also glad that you enjoyed the "green" features! I hope to welcome you back soon!

palmyra, va
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked this hotel for a conference. Not thinking anything about it. After a very tumulus day of travel I finally checked in at midnight. Everyone was so very nice and welcoming. I was booked in a business class room and boy what a class act it is! The room was FABULOUS! The view the size, the cleanliness...everything. There is a lounge that is accessible only by the business class guests that serves a lovely continental breakfast and the service is beyond par. The young lady Mileydis was as personable and helpful as could be. In the afternoon the Lounge was a great place to decompress, get a snack, have a glass of wine and contemplate the evening plans. Again the staff in the afternoon was just as nice and accommodating. All of the lounge amenities are complimentary. Such a nice plus when all of downtown Chicago is expensive and when you are on a budget it really helps. I had a very tasty dinner at Fellini's and the wait and bar staff were tops! Even the door men were fun and very courteous! Even the gym surpassed any that I have visited in a hotel :-P. All in all I had a wonderful stay and would recommend this place to all and any who asked. Well done Radisson Blu!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your review! We could not be happier that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay or that our team was so helpful. I will certainly pass along your compliments! We appreciate you taking the time to recommend us to others; I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Baltimore, MD and NYC
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here again for business. We had a meeting there. It's right near Michigan Ave and the bridge over the river. It is very clean and the staff is always very friendly. Morale is obviously high there as everyone is helpful. The design is contemporary and the beds are very comfortable. I like the walk in shower with the head in the ceiling. No tubs if that's an issue for you. Maybe they have them in other rooms if you ask. The building is secure with a room card necessary to make the elevator get to your floor.
Can I just send a huge thank you for including wi-fi with the room. It is annoying that most hotels do not. Thanks again! Thanks also for the 2 free bottles of water and coffee in the room.
There is an indoor track, gym, indoor and outdoor pool I believe but I didn't have time to use these unfortunately!
I was there with my family last year and had a crib in the room no problem. While I worked they worked on destroying my wallet at the American Girl store up Michigan Ave.

Green Features: They have some though I didn't see bins to leave recycling. They were kind enough to leave 2 complimentary water bottles and I left them outside the trash in case housekeeping recycles them.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for leaving us a review! I am thrilled that you had such a great experience with your family last year and that you returned for business this year! Thank you for noticing some of our "green" features! All of the trash throughout the building is auto-sorted at the garbage facilities to ensure as many items as possible are recycled. We do also offer some room with tubs, and will always do our best to accommodate requests. Thank you again for returning to the hotel; I hope to see you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Pleasant experience, extremely helpful staff, quick and timely room service. Clean room with all the modern necessities.. Bathroom was amazing!! Had a tub and shower! Safe hotel right in the middle of downtown Chicago with all the needs including a restaurant downstairs!

When I return to Chicago, I will be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience! I could not be happier that you loved your stay and that you felt safe and secure in your room. I am also glad that you enjoyed the restaurant and room service. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!