“My New 'Go To' Place in Chicago!”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked a room here because a conference was located onsite and am so glad I did! Reticent about the nightly rate, I came in with expectations formed through years of travel reality -- and was so pleasantly surprised -- by the amazing service in a beautiful setting. Amazing doesn't happen often on business travel. I was truly 'wowed!' by every human being I ran into at the Blue Aqua. Definitely where I will stay next time and solidly recommended.

Room Tip: I had park view with a little lake from the balcony -- wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am honored that you had such a wonderful stay and that our team stood out so much! I will certainly share your compliments; we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town! Thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (4,941)

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, clean and great facilities. Room was modern and spacious with really and luxury bed linen. comfortable bedWill definitely be staying here again the next time we visit Chicago.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert D

Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had a great stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago. Thanks again!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Loved this hotel, absolutely beautiful lobby, bar and restaurant with great food and ambience. Stayed fir 3 nights and only wished it could have been longer. Rooms were lovely and well fitted out with everything we needed, loved the sparkly floor tikes and bathroom rainfall shower. We ate breakfast which was delicious, fresh,y squeezed juices and lovely pancakes beautifully presented - yes more expensive than eating outside the hotel but it was relaxing and enjoyable - the staff are a credit to this hotel, Michael B in Felinis could not have been more helpful. Doormen were great, providing help and directions, hotel is well situated for walking to the main attractions and of course shopping in Michigan Avenue. If we are in Chicago again would definitely want to stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a park view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am happy you loved your experience both at the hotel and in Filini. I will share your compliments with Michael and the rest of our team. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Wow!! Those were our first words when we arrived at the Radisson Blu in Chicago. We booked a 3 night stay for our first time stay here in Chicago and couldn't have been happier with our choice.
The hotel is very new and modern and the service and amenities are excellent. We pulled up to the front doors and were immediately greeted by  2 doormen who helped us unload and explain the parking. Their smiles and "can do" attitude immediately made us feel special and welcomed.  Our check-in was a breeze and we opted for the upgrade to a Park View Suite with access to the business lounge.
Our suite was awesome! It had laminate flooring, a large balcony, modern furnishings with a work desk, iPad, safe, expresso machine, 2 flat screen TV's, very comfortable King Bed, separate living area and of course a beautiful bathroom with full soaker tub and separate shower stall and most of all it was spotless clean.
We had free lbreakfast every morning in the business lounge before heading out to do sightseeing and shopping. There was always a good selection of fresh Continental breakfast items, newspapers to read and the staff in the lounge were terrific especially Karmen. In fact, on our last morning in the lounge, we happen to misplace our room card and after trying to help us find it, she immediately called Security to bring us another card  and within minutes someone came up. We were very impressed with all the staff we encountered during our stay...they all had a " yes we can" attitude and are very engaged, a compliment to the General Manager of the hotel.
Also, the hotel has a great roof top terrace with a large pool area, running track, lounge sitting areas and landscaped gardens...beautiful area to relax.
And lastly, the location of the hotel was excellent. It was walking distance to everything we wanted to explore in Chicago such as Millenium Park, Navy Pier, Michigan Ave and the Hop On-Hop Off bus stop.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Radisson Blu in Chicago and we will definately return again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you were impressed from the moment you arrived and remained to be all the way through your stay! I will be sure to share your compliments with Karmen and our team. I hope that you choose us again the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My firm selected this hotel for a three-day business meeting, during the course of which we used most of its facilities. It is a large high-rise hotel, residence, and conference center, the combination of which makes for somewhat confusing elevator access. It is well-located a block away from Millennium Park and within easy walking distance of the downtown core and subway system. The building’s exterior has wavy overhangs that weave in and out of the facade creating an interesting and distinctive identity amongst its relatively bland neighbours. The lobby, while glitzy, is not totally over the top, the front-desk staff were well informed and attentive, and the restaurant (Filini’s) was good, although the service at dinner was slow. The conference rooms are better than average, and the rooms themselves are comfortable and well-appointed, with quiet air-conditioning (a rare occurrence in hotels) and electric plugs where you actually need them rather than having to get on hands and knees, as is often the case. I could live without the shiny metallic finish to closet doors and ceiling, and the rather eye-popping turquoise carpet, but the hotel is called the Radisson Blu Aqua, after all. Recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Architectandmusician

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you loved your stay and that the conference rooms and facilities exceeded your expectations. I would, however, like to apologize that the elevator locations were not better explained. We do also feature two different room designs, the other one has blond wood floors and lighter accents; it may be more to your taste. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

stayed 2 nights in Chicago at end May, this hotel is perfect in every way. Just south of East Wacker Drive everywhere is a 15 minute walk away- Navy Pier, Michigan Avenue etc. Service is outstanding and the room was luxuriously modern with a superb bathroom. Balocnies are a bit of a lottery because of the design of the building, and the fire engines from the station next door can sometimes be heard.Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djh&cjh
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review! I am honored that you loved your experience and that you took the time to recommend us to others! I am also glad that our location was ideal for every place you wanted to visit. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 4 days at the Radison over the weekend (June 2014) to explore the city. The hotel certainly met our expectations starting from an ideal downtown location for business &/or pleasure. We likely did 100 KM of walking just from the hotel.

First impressions are of a modern look, yet an architectural fit with the wave balcony style and unique neighborhood. The rooms have everything from AirCon to mini bar and big flat screen to very comfy beds. I was especially impressed at the fast internet, iPod recharger and modern phone.

The bathroom “area” is unique. There was a large shower (no bath) with rain shower fixture. The toilet is adjacent with a sliding opaque door gives you privacy. A bit bizarre but functional. I really liked the shaving mirror. But my wife was off as now where to sit to also ….shave her legs. (o:

A real bonus was the window that actually opens. I like fresh versus canned air. We also got two free bottles of water a day plus all the regular bathroom amenities. I usually take the hair shampoos home …….. Plus, I took a mouthwash along for a “touch-up” during the day.

We had a great view of view of the Chicago Fire Station station adjacent to the hotel (Engine 13 & Truck 8) Pop down to say hello to the team & pick up a T Shirt for $20. Also note …..they are 24/7 so some siren noise.

Otherwise great service from the Concierge & Front Desk. They are versant on all the local attractions. As a suggestion on your last day, leave your bags with the concierge at check out. If you have a afternoon flight that gives you more time for last minute shopping or touring.

On that note, we took the train in from O’Hare Airport on arrival. But with the construction midway you must get off the train, board a bus & then re board the train again. Not convenient & very time consuming. On our return, we took a taxi that took 50 minutes & was $40.

Back to the hotel remarks, we enjoyed the lobby with the Art and Pictures while having coffee in the morning. Unfortunately, we did not try the Italian Filini Restaurant. It had a great menu (reasonable rates) & was usually fairly busy. Try the outdoor patio.

As mentioned, we did some great sightseeing so I have some recommendations to share with you:

ARCHITECTURE – Walk around the city & enjoy the beautiful historical buildings. Take the “not for profit” Architecture Cruise which is narrated by architecture students.

NAVY PIER – Walk down the pier & pop into the many shops which are mainly tourist stuff. But conside a bite at the many restaurants.

MILLENNIUM PARK – It is a fantastic and long walk. We went back two or more times & always say new sights. A must. (Plus free Symphonies in the Park), Buckingham Fountain & Crown Fountain.

CITY TOUR – Take the 4 day pass that gives you the Double Decker city tour & also the other tours on the Trolley to the neighborhoods. Plus you get a free T Shirt.
MICHIGAN AVE – Everyone does this & so should too. Lots of landmarks & all kinds of shopping.

FOOD – The local favorites are deep dish pizza. While Giordano's is great (a block from the hotel) it is over an hour wait. We found many Italian Restaurants that had great Pizza. Try the Hotdogs too!

OTHER – I did not have time but check out Sue at the Field Museum, a show at the Oriental (& get last minute Tkts), or BLUE MAN (It is great but I saw the show in Vancouver)

Hope this helps
Safe Travels
MikeN

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike N
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you took the time to recommend us to others. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I am also glad that you had so much fun throughout our beautiful city! I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!