“Great Hotel, Great Location”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #28 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference that I was attending next door at the Swissotel Chicago. I had found that the per night rate at the Raddison Blu Aqua Hotel was significantly lower than the conference hotel, and my employer has a per night limit of lodging. The Raddison Blu Aqua is in an elegant building very near the water front, just north of the park that contains the Art Institute and just south of the Chicago River. It is also just a block off Michigan Avenue. There is ample parking for $47 per night in a subterranean parking garage that is connected to the hotel. The hotel staff was most accommodating when asked for advice or services, the room was very modern and functional, and all areas of the hotel that I visited were very, very clean. I was able to walk throughout downtown and up Michigan Avenue to the north, because the location was just so convenient. I was also able to move from the Raddison Blu Aqua to the conference hotel with little effort or weather exposure. I will not hesitate to stay there again when in Chicago.

Room Tip: When I made my reservation, for eight dollars per night, I could be upgraded to a classier, room wit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim D
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy that you loved your stay and that we were convenient for both work and everything you wanted to do in the city! I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in town!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (5,001)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed at Radisson Blu Aqua hotel on business and was very pleased with the rooms, facilities and food. The decor of this hotel is really nice - recommend it for large functions or just for personal use. Great location - one block from Chicago River and about 8 blocks to John Hancock center. Only thing negative I can say is that the restaurant/bar closes early- after arriving ion a long flight from the West there was little to offer in the restaurant. Waitress was not too happy with our late arrival- food pricey and not very ample. With all that said we would definitely go back to this place again- great workout facility, location and decor.
Exterior of hotel is a architectural building that is unique and adds to the Chicago skyline.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen P

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you recommend us to others and that you plan to return in the future. I would, however, like to apologize that the bar was not open late enough for your needs and that you did not receive a proper welcome from our team. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed as a family at Radisson Blu after spending a long time researching a unique place to stay as a family on my first time since I was very young. The service was attentive and courteous, the amenities incredible, atmosphere pleasant and creative. I must say luckily we chose a King suite, corner for the adults and a double Queen suite for the teens. I would have been very disappointed with the Queen as the modern, subdued decor would have been a turn off to me. In contrast the King suite was incredibly bright, well lit and naturally sun drenched. I loved the balconies and park vies of ours and city view of theirs.

Room Tip: Make certain the choice of room is based on your decor preference.Corner suites are spacious and sun...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KevinH165

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you and your family had such a great first visit to Chicago! I am also glad that you enjoyed your suite upgrade with our "Naturally cool" room design! We do have standard kings and queen/queens in both this design and the "Mansion House' style that your teenagers stayed in. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excelent hotel, modern, clean and most important attentive and nice staff! Room with cool view, very clean, modern, great beds and floor to ceiling glass window bathroom! AWESOME!
At lobby they have a cool italian restaurant! Great food and great staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had a great time and that you enjoyed both the hotel and Filini Restaurant! I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The service was great, everybody was polite and good tips were given. Rooms are nice, clean and quiet. The only problems was that our room had no properly working air-conditioning and our shower was broken. For over 300 USD per night you might except something else. We had to sleep in bit too hot room because the AC had no power to drop the temperature from 22,5C to the set one. Had to woke up because of this.
Part of the shower was broken too, only ceiling shower was functioning. They would have had come to see it but you can spot these kind of issues when you are at the shower and usually don't want to dress up again and wait for the maintenance.
We mentioned about these issues during checkout but it was ignored by the basic "we are sorry about it"-sentence.
Great location, near the park and close to the Magnificient Mile area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FinnTravellerPS
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that you encountered some issues during your stay and that our team was not more helpful in resolving them upon departure. We do have a 24-hour engineering team that would be happy to assist with room temperature at anytime. We would also be happy to change your room if something is not functioning properly. I apologize again for any disappointment you experienced and hope that you will return so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked a room here because a conference was located onsite and am so glad I did! Reticent about the nightly rate, I came in with expectations formed through years of travel reality -- and was so pleasantly surprised -- by the amazing service in a beautiful setting. Amazing doesn't happen often on business travel. I was truly 'wowed!' by every human being I ran into at the Blue Aqua. Definitely where I will stay next time and solidly recommended.

Room Tip: I had park view with a little lake from the balcony -- wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am honored that you had such a wonderful stay and that our team stood out so much! I will certainly share your compliments; we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town! Thanks again!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, clean and great facilities. Room was modern and spacious with really and luxury bed linen. comfortable bedWill definitely be staying here again the next time we visit Chicago.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert D

Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had a great stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago. Thanks again!